12 replies to this topic

#1 cati1012

cati1012

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

The name Timber has now come up for our furture son. I really really really need as many HONEST opinions on this name that I can get. I won't say if it is my name choice or not but REALLY NEED HONEST OPINIONS!!! Oh and last name is Wolfe so

Timber Wayne Wolfe would be the name.

Thanks

#2 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

Since your surname is Wolfe I wouldn't use Timber. To me the name makes me think of a brown wolf, and in my opinion the combination is too wordy. I think Wayne Wolf is very nice, but I wouldn't use Timber.

• cati1012 likes this

#3 MissJay

MissJay

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:05 PM

Overall I like the name Timber, however I do agree that it sounds a little wordy with your last name and sounds like a mascot (Timberwolves).

If you're looking for some suggestions, here are some that are kind of similar to Timber, but I think sound a little better with your last name:

Thayer

Thatcher

Taylor

Turner

Teran

Tyson

Teague 

Truett 

Lucan

Spencer

Tucker

Fletcher

Archer

Pryor

Sutton

Hope this helps! :)

#4 Sunny Mummy! :)

Sunny Mummy! :)

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my beloved family, singing, dancing, writing (I have more than 10 novels on the go but never get the mind space time to finish any of them!), art, reading, spending quality time with Loved Ones, cooking (especially baking when I get the time), being outdoors in Nature enjoying God's GLORIOUS Creation (Bush walking, gardening etc), and... BABY NAMES have ALWAYS been an obsession for me!! :D

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

Timber is actually a really funky (in a good way) name but not when paired with Wolfe, sorry. If tree or nature themes are important to one or both of you then maybe

Cedar
Ash
Aspen
Colton (might get away with this one or does it sound too much like Colt and Wolf?)

Other great names with that feel are

Arlo
Felix
Arden
Ardal
Tiernan

I'll be back if I think of more! :)

#5 CLA

CLA

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:35 PM

Timber could be a cool name. But Timber Wolfe would be a joke.

#6 neverland

neverland

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:28 AM

Okay here goes...

I think the general consensus is that Timber is a cool name.  The problem everyone has is with Timber Wolfe which is an obvious word play.  I think it really depends on the personality of the child.  I know someone named Doug Douglas and the poor man HATES it.  He has zero sense of humor, though.  If I were in sales... I might appreciate a word-play type name because it would be eazy to recognize and remember.  In his personal life he could use Tim if he hated Timber.   In his professional life he could always go by T. Wayne Wolfe if it really bothered him.  Have you considered Timberland?  Timberland W. Wolfe is more name-y and looks really good in print.

I like the name a lot, and personally the word play doesn't bother me.  That and the fact that in this case you have some nickname options... I can HONESTLY say go for it.  It has a coolness factor because it is so unique.  But if you decide to use it... stand firm!  Lot's of people are going to think it's too out there.

Have you decided?

#7 cati1012

cati1012

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:27 AM

My husband is the one that is big on Timber Wolfe... LOL I like the name Timber but I feel like most of the other people and believe that people will always tease him or make fun of his name. We have struggled so much trying to agree on a name. This has been a 2 month (almost every day) discussion and some days fight. UGH... Just want my baby boy to have a name.

Sunny Mommy.... I do like the name Colton but his son is named Cole and those are too close for my liking. I like a lot of names but none that he likes... We just haven't heard that name that we both like, yet!

Any help is always welcomed!!

Thanks

Cati

#8 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:52 AM

Timber Wolfe sounds like a North West or a Tu Morrow celebrity baby name move. Not a fan. Sorry! Timber has potential, though!

#9 cati1012

cati1012

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

Timber Wolfe sounds like a North West or a Tu Morrow celebrity baby name move. Not a fan. Sorry! Timber has potential, though!

No worries you aren't offending me. I am trying to show him that it isn't just me that thinks the name Timber is silly with the last name Wolfe.

#10 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

What about Timothy Wolfe? It's similar, but feels more sturdy and less like a celebrity baby name than Timber Wolfe. Timothy Wayne Wolfe is very handsome in my opinion.

#11 Kaysee712

Kaysee712

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

While Timber is a great name it just doesn't work with your last name.

I have the same problem with the name Foster, I love it but my husbands last name is Childers.

#12 neverland

neverland

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

What does he like about Timber?  Is it the R sound at the end?  The nature connection?  Does he love the outdoors?  Maybe put it in the middle if he really loves it.  Maybe a hyphenated surname using your maiden name?

#13 jacandnoa

jacandnoa

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:13 AM

Timber does not work with your last name. I would NOT name your son that. 

Other suggestions:

Tucker

Tanner

Conner

Timothy 

Justin

Brady

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users