Just wanting to run some names by you all:

JAYA / JAVA

REVERIE CHANAH / REVERIE HANAH

SIENNA

ASTORIA

SOJOURNER

LANGSTON

Why they made the list:

Jaya - I just think it's sweet-sounding, and I like the meaning: Victory.

Java - After a great place in Indonesia, a place where I have many memories. Def. middle name due to coffee connections.

Reverie Chanah / Hanah - I have been loving Chanah lately. Prn like Haw-nuh. Chanah is my favorite spelling, but does it look ok?

Sienna - been loving this lately, too. I like the tomboy but strictly feminine feel it has.

Astoria - it sounds magical to me, and the nickname Story is fantastic.

Sojourner - I love the meaning and the S. Truth connection. Would love to see it as a middle name on boy or girl.

Langston - Langston Hughes connection obviously. His poem "Dreams" means a lot to me. And the name is great, too, imo. Thinking maybe Jonah Langston as a combo?

I'd love any opinions you have!

#2 HxppySxng

HxppySxng

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Planners, piercings, Witchcraft, Netflix, & baking.

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:38 PM

JAYA / JAVAI love Jaya, it's different but so beautiful. There will always be pronunciation issues with it as far as Jay-uh or Jie-uh, just because it's not too familiar. I say go for it though. I like Java as well, but I agree with keeping it as a middle. I love the personal connections you have with the name. Maybe Jaya Renee, Jaya Reverie, or Jaya Corinne. Rhiannon Java, Delaney Java, Nicole Java.

REVERIE CHANAH / REVERIE HANAHI adore Reverie, although it's not a name I'd personally use. I'm not sure if you meant that both Chanah and Hanah are pronounced the same, but the C is silent on the former or? If that's so, stick with with Hanah version because everyone will mispronounce it. But that'll probably happen with both because you'll get either Chan-uh/Chaw-nuh or Han-nuh. The combos are great though.

SIENNAI love Sienna, but I used to know a Cienna, and I've come to prefer that spelling. If you're honoring the city, Siena or Sienna is preferred. Cute name though. Sienna Hadley, Sienna Claire, Sienna Marisol.

ASTORIA: It's adorable. It's different and definitely feels whimsical. The nn Story is super cute. 10/10 on this one.

SOJOURNERI can't picture it on a little girl, but it'd make a handsome middle for a boy. It seems like it'd age well, also.

LANGSTONI have no idea who that is to be honest, but as a name, it seems very surname-y, but if it's your cup of tea, go for it.

• Addison likes this

#3 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:42 PM

JAYA / JAVA- I have a cousin named JayLa so I like the name Jaya too :) Java is beautiful and even more so because of your association with it. I am HUGE on using names that mean a lot to me. <3

REVERIE CHANAH / REVERIE HANAH- I to am confused on the pronunciation here, but the spelling probably doesn't matter too much as it is a mn. Reverie is sweet, but a little bold to use as a first name imo.

SIENNA- It is pretty as a first or middle. Very usable and versatile. Sienna Promise? Sienna Mae? Sienna Elise?

ASTORIA- very cute, I also am loving Story, and it works great as a nn. Lovely <3

SOJOURNER- Love it! I have Journey on my list for a girl and have considered Sojourner. Would be great on a boy or girl.

LANGSTON- I have not heard of the author either, but love to honor authors that have written inspiring works. Go for it!
  • Addison likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users