28 replies to this topic

#21 LC's_mommy_Kayra

LC's_mommy_Kayra

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:19 AM

Obviously I like 2 middle names as I have two and so does my daughter. It is tradition and I was going to use my mom's name to honor her but I changed it but she still has a name honoring someone. I don't think there is anything wrong with having two middle names, in fact I know someone that has 5 middle names. It all depends on the parents. When people say it's stupid and stuff it really does hurt my feelings :/

#22 Eva Phoenix

Eva Phoenix

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 576 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:06 PM

I don't think it's pointless just because one won't show up on a passport or something; it isn't like you're losing that name. Legal documents are just words on paper. I don't know why they have two middle names, so I don't think I'm in a position to say something about it. I probably won't use two middle names myself, but I don't see anything wrong with it. I was almost Eva Elizabeth Marie, because my mom thought "Marie" would help to balance the two E's. She dropped it at the last second because she decided it was too "filler" for her.

I'm curious, what would you consider hyphenated names? Would Lily Ida-Rose have one middle name or two?

#23 ReecesWifey

ReecesWifey

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:04 AM

I have two middle names and I really like it! I think I may give my next child two middle names! I saw some posted that you can only have one middle name on social security cards, license, identification cards, etc. but this is not true I have both of my middle names on ALL of my legal documents!

#24 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:51 PM

I don't mind two middle names, I think if they flow well and aren't too lengthy then it's a great way to use up all of the names you like. It's also a good way to honour more than one family member in the name. For example, my name is Hannah Margaret, luckily for me both of my nans are named Margaret, but my cousin is named Gemma Mary Margaret, her nans are Mary and Margaret. My other cousin is called Toby Mark James, Mark is his dad's name, not sure why he has James in there, but it flows well and I like it. Also my younger brother is called Oliver John O'Neil, John is the name of his granpa (my step-granpa) and O'Neil is his mum's (my step-mum's) maiden name.

To be honest this whole '2 middle names is stupid' thing is like saying 'oh you can't name your kid that because it's a stupid name'. Other people have different tastes to you, you may not like it so don't do it, but don't criticise other people when you don't know the reasons behind what they named their child. It's like if someone had a daughter named Sailor, and you didn't like that name, you might not know she's called Sailor 'cause her Granpa who she'll never get to meet was a sailor, you just have to say, oh yeah it's nms but if you like it then go ahead and use it. This kind of thing gets me so worked up, so I'm going to stop now before I rant a lot.

~Hannah~

#25 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

I would LOVE to name one of my sons Jayson Kyler Vance <3. I think Names like that have a great ring to them. Though I don't like extensive names like:

Jayson Kyler Vance Timothy James Robert Thomas Kyle Garrison Johnson

#26 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:36 PM

JAYMEY! I love Jayson Kyler Vance, so cute! :)

Sorry just had to say this (:

~Hannah~

#27 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

JAYMEY! I love Jayson Kyler Vance, so cute! :)

Sorry just had to say this (:

~Hannah~

Thanks Hannah!

#28 cute_goth13

cute_goth13

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:18 AM

Both my Sisters have given their kids 3 names each, and my Neice has followed the tradition for her son.
The idea behind the 3 names was so my sisters could choose two names they liked plus a family name to honour someone.
My Neices & Nephews are named:

Amée Willow Myra
Rhia Fern Lily
Erin Rose Michelé

Jordan Stuart Theodore
Myles Thomas Harold
Chelsey Alyssa Dawn

Jaydan Lee James

My brother on the other hand didn't, his daughter is called:
Georgina Daisy

My siblings and I all have just the two names, but my husband (and most of his family) only have one name.
When it's my turn to have a family I think I'll be sticking with two names per child as I dont think my sister's tradition of three names will mesh with my husbands family tradition of just one :)

#29 AutumnLeigh

AutumnLeigh

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 608 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

I don't think that 2 middle names are pointless. My daughter has 2 middle names.

Her name is Shelby Diana Leigh.

We couldn't decide what to name her, so we gave her 3.
We both loved Shelby, and he like Diana, and I liked Leigh.

And as far as "just giving them 2 names and saving the other for a future child," when you're naming your child you're not thinking about naming future children, you're thinking about your present child.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users