16 replies to this topic

#1 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:01 PM

Are there any names that have neat stories attached to them? or are there any neat little connections you have with certain names? how did some names come to be? i am curious to hear any little things.

one story i have, is more just a confusion about a name, something i can't seem to figure out... one girl i met the other day at the local high school was registered as her name being chrisline, however, she went by tyla. i was so confused and tried asking her if tyla was her middle name or about how she went by tyla, but she isn't really fluent in english and began to talk about the wrong subject. i thought it was so different, so if it's not a middle name, i'm curious to see how such a name so different than chrisline came up.

#2 Alexis!

Alexis!

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,614 posts
  • Interests:Bones
    Mysteries
    Baking
    Photography
    Science
    Writing
    Reading

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:46 AM

My aunt Cindy was suppose to have a girl in her first pregnancy. The doctor told her to have a boys name too, just in case, but she was set on the girl. She was gonna name her Vivianna Liann after her mom. Then, she goes into labor and out comes a baby boy. She named him Justin Casey. I always found that funny, but feel sorry for JC that he has to walk around with that name.

#3 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:I love reading...Romance and fantasy novels mostly, though I do get into some other genres every now and then. I also LOVE music...Mainly older music, but some newer stuff, also. I LOVE the Beatles! They are the greatest! lol. I also love to just drive around in my car...And shopping! When Ihave money, I LOVE to shop!

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:40 PM

My friend Hope has always been obsessed with unisex names, like using a "boy" name for her daughter and a "girl" name for her son. Well, her first son's name was Kelly and she got remarried to another guy and got pregnant with what the doctor's told her was a girl. She decided on the name Blake Regina and her husband loved it...For a boy, but he decided since she was giving birth to the baby that she should get to pick out the name. So, she gave birth and she ended up having another boy. Her husband was happy because he thought they would get to use the name Blake on a boy, but Hope decided to change her mind and name him Brook. They argued about it but eventually they settled on the name Blake Riley.

#4 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:03 PM

i knewa kid once whos first name was justin and last name was case. he was teased so much! so sad. haha it's funny, i ususally don't like unisex names and boys names on girls, but even though kelly and brook are boys names too, i prefer them on girls!! at least they settled on names they liked though. did the kids get teased at all?

#5 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:I love reading...Romance and fantasy novels mostly, though I do get into some other genres every now and then. I also LOVE music...Mainly older music, but some newer stuff, also. I LOVE the Beatles! They are the greatest! lol. I also love to just drive around in my car...And shopping! When Ihave money, I LOVE to shop!

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:41 PM

They didn't really get teased. Hope's hubby thought they would but no one around our area seems to care what your name is. : )

#6 Melissa

Melissa

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:My husband and I are very into basketball and soccer and our daughters are enjoying sports too. My oldest daughter does gymnastics, soccer, and dance and my youngest does soccer and dance, so those are my interests rights now. <br /><br />I also love kids and my job. My husband and I's jobs both involve children.

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:22 AM

I loved the name Isabella ALL my life, and I was sure I was going to name my first daughter that. Everyone told me that my husband might not agree with me, but I never stopped loving the name.

When my hubby came to pick me up for our first date ever, my sister ran out and told him that if I marry him, his first daughter will be named Isabella. He said he wouldn't mind and that moment I knew I was going to marry him. :)

#7 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:08 PM

OH i love that story :)

#8 JENN2688

JENN2688

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:55 PM

Well lets see, After 59 years of being Evie Sue, my grandmother found out that her name was actually Ivie Sue. She had to go get a Birth Certificate from her home town a state away and thats when we found out. Her dad, she says must have been drunk when my great-grandparents applied for the Birth Certificate and she got the name Ivie Sue. I guess my great-granpa meant for it to be Evie but who knows. I like the Ivie Sue better, so in this case I thought it would be nice to name one of my future daughters after her real name and I really love Ivie but spelled Ivy and it would have significane.

How weird is that. I would hate to find out 59 years later that I was actually Ivie instead of Evie. LOL

#9 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:55 PM

i would be astounded if i found out my name was not what i thought it was!

my friend wanted to name her child after her father who had passed away. his name was michael, but they found out it was a girl! well, they took the name backwards like leahcim but found it looked like leah cim, so they named her leah cimberly which is a name i really like!! i think its so pretty and its a really neat way of honoring :)

#10 Hannah

Hannah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:I love writing, reading, sports of any kind(my favorites being basketball & soccer), music, and hanging out with my friends and family.

AND, I of course love thinking of baby names even though that is a VERY far in the future thing for me because I'm still young!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:24 AM

Well, here's a few stories.
My mom got her name "Angel" from a girl in my grandma's high school that my grandma thought was just absolutely beautiful. So she named her "Angel Kay" because all the girls had either had "Lynn" or "Kay" as their middle name. And my aunt "Renee" got her name from my grandma's best friend. And, her middle name as you guessed, is Lynn. Angel Kay & Renee Lynn were both named after someone. And then... my name-
"Hannah Rachelle" my mom was dead set on naming me either Chelsea Renee or... Skylar Dawn (EW!) & she finally decided against Chelsea Renee and was set on naming me Skylar. My grandma hated it and refused to let her name me it. So she suggested Hannah and my mom loved it, my dad just wanted me to be healthy. Well, she was perfectly fine with Hannah, but then couldn't think of a middle name, so she thought of a name she loved, "Rachelle". She remembered it from the piano player at her wedding who was Rachelle & had a sister "Rochelle".
Thank God for my Mamaw because I cannot see myself being anything but Hannah Rachelle.

Well there's my story(:

#11 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:01 AM

My parents were planning to name my brother William nn Willy, which would absolutely fit him however, erm, phallic it sounds. But he was born a month late, two days before Christmas, so my parents decided to pick Nicholas after St. Nicholas aka:SANTA!! :) They kept his middle name, Patrick, though. And I think it's a wonderful name. :)
That same brother was very sick when he was born, and if it weren't for my mom's midwife, Tricia, he probably wouldn't have made it. So my parents decided to name me after her five years later. I don't like the name at all, but I think it's a nice way to honor her.

#12 Tyler

Tyler

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:37 PM

I don't really have a cute name story, but I was just thinking about Smile's Justin Case story...I go to school with tons of those, but these are some of my favorites.
Michael Roney
Allison Cheynes
Mitch Ahlaneious
Benjamin Dover :)

#13 Dominique

Dominique

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:54 AM

Here's a funny story as to how my mother chose my name, Dominique.

She loves to read, especially trashy romance novels. Well first things first she wanted to make sure I had a french first name since the my middle and last were french, she wanted the flow I guess. Well she was reading a book about these two sisters Dominique and Lizzette. Dominique would go out and attract men back to her house where her sister was waiting and Lizzette would kill them. They were sister seriel killers with some crazy vendetta out against men. So, she seen the names and loved both of them and so did my father and they had a hard time picking one so they figured they would name me after Dominique since she didnt actually murder anyone like Lizzette did and Dominique only lured the men there lol. Insane right? Its a funny story though. I love my name and I am happy she found it in that book, but what a story when you tell people where she found it lol. The day I was born my dad went out and baught the record of the singing nun too lol.

#14 chloe88

chloe88

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:56 PM

my mom had my two sister April and Amber, with their dad, then when she married my dad she was 29, and decided she didnt want anymore kids, so she had her tubes tied.
but when she was late on her period she didnt think anything of it because she never dreamed she could be pregnant, but she called her doctor anyways just to be sure, and he said theres a VERY SMALL possibility she could be so she took a test, and sure enough, she was pregnant, she was 31 at this time. so when she went to the doctor to get her ultrasound, to her suprise she was already SIX MONTHS pregnant!!! and the doctor told her it was a boy....she was going to name me tyler. but when she had me, i was a GIRL, i wasnt named for 2 days. until she finally settled on the name Courtney Nichole. idk why she wouldnt just keep with the A theme though. lol

#15 GinnyRocks

GinnyRocks

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:58 PM

well My mom and aunt are Rachel Grace and Cherise Marie.When my mom had me she named me Chelsea Marie to honor my aunt so my aunt said that if she had a girl she would give her my moms middle name Grace.When my aunt had her first kid it was a boy and she named him Jason nn Jay and when she had her second child,a girl,she named her Chloe Grace. I think that its weird that we both have names that start with Ch and we have our aunts middle names.

#16 buttechick93

buttechick93

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:09 AM

My name, Kyla, is from a movie called "Losing Isaiah." The mother of Isaiah had him when she was 16 and hooked on drugs. When she had him she put him in a dumpster(maybe on someones door step, i dont remember). So then he was found and given up for adoption. After she had the baby she tried so hard to get off drugs and she did. So a year later or so she finds out where her son is and visits the people and ends up getting him back. Anyways, my mom named me that because she was hoping that i would end up a strong person who would try her hardest to get her life back together if it started to crumble. And I have been that way my whole life, except for the drugs and pregnancy. My middle name, Andrea, is from my moms best friend whose name is Andrea.

My step sister is getting married to a guy named Carlisle Baxter Rathburn IV.
I feel really sorry for her, no offense to him or any of his family but that is the worst name EVER

#17 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:11 PM

My name, Kyla, is from a movie called "Losing Isaiah." The mother of Isaiah had him when she was 16 and hooked on drugs. When she had him she put him in a dumpster(maybe on someones door step, i dont remember). So then he was found and given up for adoption. After she had the baby she tried so hard to get off drugs and she did. So a year later or so she finds out where her son is and visits the people and ends up getting him back. Anyways, my mom named me that because she was hoping that i would end up a strong person who would try her hardest to get her life back together if it started to crumble. And I have been that way my whole life, except for the drugs and pregnancy. My middle name, Andrea, is from my moms best friend whose name is Andrea.

My step sister is getting married to a guy named Carlisle Baxter Rathburn IV.
I feel really sorry for her, no offense to him or any of his family but that is the worst name EVER

that's so nice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users