• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 babybear

babybear

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:11 PM

We have a middle name kinda picked out, my hub has wanted it for a long time.

the middle name would be Nala or Nala-Adair-( family name)

what is a good first name to go with Nala or Nala-Adair

the lastname would be Sands.

I dont like Nala as a first name so its going to be a middle name

Fill in the blank :

______ Nala-Adair Sands or _____ Nala Sands

#2 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:I love reading...Romance and fantasy novels mostly, though I do get into some other genres every now and then. I also LOVE music...Mainly older music, but some newer stuff, also. I LOVE the Beatles! They are the greatest! lol. I also love to just drive around in my car...And shopping! When Ihave money, I LOVE to shop!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

What type of name are you looking for?? A name that sounds like Nala? A common name, something unusual? Of a certain origin? Or just whatever sounds good??

#3 babybear

babybear

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:19 PM

What type of name are you looking for?? A name that sounds like Nala? A common name, something unusual? Of a certain origin? Or just whatever sounds good??

well i like some popular names, though id really rather her not have a super popular name.
I dont want anything too crazy or exotic.

#4 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:I love reading...Romance and fantasy novels mostly, though I do get into some other genres every now and then. I also LOVE music...Mainly older music, but some newer stuff, also. I LOVE the Beatles! They are the greatest! lol. I also love to just drive around in my car...And shopping! When Ihave money, I LOVE to shop!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:21 PM

Okay, I'll see if I can find anything!! :lol:

#5 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:29 PM

This is all I'm coming up with, sorry:

Nadine Nala (Adair)
Audrey Nala (Adair)
Avery Nala (Adair)
Katriel Nala (Adair)
Margaret Nala (Adair)
Tiffany Nala (Adair)

That's the best I'm getting...It's easier for me to come up with middle names...

#6 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:09 PM

Do you like any of these?

Chloe Nala Sands
Mina Nala Sands
Shelby Nala Sands
Brandi Nala Sands
Kaylee Nala Sands
Antonia Nala Sands
Moriah Nala Sands
Sadie Nala Sands
Ariana Nala Sands
Meredith Nala Sands

#7 bebeeg

bebeeg

Administrator

• Community Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

The hard "e" sound at the end of the first name seems to go well with the a's in Nala.

Several good first name options with this sound were already mentioned. Here are a few more:

Hailey Nala Sands
Ashley Nala Sands
Harmony Nala Sands
Charity Nala Sands

Of these I like Hailey Nala the best.

Or, you could go with a first name ending with an "n" sound to flow into the middle name, like: Kathrine Nala Sands.

P.S. Welcome to the community! :lol: I hope you will stop by the community lounge and introduce yourself!

#8 Kate

Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:22 AM

Amélie Nala Sands
Zoe Nala Sands
Rachel Nala Sands
Gemma Nala Sands
Daisy Nala Sands
Phoebe Nala Sands
Sophie Nala Sands
Stephanie Nala Sands
Aimee/Amy Nala Sands

#9 keltria

keltria

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:39 AM

Verity
Natalie
Kelsie/Kelsey
Chelsea
Xanthe
Zoey
Islee
Leslie
Chasity
Bonnie
Bridget
Glory
Nancy
Shaylie
Kylie
Cady/Cadie/Kady/Kadie
Sadie
Suri
Sukie
Destri

#10 Melissa

Melissa

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:My husband and I are very into basketball and soccer and our daughters are enjoying sports too. My oldest daughter does gymnastics, soccer, and dance and my youngest does soccer and dance, so those are my interests rights now. <br /><br />I also love kids and my job. My husband and I's jobs both involve children.

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:47 PM

I like the suggestion of Gemma Nala. I really like that combo!

Good luck! :)

#11 babybear

babybear

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:51 PM

What do you think of Adria Nala Sands ?

#12 Kate

Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:46 AM

I sort of like Adria, it's pretty but then again it reminds me too much of Adrian. It goes well with Nala, though.

#13 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:More than anything else in the world I love being with my family, which includes my amazing husband and our three gorgeous daughters. We are currently expecting number four, and are so excited! I am of course a mother first, but I am a writer second. I am a nut about names and etymology in general. I love reading; I’m a sucker for both the more modern fantasy books, like Harry Potter, and the also classics, like Shakespeare. Music is another thing that I could’ve live without, and I have to say my tastes definitely lean towards modern rock: Nickelback, Hinder, Papa Roach, and Theory of a Deadman are my very favorites. Not too big on television, but I couldn’t live without Lost. I also love cars (and driving them!), and I am the proud “mommy” of a Ford Mustang. I’m also pretty big on talking and I like to see myself as friendly, so I hope to see you around the boards!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:47 AM

I sort of like Adria, it's pretty but then again it reminds me too much of Adrian. It goes well with Nala, though.

I agree, it does sound pretty but it almost sounds a bit too much like the boys' Adrian; on the other hand, it flows amazingly with Nala. Adrienne would be lovely, as well, I think.

#14 Kate

Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:10 PM

Adrienne would be lovely, as well, I think.

I think so too! Great suggestion :)

#15 babybear

babybear

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:19 PM

Ok so i dont like Adria that much,

Im falling for Ava but also like Ruby and kinda Vivian but sure my hub would say no to both, he just said Ruby Tuesdays when i mentioned that one, and hes not much on old names.

any more suggestions

#16 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:More than anything else in the world I love being with my family, which includes my amazing husband and our three gorgeous daughters. We are currently expecting number four, and are so excited! I am of course a mother first, but I am a writer second. I am a nut about names and etymology in general. I love reading; I’m a sucker for both the more modern fantasy books, like Harry Potter, and the also classics, like Shakespeare. Music is another thing that I could’ve live without, and I have to say my tastes definitely lean towards modern rock: Nickelback, Hinder, Papa Roach, and Theory of a Deadman are my very favorites. Not too big on television, but I couldn’t live without Lost. I also love cars (and driving them!), and I am the proud “mommy” of a Ford Mustang. I’m also pretty big on talking and I like to see myself as friendly, so I hope to see you around the boards!

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

What about Valerie or Valeria? They're both sort of similar to Vivian, but with a more "modern" flair about them -- I think so, anyway.

#17 Kate

Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:00 AM

Valerie Nala flows very well. Ava Nala is a bit too 'a' repetitive, what about Avalon Nala, Aveline (ay-ve-leen) Nala?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users