7 replies to this topic

#1 amandagayle151

amandagayle151

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:52 PM

What do you think about Lucy and Barbara as sisters?
I know lots of people think Barbara is really outdated and 'old ladyish', but I quite like it.
I was thinking of the combo Lucy Alexis, and possibly Barbara Celeste... though Barbara Rose is also a combo that had come to mind. Can you think of any other middle names for Barbara?

*Note: Barbara would likely be nicknamed Bebe (prn bay-bay, like the French word for 'baby').

#2 meg

meg

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:18 PM

I personally really don't like Barbara, I think its very out dated. I also don't like Bebe. Lucy alexis is sweet. What about Bianca Celeste?

#3 destiny

destiny

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:36 AM

Barbara Kaye is one of my fav combos.
Prefer Barbie or Barba to Bebe,

Barbara Joelle
Barbara Nicole
Barbara Jane

#4 Danielle_Monique

Danielle_Monique

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:53 PM

Lucy Alexis is great.

Barbara Joann
Barbara Madeline
Barbara Rachel

#5 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:18 AM

These are both amazing names, though I prefer Lucy as a nn for Lucille. Both of these names have an amazing flow and are so gorgeous. I do find Barbara a little dated but it doesn't really bother me, it is still such a great name and I think fits well with Lucy.

#6 Diana

Diana

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:LOVE - my family, friends, house, cooking, golfing, being irish, music is so fun, though never have been blessed with anything close to talent. parties, especially pool parties rock! names OF course and nicknames on my children are always enjoyable since there are so many!, having red hair, shopping, tennis, beach.<br />HATE - that my eyesight is getting worse, navigating my way through cities, thinking about ever leaving my town, when people butchered my maiden name(it was straightforward), sticky things, ridiculous prices at our movie theatres, driving(though it's inevitable that i do drive).

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:24 AM

LUcy Alexis is a great name. I like Lucille too as Smile suggested but Lucille Alexis is too hard to say with all the l's. My daughters name is Barbara and obviously i love it. I also think Celeste is a realllly beautiful name and it pairs nicely with Barbara. When I first told some of my family members Barbara's name, they weren't really thrilled because they thought it was dated. She hasn't gotten teasing in school much though she has been called Barbie though not often. Only one time, her friend said Barbara was her grandma's name, but it that was jsut one instance, and she's 9.

#7 ~Liz~

~Liz~

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:My top peeve is when people use offensive, sacrilegious names that are supposedly Native American but aren't, just to be cool. Please, ASK about the culture before you name your kid Dakota, Cheyenne, Nayeli, etc.

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:56 PM

If you were going to do a sister set, I'd recommend it being Lucille and Barbara, and having their nicknames be Bebe and Lucy. Barbara like you said is old fashioned, while Lucy all by itself is very youthful. But Lucille and Barbara would make a very nice, matching pair. And I think hip, modern middles like Celeste and Alexis are perfect :)

Also I love Barbara because it was my mother's name!

#8 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:-Watching movies<br />-Reading (specially poetry)<br />-Writing<br />-Playing with my daughter<br />-Travelling<br />-Learning different languages

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:52 PM

Barbara and Lucy don't really match,but if you like it that badly I suggest you use Emily as a middle name

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users