3 replies to this topic

#1 ReadeAlexandra

ReadeAlexandra

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:19 PM

Hey I'm Sadie and I have 8 kids with my husband, Adam. I was just wondering what your honest opinions were of my family's names.

Mercedes Merrick *Sadie* (Merrick is my mother's maiden name)
Adam Reed

Reade Alexandra (Reade is after Adam's middle name but we made it look more feminine with the ade spelling plus it has the same lettering as mom and dad in the ad... Alexandra is after my best friend)
Kendra Jean *Kenji* (Kendra just had a bit of a more modern feel than Rhonda, Adam's mother, and yet still in the same range and Jean is after my aunts Jan and Jenny my grandmothers Dean and Mary Jo, his mother Rhonda Jean, and his grandmother Jeanette)
Ross Gaetano (Adam loved Ross and Gaetano was supposed to be Adam's name before Rhonda had a say in the naming process)
Simone Savit *Simi* (We just like these two and btw Savit is pronounced suh VEE)
Orin Thomas *Ori* (Adam and I are both partly Irish so we got some of our heritage in Ori's name and Thomas is Adam's brother, Nathan's middle name)
Copeland Pierce (I just fell in love with Copeland and Pierce (Rhonda's maiden name) and I wanted to name a boy Pierce but Adam didn't like it so we settled with it as Copeland's middle name)
Kai Louis and Acadia Eden *Cadi* ( Kai means ocean and we live near the ocean and it means a lot to us and Louis is Adam's dad's name. Acadia is a place in Maine which is where we live and it has the ad spelling again like Reade Sadie and Adam and Eden is related to Adam through the bible and her initials are the same as my cousin's)

I know our taste is a little out there but as you can see the names have meaning to us. I would just like to know what you think of the names and what you would rename them using our style

#2 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,663 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, psychology, history, literature, anime, cosplay, and names.

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:47 PM

Okay, first let me say, that your naming style is very different than mine, and I am not trying to offend you in any way, shape, or form with what I say. I shall attepmpt to be both honest and nice! :)

Mercedes Merrick *Sadie*- Neither of these names are my style, and I probably wouldn't use them seperately, but I really like this combo. It has a great flow and the names just go together really well. And Sadie is a really cute name for Mercedes.

Adam Reed- Nice, I really like Adam. But I do have to say it sounds a bit plain compared with the rest of the names here!

Reade Alexandra- I don't really like Reade on a girl, but it's neat that you incorporated your husband's name. And I love Alexandra. I think Alexandra Reade flows better, but that's just my opinion.

Kendra Jean *Kenji*- Very cute!

Ross Gaetano- Ross is a very nice name. How do you pronounce Gaetano?

Simone Savit *Simi* -Simone is cute, and I like the sound of Savit. Very exotic. I wouldn't use either of them myself, but this is a nice combo.

Orin Thomas *Ori*- Like this one a lot! Thomas is one of my favorite names, and the names sound good together.

Copeland Pierce- Sounds very aristocractic and classy.

Kai Louis and Acadia Eden *Cadi*- I'm not crazy about Louis, but I really like Kai. And Acadia Eden is simply beautiful! I love the nn Cadi.

#3 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:24 PM

Okay, first let me say, that your naming style is very different than mine, and I am not trying to offend you in any way, shape, or form with what I say. I shall attempt to be both honest and nice! :)

Ditto what she said. We have very different styles, but I'll try to not be rude about it.

Mercedes Merrick *Sadie* - Not fond of Mercedes, Merrick, or Sadie, but I do think Sadie is a nice nickname for Mercedes, and I like that you have a connection to your mom.
Adam Reed - I really like the name Adam. Reed, not so much. I like the spelling Reid a bit better.

Reade Alexandra - I really, really don't care for Reade, especially on a girl. I do like Alexandra alright.
Kendra Jean *Kenji* - Love Kendra. Jean is nms, but again I like that it has meaning.
Ross Gaetano - I've never seen Gaetano before, and it looks more like a last name to me than anything. I'm not a fan of Ross.
Simone Savit *Simi* - Simione is so-so, Savit is nms.
Orin Thomas *Ori* - I don't really care for either name. Orin is nms, and Thomas seems a bit filler in the middle name spot.
Copeland Pierce - Both are nms.
Kai Louis and Acadia Eden *Cadi* - Kai is okay, Louis is nms. Acadia Eden is nice! I really like it, though I'd never use it. My favorite name on your list. Cadi is an awesome nickname.

#4 ReadeAlexandra

ReadeAlexandra

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:07 PM

Gaetano is an Italian first name that is pronounce guy TAH no

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users