• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kiyeranne

Kiyeranne

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Thesauruses, the rain. Making up new words. The word phantasmagorical. Rose petals. The sound of a baby laughing. When someone smiles at you and the whole world stops for a second. Talking to Jelly Bean. Life in general. Nutella. Chocolate. Galaxy chocolate to be specific. Due date August 2nd, 2014

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

If Jelly Bean is a baby girl, I want to call her Clementine Azalea Thorne (Thorne is the surname) but I need some other opinions? Do you like
Clementine Azalea Thorne?
Nicknames would be Emmy/Emma, Tina, Cleo, or Mena.
-Kiyeranne

#2 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

Clementine Azalea is so spunky! I like it. But, Clementine and your surname clash. I love the nickname Emmy, but I prefer it to be spelled Emme. Emme is pronounced the same as Emmy.

#3 CLA

CLA

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

I like it. I think Clem would be a cute nickname as well. Are you fine with her initials spelling cat?

#4 Kiyeranne

Kiyeranne

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Thesauruses, the rain. Making up new words. The word phantasmagorical. Rose petals. The sound of a baby laughing. When someone smiles at you and the whole world stops for a second. Talking to Jelly Bean. Life in general. Nutella. Chocolate. Galaxy chocolate to be specific. Due date August 2nd, 2014

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

@Madi<3 do they? I didn't know? Emme or Emmë is cute too x
@CLA I love Clem or Clemmy! Cat is good. If they spelled pig or something I'd be worried xx

#5 Bunko0

Bunko0

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

I dunno, it's a bit long and "wordy."

#6 Kiyeranne

Kiyeranne

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

What do you mean, wordy?

#7 Sunny Mummy! :)

Sunny Mummy! :)

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my beloved family, singing, dancing, writing (I have more than 10 novels on the go but never get the mind space time to finish any of them!), art, reading, spending quality time with Loved Ones, cooking (especially baking when I get the time), being outdoors in Nature enjoying God's GLORIOUS Creation (Bush walking, gardening etc), and... BABY NAMES have ALWAYS been an obsession for me!! :D

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

LOVE it!! :D And I ADORE Emmy or Mina as nicknames too!! :)

#8 Aym

Aym

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

I love the name Clementine but do not like the nicknames Clem or Clemmie or Tina, which originally pulled me away from the name. I had never thought of the other nicknames you discovered in the name! 

I'm not a nickname person, but given that Clementine is a longer name it's likely there will be nicknames. The other problem this name presented for me were middle names! The -tine ending and length made it difficult for me because the middle names I want either clash or stretch the name into too much of a mouthful. 

Clementine Azalea is a bit of a mouthful. It does help that your last name is short though. What about opting for a shorter version of Azalea?

Clementine Aza?

Or sweet and short middle names such as: 

May

Rose

Belle

Adele

#9 Kiyeranne

Kiyeranne

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

Thank you :)
Personally, I've always preferred Emma/Emmy or Mina as nicknames for Clementine
Thank you for the suggestions! X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users