• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Acting, Dancing, Writing, Names, Event Planning, Hiking, Fitness, Cooking, Baking, and Exploring new things!

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:43 PM

I have been planning my children's names for as long as I can remember. I have talked to my mom and dad about using family names and I have come up with 5 names for each gender that I love and are from my family history to possibly use for my children in the future. I just wanted to share and get some feedback.

Here they are

Girls:

Katharine Grace

Elena Michelle

Madaline Jane

Esme Carolyn

Tia Margaret

Boys:

Harper Allen

Jason Elliot

William Chase

Luca Alexander

Rhydian Asher

I'd love to hear what you think of any of the names. I understand that there may be some that don't quite fit with the others. Obviously I probably won't have the chance to use all of these names. And my husband will have to like them as well.

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:01 AM

Just wanted to say that I absolutely adore Harper Allen!  :wub:  I like a lot of your other combos, too, but Harper Allen is my favorite by far!

#3 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Acting, Dancing, Writing, Names, Event Planning, Hiking, Fitness, Cooking, Baking, and Exploring new things!

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:46 AM

Thank you! I've always loved Harper on a boy and Allen was my grandfathers name!

#4 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:13 PM

Girls:

Katharine Grace - I prefer the spelling Katherine, and though both names are sort of common classics I do think this is a pretty combo.

Elena Michelle - I really like Elena, and it goes nicely with Michelle.

Madaline Jane - I prefer Madeleine. Jane is a simple, pretty classic, but I think the N's at the end clash a little.

Esme Carolyn - Not a big fan of either name, but that's just me.

Tia Margaret - Tia is pretty but it kind of sounds like a nickname to me. It goes nicely with Margaret though.

Boys:

Harper Allen - I love Harper on a boy, and the masculine Allen goes nicely with it.

Jason Elliot - I absolutely adore this combo! Super handsome!

William Chase - Another perfect combo. Love both names and they flow wonderfully together.  I love the nickname Will for William, but you could also call him Liam if you wanted.

Luca Alexander - I think Lucas Alexander would have a better flow. There's a bit of a hiccup in this combo since Luca ends with A and Alexander begins with it.

Rhydian Asher - It's a bit too trendy for me, but I've never heard of Rhydian and it's interesting. How do you pronounce it? In my mind I'm pronouncing it like Gideon with an R.

#5 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 536 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for the feedback Jenna! You are right on your pronunciation of Rhydian (Rih-dee-an), the name is Welsh and has a couple different meanings some sites and books say it means red or crimson, others say it means King(this is the meaning I like for it), and the other meaning is "of the ford", a safe place to cross a riverII like this meaning too!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users