• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Yuna229

Yuna229

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:52 AM

I'm having serious problems naming my two main characters, because everyone says that the names I chose just don't fit.

My first main character is a 14 year old girl. She has got blonde hair, green eyes, she is funny, sarcastic, a bit laid back, kind of cunny, her head is often up in the clouds dreaming of an adventure she would have with the eventual love of her live, she has sort of a gift to start discussions, she usualy thinks about the good bit and the bad bit of things or situations before jumping into conclusions, and is a person in MUCH need of some adventure. When she is nervous, she plays with an elastic around her wrist (which she never uses). SHE IS PORTUGUESE, SO, IF YOU KNOW ANY PORTUGUESE NAMES FOR HER, PLEASE, TELL ME.

My, well, second main character, is a 14 year boy. He has got brown-red hair, beautiful green eyes, in a fight or discussion, never lets his oponent have the upper hand, he's quite social, likes big feasts, but also loves poems (specialy Fernando Pessoa's poems), tales and the sound of seagulls and waves. HE IS VIKING, SO, IF YOU KNOW ANY VIKING/OLD NORSE NAMES FOR HIM, PLEASE, TELL ME, AND HIS LAST NAME IS BJORNSTEIN.

Thanks

#2 MiaKatie

MiaKatie

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:19 PM

Boy:

Asger
Audun
Calder
Colborn
Carr
Darby
Eirik
Erico
Frey
Haldor
Haskell
Loki
Leif
Odin
Sveinn/Sven
Tait
Thor/Thorpe/Thurston/Torsten

Girl:

Catia
Daniela
Emilia
Isabel
Lucia
Lina
Lorena
Luisa
Marcia
Madalena "Maddie?"
Mariana
Micaela
Natalia

#3 Yuna229

Yuna229

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:02 AM

thanks for the names! they're great! but the portuguese names you gave me, are they brasilian or portuguese? (yeah, there is a difference)

#4 MiaKatie

MiaKatie

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:01 PM

The page said Portuguese, I'm pretty sure. I never knew there was a difference! Huh. I learned something new today.

#5 Yuna229

Yuna229

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:34 AM

yeah, many (and I mean many) people think it's the same... I live in Portugal, so I can tell for sure that there is a difference, but I don't know ALL the portuguese names, because some are just sooooooo old or exotic, that they sound weird...

#6 Yuna229

Yuna229

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:37 AM

take, for instance, the word "pear". in brasilian it's "cavanhaque" and in portuguese it's "pêra"!

#7 Yuna229

Yuna229

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

But I know, I'm portuguese, I should be able to choose which portuguese names my characters would be called, but I've made a small list of names of people I know, but I just can't decide which one... I still haven't found the right name,... I've asked a few people what they thought of the name Diana, because I like very much, but everyone would say it's a name for someone with brown hair and brown eyes..... And, I've got to admit, I know someone named Diana and it fits the description my friends and family gave me  

#8 CLA

CLA

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:24 PM

I see Diana as a blonde. You could even spell it Dianna. My sister's name is Diane and she has strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes.

#9 Yuna229

Yuna229

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:53 AM

well..... I might just call her Diana, it's probably due to just who people know that is called Diana. thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users