Siblings with same letter names

baby names siblings same letter

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

I currently have one child whose name begins with C. I've been looking for names for my second on the way, and I'm unintentionally liking all C names. So....

How do you feel about giving all your children names that begin with the same letter? Is it ok when there's 2 or 3 kids, but ridiculous if there's more than that? If you give the first 2 children same letter names, do you sort of have to do the same with the 3rd child? Need some advice! Thanks!

#2 ElizabethRuth

ElizabethRuth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

I think same letter names are cute. With the first two kids having the same letter I definitely don`t think the third needs to follow. Maybe once you get to three kids with the same letter then the fourth should follow but there are no rules. My cousins are Roy, Robyn, Ryan..and Lauren, so they kinda had a theme and then broke away from it and none of the kids really care about it.

#3 Katsj40

Katsj40

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

I think its fine. I know two siblimgs whose names are caroline and chad to it is totally fine to do the same initial thing!
Some sugestions
Christa
Caitlyn
Cora
Carys
Callie

Cameron
Christian
Chad
Chance
Chase
Chandler

#4 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

I know some siblings whose names specifically follow that theme.

I would personally feel that once I had two children whose names begin with the same initial (Unless they were twins), that the third child would feel left out if they had a very different name.

I tend to like similarly styled names, so either way, I'd feel like my children would feel some kind of bond between them due to that.

I think, like the Duggars, that having an insane amout of children is ridiculous, anyhow!

But giving them all the same first initial is bound to be difficult. I don't know if I even like 20 names beginning with the same letter!

That seems to be the problem with limiting yourself to a very obvious theme.

#5 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

I personally think you should choose names you like, don't just choose for a theme. If they coincidentally end up with the same letter, then that's okay, but if you choose only to match then you may end up hating the name.

If you lke other C names, then go for it, though!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: baby names, siblings, same letter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users