My Favorite names

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: My Favorite names (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick one name that you like best. Then in a comment, say why you like it best. More suggestions please!

1. Aurora "Rory" (5 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

2. Arabella "Bella" (4 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. Adalyn "Addie" (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

4. Sophia "Sophie" (I like it's girlyness but don't love it.) (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

5. I can't think of any more names that I love. More suggestions please. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Guest_Madison Jobst_*

Guest_Madison Jobst_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

I can't think of any more names that I love. Please choose your favorite and comment why you like it.

#2 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

I chose Adalyn. I think Sophia is really nice, but Adalyn is more unique. It's not exactly my style, but it's pretty and it's growing on me too! Addie is a really cute nickname.

#3 jckgirl

jckgirl

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Names!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

I like Aurora NN Rory because you suggested it for my character and I used it! Thanks! I also like Sophie.

#4 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

I like Arabella because Sophia/Sophie is wayy too popular where I live. Adalyn isn't really my style. The only thing I really dislike about Arabella is the nn Bella because it's a very common nickname and with a name as unique as Arabella I personally dislike such a common place nickname. Although nicknames really depend on the child and the parents.
No offense meant. That's all just my opinion.

#5 Guest_Madison Jobst_*

Guest_Madison Jobst_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

@ jckgirl: Thanks for using the name I suggested. I thought the nickname Rory sounded rebellious.
@ The Future Mrs B: I respect everyone's opinion.

#6 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

Sorry if this ends up as one long ramble, my brain isn't cooperating!

Aurora nn Rory
I love the nickname Rory, but my favourite "full name" for it is actually Lorelei! Aurora is lovely too, but it's more of a GP for me.
Also, I love Rory on it's own for a little boy.
If you like Aurora, what about Aria, Audrey, Audrina, Aurelia or Oryan?

Arabella nn Bella
Love Arabella, but personally prefer Arabelle. Bella is a little overused but nice enough.
I had Violet Arabelle on my list and thought of using Ari or Abby as a nickname for it.
If you like Arabella, what about Ariana, Annabella, Rosabel, Isabella, Mirabel, Gabriella or Christabel?

Adalyn nn Addie
So... I'm a huge fan of Adalyn. I do prefer the spelling Adeline, but that's me.
Addie is one of my favourite nicknames, I think the first time I heard it was on Addison Montgomery-Forbes in "Grey's Anatomy".
She made me fall in love with it! Then again, I'm a fan of nicknames like Annie, Abby and Allie. Addie has a bit more edge than the previous.
If you like Adalyn, what about Addison, Adele, Adrienne, Adelaide, Adela, Adriana, Adina or Madison?

Sophia nn Sophie
I love Sophia, but not liking the nickname Sophie for it. To me, Sophie is a name in it's own right and just doesn't work as a nickname for Sophia.
Kind of like using Emma for Emily or Laura for Lauren.
I've thought of maybe Fifi or Fia for Sophia, but there haven't been any nicknames I've really taken a liking to for it.
Though, I'm beginning to like the idea of "Zoe" for Sophia, but it's still a bit of a stretch for me, for the same reason as Sophie.
If you like Sophia, what about Sienna, Serena, Summer, Selena, Sarah, Stephanie, Selene, Phoebe or Ophelia?

You have some great names on your list. <_<

They all seem to have this "princess-y", girly and cute feel to them.
Would you like some more ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users