6 replies to this topic

#1 Filly

Filly

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:44 AM

I love the name Tesla (not Tessa) but I've always put it in my guilty pleasure category. Is it that odd? I have no idea what I'd pair it with though for a mn. Any ideas?

#2 Jessica J

Jessica J

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:Worship, singing, writing songs, being with friends and loved ones, reading, and watching movies.

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:45 AM

Tesla Coraline is lovely :D

#3 ~Liz~

~Liz~

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:My top peeve is when people use offensive, sacrilegious names that are supposedly Native American but aren't, just to be cool. Please, ASK about the culture before you name your kid Dakota, Cheyenne, Nayeli, etc.

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:56 AM

Tesla is an odd name. In physics, a tesla is the unit used to measure the flux of magnetic fields (though I suppose you'd only know that if you took college level physics). I'm not a big fan of names that are units of measurement... it'd be like naming your kid Inch or Quart....

#4 Nessi

Nessi

Star Baby Namer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:I’m a little bit of a dork. I actually like hanging out with my family. I like to scrapbook and crochet. There’s nothing like a warm mug of coffee or tea on a really cold morning. I love to sing. Being with my friends makes me happy. I like genealogy. Knowing about the past helps me prepare for the future. I’m über curious. Music is my anti-drug. I can’t read music, so I memorized every piece of music I ever played in band. I can play the clarinet, flute, piano, tenor sax, and alto sax. I love taking pictures…I guess you could say that I’m a real shutterbug. I love the smell of gas, tire, and lumber. There is nothing better than those smells. Really. I’m a huge movie buff. I like funny movies, but romantic movies are my favorite. Typical girl, right? I’m a big sap when it comes to love: I believe everybody should get to feel the intensity of true love.

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:08 PM

Regardless of your knowledge of physics, Tesla is a lovely name for a girl.

#5 ~Liz~

~Liz~

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:My top peeve is when people use offensive, sacrilegious names that are supposedly Native American but aren't, just to be cool. Please, ASK about the culture before you name your kid Dakota, Cheyenne, Nayeli, etc.

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:56 PM

:D

#6 Momo Cicerone

Momo Cicerone

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:-Manga/Anime
    -Reality shows
    -Fanfiction (ages ago)
    -Books (Science fiction, Romance, Fantasy, Poetry, Adventure, Suspense, etc)
    -Shopping (shoes -watched too much Sex & the City)
    -Movies (and popcorn)
    -Surfing the internet
    -Video games (ages ago)
    -Dogs (Have an Alaskan Malamute named Zoe)
    -Karaoke (could stay all night long)
    -Drawing (ages ago, already lost my touch)

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:47 AM

it'd be like naming your kid Inch or Quart....

I'm sorry... I just can't stop laughing...

But even before reading this... I'm not a fan of Tesla.

#7 Filly

Filly

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:14 PM

Okay, has anyone heard of Nicolas Tesla? THAT is where the measurement comes from, and also where the name comes from. I'm glad you're so scientific. :D LoL Thanks for all the input. Tesla Coraline is pretty, but I don't want to name a kid after a movie character that was so recent. Cora I love, as well as Coralina, but as a first name, I think. Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users