• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:29 AM

http://www.ssa.gov/c...opularnames.cgi

I was soooo excited this morning! I went on the site expecting to look at 2009's popularity charts, but 2010 was out! So, I'm enjoying looking through it now! Woot! :P So, anyone else who has time to look through or already has, what do you think? :D

#2 -Tara

-Tara

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:09 PM

i love/like alot of the names on there

#3 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:01 AM

I like a lot of the boys names, but the girls ones are mostly names I'm not a huge fan of.

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:57 AM

Sadly, I like a lot of the popular names... Especially William/Liam :D So sad that its rediculously popular! :P

#5 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:59 AM

:P :o :o

Link wont work for me :D

damn.

#6 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:57 AM

Aww, I'm sorry! You can always good SSA name charts and stuff, and it comes up for me :D Its how I found it haha! <3

#7 -Regan<3

-Regan<3

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:08 AM

I'm just glad Ariana isn't in the top 50. That was my cutoff for how popular her name can be.

Ariana Danielle is rated 83 & 195 respectfully :D

YAY!!!!

If she had been a boy Seth Nathanial Seth is 165 & Nathanial isn't even on the chart but NathaniEl is 82

#8 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

I love the boys' names, the girls' I'm not a huge fan of. My favorites kinda shocked me on their placement.
Gabriel (21) - I knew it was high on the list but I was thinking it'd be higher. The others were a lot lower than I would have expected (Damian 121, Marcus 130, Rebekah 404, & Kristen 574).

#9 anniefaith

anniefaith

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

I like a lot of them! However, I am surprised that some of them are as popular as they are. I can't believe that Jayden is #4! And I also can't believe that Mason is #12. Don't get me wrong, these aren't bad names by any means, I just didn't realize how popular they actually are!

What really shocked me the most was that Angel made the boys list at #40. I didn't even know Angel was being used as a boys name. Another name that I didn't realize was unisex: Alexis. I don't know about you, but I much prefer it on a girl.

For the most part, I liked a lot of them, with a few exceptions :wub:

#10 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

Damn. Both Emily, Grace and Noah are right at the top 15. -cries-
Hopefully by the time I decide to have kids, they'll have gone down in popularity. :] ♥

#11 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:19 AM

Damn. Both Emily, Grace and Noah are right at the top 15. -cries-
Hopefully by the time I decide to have kids, they'll have gone down in popularity. :] ♥

Baaaasically :/ My fingers are crossed for the same result! Cause bunches of my favorites are so damn popular :'( If Liam and William both remain so popular I might end up keeping it as a personal favorite that'll never get used </3

But same, Annie Faith! I would have never guessed Mason was so popular! I mean, it's handsome and all. But I didn't realize everyone else thought so too :) And agreed... I prefer Alexis on a girl.

Angel is probably from all the mexican/spanish backgrounded people. pronounced ahn-hell. (so it's not quite like just calling them angel lol). Just like Jesus (hey-sue). I personally don't care for it, but I suppose there is definitely much much much worse than that haha! <3 (not to say its bad or anything <3)

I think the top 50 would probably be my cut off for when I have kiddo's as well...

I noticed a pattern here, for the SSA charts. That the girls names, the more popular ones have more babies named by each name. While the boys names seem to be much closer in the amount of babies named by each name. And after like, the top 20/30 or something in the girls names... a significant drop happened. I just thought that was interesting. It'd drop from like, 3000 babies. (that sounds awkward....... hope that makes sense though!). As you go farther down the list, all the names are really close. Like, even with in the 10-20 area babies will still have like 9,010 then 9002 or something. And in the top 1-10, it'd be 20,000 to 17,000 and so on an so forth. Kinda neat :)

#12 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

they all seem to be such 'safe' names. the same ones going round and round. i like mos of them though. i have the trouble. i love bree, but if i was expecting a girl should i call her brianna and have everyone call her bree? i dont want it to be a rrediculously popular name tho :S all the names see like they have been in the top rotating for the last few yrs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users