Photo

I've got some baby names on the brain ;)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:43 PM

Okay, so I have a couple name things on my mind, and looking for answers!

First, I have a couple names I'd like opinions on!

Malachy/Malachai/Malachi- first off, which spelling looks best? And do you think it'd be weird to have a baby with the name "kai" (or at least the sound) at the end, being that's my ex bf's nick name? (and I was kinda completely in love with him... </3). It's not after him, but I still wonder if he might get the impression it is (if I have a baby with that name, of course).

Leonardo- a more recent name love, just want general opinions. Probably only use it as a middle name, being Liam's so close to it!

Michelangelo- I have an artists phase going on, don't I? :) But would it be odd to name your baby boy with this as a middle name? Probably to a shorter name, like Blake Michelangelo or something :D

Ronan- is this pronounced Row-nan or Ron-an? I kinda think Row-nan would be cute, but if it's pronounced the other way than never mind :)

Carys- I couldn't find any pronunciations for this, and I don't get how it's pronounced! D:

Secondly, Ryan Chase is gunna celebrate her birthday a bit early, being the fam's gunna be busy and whatnot. And I got to help RJ (actually, do for RJ :) ) the invites! And generally figured I might was well share them with the BNG-ers! (you don't necessarily have to respond to this, lol! It just always makes me smile to look at today's names)

Ryan Chase's birthday friends: Timothy (nn Moth- from before), Chandler, Ethan, Mikie, Annabel, Annabella, Chrissie and Gloria ;) (that's gunna be one full house of four year olds! Rye was so sad she couldn't invite the entire kindegarden class plus her soccer friends! :unsure: ) I haven't met any Gloria's younger than like, sixty lol, so I found it funny that Ryan Chase just so happened to know one!

~Haddie

#2 Auntie Megan

Auntie Megan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:37 AM

You're not taking up the board at all. Frankly, it's nice to see a familiar name here! Plus, have you seen how many topics I've made lately? :unsure:

If you're aiming for the 'Kai' pronounciation at the end, spell it Malachai, Malacai or Malakai. Malachy and Malachi look like they should be prononced with the sound 'key' at the end. I don't think people would come to that conclusion at all. Kyle and Malachai are two completely different names.

Leonardo Di Caprio = YUM! Da Vinci, not so much. :D I prefer just Leo on it's own for a first name, but as a middle name Leonardo could be nice with a short first name.

I don't think Michelangelo would be odd, but it's NMS.

There's a famous singer here called Ronan Keating. The beginning is row, as in 'row, row, row, your boat'. Then it's kinda like 'noon' very fast. Just YouTube Ronan Keating interview to here the pronounciation.

Carys is pronounced like Harris (the surname) with a c.

Do my pronounciation guides help?

Ryan Chase's birthday friends:
I like all of their names ;)

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:38 AM

Hehehe, I do love going onto the boards and seeing familiar faces ;) I mean, of course it's always fun to make new friends, buuuut.... <3

Okay :) I just figured it might be associated because we call Kyle by "Kai" (: I never got how Malachi and Malachy would be pronounced, being they didn't have anything to have a Kai sound, but I always thought it was the same name lol!

:unsure: hehehe, De Caprio... I do love Leo as a first name, but I love Liam too, so they kinda don't work together :D

Not sure why I like Michelangelo, I just heard it recently and thought it sounded nice! :P

Okay! As long as it doesn't start with the Ron (rhyming with lawn). Hehe, row row row your boat! :D

Oh, okay! I kinda like it :) I've heard someone say Cah-reese, and some weird stuff :)

They do! And associated with songs I know well ;)

I thought they were all pleasant :D

~Haddie

#4 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:13 AM

Malachy/Malachai/Malachi- I like Malachi, it is the easiest to understand/pronounce. I don't think it would be weird.

Leonardo- Really like it, but I think it's a bit much. I would only dare use Leon. I'm much more conservative with boy names.

Michelangelo- Not a fan. Too person-specific.

Ronan- I've always pronounced it Row-nin. I kind of like it, though I think I'd only use it as a middle name. Look here.

Carys-
Try here and here. Obviously, I love Carys.

I like Chandler and Ethan from her party.

#5 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:44 AM

Since all of your pron. questions are already answered I'll just say that i prefer the spelling Malachi.

Leonardo is a bit similar to Liam as a first name especially if you like nn Leo.

And Michelangelo will probably always be connected to the artist. But if you are okay with that the name is nice and it might not be too weird as a middle.

#6 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:10 PM

Malachy/Malachai/Malachi- I know someone called Malachai <--- I think he spells it like that. No matter the spelling, I always pronounce it with 'kai' at the end.

Leonardo- As stated above, I prefer Leo, but yes, it is very close to Liam.

Michelangelo- I have recently sort of become a fan of just Angelo :unsure:

Ronan- Seeing as I LOVE Ronan Keating, I say yes! Because whenever I hear that name, all i think of is Ronan Keating.

Carys- Hmmm I was never sure on the pronunciation of this either. I always said it as Cah-reese :S

Ryan Chase's birthday friends: I like Chandler, Ethan and Annbel

#7 Auntie Megan

Auntie Megan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:10 AM

I love making new friends, but I dunno - there was suddently an abundance of new members and I just haven't had a chance to get to know many of them.

I honestly don't think the Kyle thing is a problem. Well in HollyOaks (a soap opera here) there's an Irish character called Malachy with the 'key' sound at the end. I'm not even sure if it's a real name or just an epic fail. :)

Yeah, I love Leo and Liam, the only deciding factor for me would be popularity. Liam is more popular here so I'd probably go with Leo.

Ron and lawn don't rhyme here! But yes, what an amazing song! :D

Sorry for the short reply, but I didn't think I could add much else without rambling :P

#8 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:18 AM

Aww, I didn't know Ronan meant little seal! That's soooo cute! And lol, seals are my favorite animal :D

I always liked how Malachy looked, but I also liked that Malachai had the "chai" at the end to show it was really pronounced as such at the end :B

Carys is a sweet name, I kinda like it!

Mmm, tis hard to get to know all the new members at once! XD

Hehehe, t'would be extremely amusing for the TV to get it wrong! :P

:) it doesn't? I always said Ron like Rawn XD Maybe that's just a weird american thing!

Hehe, well, it had more than one word to it! So it's definitely not a short reply, lol! It always amuses me when people do that- leave a one word reply :P Not exactly sure why, but it makes me giggle <3

#9 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:14 PM

Giggle :)

#10 Auntie Megan

Auntie Megan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:45 PM

Awwh, that's cute! Seals are cute!

Have you seen any of the Harry Potter films? Or do they have American accents dubbed over them?

Haha, like 'okay' or something can get annoying though tbh. :)

#11 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:10 AM

Giggle :D

Lol, Katie! :)

Hehe, that they are! :P I have a new stuffed one... I love it! XD

I'm not allowed to watch Harry Potter- my mum has big issue's with it! Apparently I'm gunna want to be a witch or something.. :0 But I wouldn't be surprised if they did! XP

Hehehe, okay does get annoying sometimes :P

~Haddie

#12 Auntie Megan

Auntie Megan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:08 PM

I'm not allowed to watch Harry Potter- my mum has big issue's with it! Apparently I'm gunna want to be a witch or something.. :0 But I wouldn't be surprised if they did! XP

My mum used to be the same but I eventually persuaded her. You could always watch them with a friend - but yeah anyway, you'd hear how Ron is pronounced unless it was dubbed.

#13 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:44 PM

They arent dubbed. But not sure I remember Ron being pron. different .... hmmm. Might have to watch that tonight.

#14 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:44 AM

Hmm, lol I just looked it up on Baby Name Wizard and they said it was pronounced "RAHN"

~Haddie

#15 Auntie Megan

Auntie Megan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:33 PM

it's pronounced plain Ron here :)

#16 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:35 PM

Lololol, I'm confused on whether Ron is pronounced like! Rahn, Rawn, Rooon? :)

#17 Auntie Megan

Auntie Megan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:47 PM

Lololol, I'm confused on whether Ron is pronounced like! Rahn, Rawn, Rooon? :)

YouTube Harry Potter :L

#18 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,161 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

OHDEAR. Ron is prn R-O-N. :) :L <3

#19 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:39 AM

RAHN, RAWN and RON are all the SAME!!!!

Though I have heard it pron. more similar to RUN...

#20 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:56 AM

RAHN, RAWN and RON are all the SAME!!!!

Though I have heard it pron. more similar to RUN...

:) That's what I thought! Hehe, it kinda sounds funny when it's like RUN!

Wow, such a confusing name Ron is! :D

~Haddie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users