• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

I feel like I am copying Emily, but I am just really loving Blaire for a girl. I think it's the new Claire. I came up with a combo and am curious to see what you think...

Catherine Blaire <3

So, what do you guys think? Here is the rest of my girls list...
Ava Madeline (Madeline is pronounced Mad-uh-LINE, not Mad-uh-lynn)
Emerson Juliet (it IS for a girl. Nickname Emme, which is pronounced M-E)
Aubrey Cordelia (<3)
Elizabeth
Rosalie
Lila (pronounced Lye-luh)
Clarissa

Also, if I named her Catherine but wanted to call her Cate, would it be okay to spell Cate K-A-T-E. I prefer Cate with a K, but her name isn't Katherine, it is Catherine. I don't like the spelling Katherine at all, but still want to call her Kate, with a K. :-)

Thanks. Btw, Emily, is it okay if I use Blaire? I changed the spelling to the one I prefer and I will not use your whole combo. I kind of need your permission, lol, before I can officially add it to my list. Btw, congrats on Vivi!! I bet Hayes and Easton are excited to have a little sister! :-)
  • EmilyA likes this

#2 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 870 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

Of course you can Dear! :) Personally, I love the name Catherine. I just know so many that I don't want to use it.

Thank you for your kind comments. You have such a sweet and caring soul! :)
  • Madi Wolf Princess <3 likes this

#3 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

Of course you can Dear! :) Personally, I love the name Catherine. I just know so many that I don't want to use it.

Thank you for your kind comments. You have such a sweet and caring soul! :)

Thanks. Could I nickname her Kate even though her name is spelled Catherine? I don't like the spelling Katherine, but also don't like the spelling Cate... :-)

#4 ElizabethRuth

ElizabethRuth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

I love Catherine Blaire! Very pretty :) I don't think using Kate with a K would be that much of a problem.

Ava Madeline (Madeline is pronounced Mad-uh-LINE, not Mad-uh-lynn)- Love it! I'm currently crushing on Madeline but pronounced Mad-uh-lynn (not sure if I'll need to change the spelling for Mad-uh-lynn but I like the spelling Madeline best)
Emerson Juliet (it IS for a girl. Nickname Emme, which is pronounced M-E)-Cute
Aubrey Cordelia (<3)-LOVE! I personally like Audrey better but Aubrey is so pretty too.
Elizabeth- haha my name :) and I love it.
Rosalie-Not my fav
Lila (pronounced Lye-luh)- Love this name and pronounciation.
Clarissa- Not my fav

Favorites are Catherine Blaire, Ava Madeline, Aubrey Cordelia and Elizabeth.

#5 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 870 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

Thanks. Could I nickname her Kate even though her name is spelled Catherine? I don't like the spelling Katherine, but also don't like the spelling Cate... :-)

Hrm. You could call her Cat? It's adorable! I can just imagine a little curly red headed girl running around (courtesy of Arianna Grande) :P
  • Madi Wolf Princess <3 likes this

#6 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

Also, if I named her Catherine but wanted to call her Cate, would it be okay to spell Cate K-A-T-E. I prefer Cate with a K, but her name isn't Katherine, it is Catherine. I don't like the spelling Katherine at all, but still want to call her Kate, with a K. :-)

Isn't that what Kate Middleton did? I'm pretty sure she spells her name Catherine. But anyways, you could totally do it. I'm the same way; I don't really care for Cate, but I like Kate, and Catherine is prettier than Katherine.

So, as for my opinion on Catherine Blaire:
I honestly prefer Blair/Blaire on boys (I have a really close guy friend who bears the name), but I see the appeal for it on girls. I think Catherine Blaire is a pretty combo and well balanced. Blaire Madeline (Mad-uh-LINE, not Lynn ;) ) would be another really pretty option, even though you already have Madeline in a nice combo.

#7 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

You could use Kate for Catherine, but it always confuses me lol. Kate Middleton is a Catherine, so I thought she was a Cate until I saw it written, confused me so much. I prefer the Katherine spelling, but I do know a few lol. I actually know a Cate too. As for Blaire, it feels quite masculine to me, although it does remind me of Claire, which I'm not a fan of either. The combo as a whole is nice though, Catherine's sweetness balances Blaire's boyishness well.

#8 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 907 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

Hrm. You could call her Cat? It's adorable! I can just imagine a little curly red headed girl running around (courtesy of Arianna Grande) :P

Haha, I do like Catt. I could also call her Kitty-Catt, lol. There are a lot of nickname options for Catherine. That's one of the reasons I love the name. Thanks again, Emily! :-)
  • EmilyA likes this

#9 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

I think it is darling! <3

#10 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 907 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

I love Catherine but now I think Blaire would sound better with a first name ending in -a. I love Blaire but it kind of has a harsh sound to it, which is why I'd pair it with a softer first name ending in -a. Suggestions?

#11 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

Hmm, I'll give it a shot.

Tabitha Blaire
Matilda Blaire
Catarina Blaire
Finola Blaire
Winona Blaire
Georgia Blaire
Georgina Blaire
Georgiana Blaire
Christiana Blaire
Christina Blaire
Ophelia Blaire
Tatiana Blaire
Anastasia Blaire
Diana Blaire
Philippa Blaire
Maria Blaire
Marissa Blaire
Alyssa Blaire
Rhianna Blaire
Ella Blaire
Michaela Blaire
Isabella Blaire
Gabriella Blaire
Mirabelle Blaire

Will post more if I think of them lol.

#12 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

Cute! Catherine Blaire is adorable! Also, Catherine nick name Kate is fine. Makes me think od the english royalty who just had her boy. She does the same on spelling <3

#13 JennyB

JennyB

Superstar Baby Namer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

Catarina Blaire - nn Cat.

#14 cati1012

cati1012

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

I think Catherine with the nickname Kate could get confusing but if you like it, go for it. Catherine Baire is cute!!! My mother's name is Catherine and she named me Cati (pronounced Katie...after herself)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users