#1 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:00 AM

I posted my boys list on here before and it has changed a bit since then, but some of you might recognize some of the names. I'm going to give my original list (so you get an idea of my taste) as well as some of the new ones I'm on the fence about. They aren't in a particular order.

Original list:
Alec Joseph - possibly A.J. for a nickname...
Alec Donovan
William Spencer
William Alec - the only name I can find that I think Alec makes an okay mn. I'm not positive I want to use Alec as a fn. I love it, but I think he would have to say it over and over to avoid mixing it with Alex. I don't like Alex/Alexander at all.
Oliver Ryan
Matthew James
Zachary Dylan
Donovan Cole
Mason Andrew
Joseph Dominic - I'm open to J.D. as a nickname (as well as the regular ones), but then again I'm a Scrubs fan
Nathaniel Owen
Derek Thomas

I know some are plain and some are trendy, but I prefer to play it safe with boys. Nicknames are really important to me because I love choices. J.D. or possibly A.J. are the only initial nicknames I like.

New ones:
Logan Wyatt - not sure the names match at all... or if Wyatt is okay as a nickname. I like them, but I need feedback.
Joshua Maxwell - Really like this for some reason, but I've gotten some negative feedback about the flow.
Sean Elliot - I really love Sean, and I like the pair. On the other hand, I'm not sure if it is masculine enough. I was planning to pair Sean with a more solid middle, but I really like Sean Elliot's flow.
Leonardo Kale or Leon Kale - I love Leo as a nn, but wouldn't want to use it as a full name. I don't know if Leonardo is too much or Leon is too different... Kale sounds nice and fresh to my ears, but it is probably too weird. I wanted a short one to complement Leonardo. I think most people will hate this one. Definitely the most iffy of the 4 new ones because both names are kinda out there, but I indulge myself for the nickname.

Do you think the new 4 pairs match okay with what I already have? Comments or suggestions about them really appreciated. Secondly, which of the William and Alec ones do you think sound better and why? (William Alec vs. William Spencer; Alec Joseph vs. Alec Donovan)
~Sorry for the length, but I'm really into names and could go on forever.~

#2 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:27 PM

Alec Joseph - possibly A.J. for a nickname... ~ A.J. is a cute nickname. Alec is okay, but I prefer Alex. It's a nice alternative though.
Alec Donovan ~ I love this! I was never a fan of Donovan, but I have been hearing it a lot lately and it has grown on me. This is definitely my fave combo of yours!
William Spencer ~ William is a classic and never goes out of style, but I usually prefer just Liam. Liam Spencer has a great ring to it! What do you think?
William Alec - the only name I can find that I think Alec makes an okay mn. I'm not positive I want to use Alec as a fn. I love it, but I think he would have to say it over and over to avoid mixing it with Alex. I don't like Alex/Alexander at all. ~ this is okay, but I prefer Alec with Alec Donovan and William with William Spencer
Oliver Ryan ~ I am not really of fan of either names, sorry
Matthew James ~ great combo! James is one of my favorite boy names
Zachary Dylan ~ I love love love Zachary, but unfortunately I could never use it because one of my mom's best friends have a son named Zachary and it would just be weird! lol. However, it is a major guilty pleasure name. I love Zachary Blake. ;) I am not a fan of Dylan though.
Donovan Cole ~ nice, but Alec Donovan is just too fantastic!
Mason Andrew ~ Mason has grown on me recently, but it's still not a favorite of mine and I don't like Andrew
Joseph Dominic - I'm open to J.D. as a nickname (as well as the regular ones), but then again I'm a Scrubs fan ~ I like J.D. as a nickname, but I'm not a fan of Joseph, and Dominic is too close to Donovan, which I think you should use! lol
Nathaniel Owen ~ I prefer just Nathan. Owen is okay.
Derek Thomas ~ I love this! Derek may be too rhymey with Alec though.

I'm not a fan of any of your new combos, sorry.

I hope this helps!

My faves:
Alec Donovan
Liam Spencer (or William :D )
Derek Thomas

#3 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:25 AM

I love Liam - but I would prefer to use it as a nickname for William so he has some options. Blake is on my list, but I prefer Zachary Dylan. If you don't like the new combos, can you give me some middle name suggestions for the first names?

Thanks for the feedback!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users