• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

I've played around with Jiminy as a pet name but I started thinking about maybe using it as a middle name. My dad loves Jiminy Cricket and I was thinking it might be a way to honor him since I'm not in love with his actual name.
So what do you think, pet name or a viable middle name?

#2 Jay.

Jay.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

I would NOT encourage using Jiminy as a middle name. It sounds incredibly little boyish to me, yeah, I can see it for a pet, most definitely! Though Jiminy will ALWAYS be associated with Jiminy Cricket...

#3 ßlush

ßlush

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Paying off student loans & over-priced coffee.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

Jiminy reminds me of this game I used to play when I was little. I won't get into that here, but that's my association with the name. As the pp said, it also reminds me very strongly of Jiminy Cricket. Those are the only things I think of when I hear the name.
It's certainly not the worst I've heard, but I know for myself personally, I wouldn't want my middle name to be Jiminy. It sort of has the same flavor as Jethro, Butch, etc. Not sure if that's the flavor you want or not. Nothing wrong with those names ofc, unless that's not your style.

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

I'm not really a fan of it on a person. I'd rather maybe be named James with nick name Jiminy? That'd be super cute!! Jim is a regular nick name for James, so Jiminy isn't horribly far off! :) Its a pretty cute way to honor your dad as well, I like the idea. Especially if you aren't a huge fan of his name. Though, I'm not sure how well it'll work as a middle name as James wouldn't have a nick name in the middle lol. But idk, its an idea I suppose!

Using Jiminy on its own would be better on a pet, I think <3

#5 ßlush

ßlush

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Paying off student loans & over-priced coffee.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

@Remy Hadley: Using Jiminy as a nickname for James would work well - that's a cute idea.(:

#6 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

on a side note one of the gym girls a taught was Givini (ji-vah-nee), nn Jivi. Im not sure where her parents came from but it suited her.

#7 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

Thanks guys. I really like the idea of using it as a nickname for James when he's small. I wouldn't have thought of that at all.
And I know Martin like James as a first name better than as a middle. He liked James Eric for a long time.

#8 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

Aw that could work so well then! <3 James Eric nick name Jiminy :) cute! So both you and Martin would get something you like. Glad to help! ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users