19 replies to this topic

#1 JENN2688

JENN2688

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:21 PM

So, I thought you all might like this survey about your baby naming style.

I thought we could all take it and then post the results here when we finish and talk about whether we agree or disagree about the outcome!

Enjoy!

Baby Name Style

#2 JENN2688

JENN2688

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:24 PM

This is what my results were:

You answered 6 items out of 10 Yes.

Your score is 60%.
The Egalitarian Namer.
You could go either way. The name that strikes your fancy will be hand picked for your baby, without real regard to the fashion trends for names or tradition.

This fits me very much, as I do tend to lean toward a name that just strikes my fancy!
I wouldn't care about the fashion trend, if I like the name, who cares!
I am pretty much in the middle, as it says!

#3 TessB

TessB

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:10 PM

You answered 7 items out of 10 Yes.

Your score is 70%. The Trendy Namer. A trendy name might be a popular name or a new variation on an old name. Names that might also fill out this category would be names of current media stars and political personalities. Examples of these names would be: Calista, Jada, Leonardo, Ewan. These unusual names are often harder to pronounce or spell.

I guess it's kinda true. I like trendy names, but I also like other names, like traditional names too. Really anything lol. Depends on the gender XP

#4 katie.

katie.

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • Interests:Reading, watching movies, swimming

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:28 PM

You answered 3 items out of 10 Yes.

Your score is 30%. The Egalitarian Namer. You could go either way. The name that strikes your fancy will be hand picked for your baby, without real regard to the fashion trends for names or tradition.

I think that is right, as I know I like names that others think are horrible e.g. Agatha.

#5 Guest_Zayda_*

Guest_Zayda_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:03 PM

Your score is 30%. The Egalitarian Namer. You could go either way. The name that strikes your fancy will be hand picked for your baby, without real regard to the fashion trends for names or tradition.

Huh. Never really thought about it!

#6 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:07 PM

My results seem right to me---I love some unique names and some traditional names...

#7 Anna.

Anna.

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:33 PM

I agree with this for the most part.

#8 B.Elle.

B.Elle.

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Names, Photography, History, Deja Vu (I experience it frequently &gt;.&lt;), and Quantum Physics. <br /><br />Current projects: Writing a story within a story it's quite the joy at the moment! xD

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:43 PM

My results are:

You answered 4 items out of 10 Yes.

Your score is 40%. The Egalitarian Namer. You could go either way. The name that strikes your fancy will be hand picked for your baby, without real regard to the fashion trends for names or tradition.

#9 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:24 AM

Yes, I guess it fits me. I don't care of following a trend or popularity, I choose each name individually for various reasons!

#10 Jessica J

Jessica J

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:Worship, singing, writing songs, being with friends and loved ones, reading, and watching movies.

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:46 AM

This is me :P

You answered 2 items out of 10 Yes.

Your score is 20%. The Traditional Namer. Names in this category tend to be names that you know and hear often, but are not necessarily popular names. Examples would be: Jennifer, Jessica, Michael, Benjamin. These names are usually hard to mispronounce or misspell.

#11 Jessica J

Jessica J

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:Worship, singing, writing songs, being with friends and loved ones, reading, and watching movies.

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:52 AM

I guess this is kinda true but I dont like Jennifer and I love names like Symphony, Siloama, Emerald, Diamond, and the meaning of the name is more important than anything. My son's name is really popular now and I really hate that. One of my favorite names is Isabella but I won't use it because it is popular. I love names like Benjamin, Alexander,Noah, Vivienne, Aurora, Audrey, Emmeline, and Ava...classic and timeless.

#12 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:54 PM

You answered 9 items out of 10 Yes.

Your score is 90%. The Trendy Namer. A trendy name might be a popular name or a new variation on an old name. Names that might also fill out this category would be names of current media stars and political personalities. Examples of these names would be: Calista, Jada, Leonardo, Ewan. These unusual names are often harder to pronounce or spell.

I coulda told you that! I totally believe it :)

#13 Alexis!

Alexis!

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,614 posts
  • Interests:Bones
    Mysteries
    Baking
    Photography
    Science
    Writing
    Reading

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:15 PM

You answered 2 items out of 10 Yes.

Your score is 20%. The Traditional Namer. Names in this category tend to be names that you know and hear often, but are not necessarily popular names. Examples would be: Jennifer, Jessica, Michael, Benjamin. These names are usually hard to mispronounce or misspell.

Yeah I can see that!

#14 HollyRae

HollyRae

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:50 PM

Your score is 70%. The Trendy Namer. A trendy name might be a popular name or a new variation on an old name. Names that might also fill out this category would be names of current media stars and political personalities. Examples of these names would be: Calista, Jada, Leonardo, Ewan. These unusual names are often harder to pronounce or spell.

#15 Amanda Lynn

Amanda Lynn

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,146 posts
  • Interests:writing, reading, playing name games.

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:26 PM

#16 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:30 PM

You answered 4 items out of 10 Yes.

Your score is 40%. The Egalitarian Namer. You could go either way. The name that strikes your fancy will be hand picked for your baby, without real regard to the fashion trends for names or tradition.

I guess this is me...I like some traditional names but names that aren't common and many might see as out of date. But I'm not a fan of trendy names either so of the three possible styles this one would fit me best. But I think their are many more different styles than just trendy, egalitarian and traditional.

#17 CharSus

CharSus

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:49 PM

This was my result of the survey
You answered 7 items out of 10 Yes.

So true![/b]

#18 -SassyCassie-

-SassyCassie-

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 633 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:07 PM

you answered 6 items out of 10

your score is 60%, the egalitarian namer, you could go either way, the name that stirkes your fancy will be hand picked for your baby, without real regard to the fashion trends for names or traditions

i had this up above which i oddly think is totally tru about me!

#19 Momo Cicerone

Momo Cicerone

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:-Manga/Anime
    -Reality shows
    -Fanfiction (ages ago)
    -Books (Science fiction, Romance, Fantasy, Poetry, Adventure, Suspense, etc)
    -Shopping (shoes -watched too much Sex & the City)
    -Movies (and popcorn)
    -Surfing the internet
    -Video games (ages ago)
    -Dogs (Have an Alaskan Malamute named Zoe)
    -Karaoke (could stay all night long)
    -Drawing (ages ago, already lost my touch)

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:55 PM

You know me, so this is totally true.

#20 Guest_~*Jacey*~_*

Guest_~*Jacey*~_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:30 PM

Your score is 50%. The Egalitarian Namer. You could go either way. The name that strikes your fancy will be hand picked for your baby, without real regard to the fashion trends for names or tradition.

Yeah that seems about right :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users