• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HxppySxng

HxppySxng

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Planners, piercings, Witchcraft, Netflix, & baking.

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

Well I've been working some more lately, as school is starting up again, I've been doing lots of registration forms and I've kept a list in my phone of some of the ones that stuck out. What do you think of these names? (If there are siblings also registered, I've listed them as well.)

1. Marley and Presley - Two sisters, though they are in different years. I understand the reference with musician's last names, but Bob Marley and Elvis Presley are two totally separate genres of music, so that just throws me off a little bit.

2. Allegra - I don't know about you, but I'm instantly reminded of medicine. Younger brother is Duncan.

3.  Kimothy - At first, I just saw Kim was listed so I assumed Kimberly, but with a second glance, I noticed this girl's name is Kimothy, like Timothy with a K. I just about soiled myself laughing. That one was interesting.

4. Cruz - I've had a recent obsession with the name Cruz thanks to seeing this. I'd never heard of the name until recently and I actually really like it.

5. Nyx - Well I've read the House of Night series, I'm not a stranger to Nyx, but actually seeing it on a 13 year old girl was just wow. For those of you whom aren't completely into mythology, Nyx is a powerful goddess and the embodiment of night, according to Greek mythology. 

6. Harbin - Another I've never heard of until recently. Honestly, I'm not a fan of this one. He's got an older brother named Jaret and a younger sister named Sorrell

7. Micah - I've known Micah's, but always female. I actually really like this name on a boy. It's been added to my list. He has a sister named Jessie

8. Judah - I thought it was alright, but then I started playing around with it and I now have Jude on my list. Judah is brother to Quentin and Sadie.

9. Alma - I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I think it's cute but it reminds me of Elmo? I dunno.

10. Elettra & Duna - I think Elettra is like similar to Electra and Duna is similar to Luna, so names with a spin? Cute subset imo.

11. Alijah - Female version of Elijah? Weird. 

12. Cosmo - I've heard it on pets, never on people. I was immediately reminded of Timmy Turner. Honestly, this one's ridiculous. 

#2 ßlush

ßlush

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Paying off student loans & over-priced coffee.

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:17 PM

Hmm, I love Alma - so cute and lovely - and Duna, but I wish it was an actual name...

And I ain't mad about Elijah as a girl's name, but I would prefer it spelled the traditional way. Harbin is kind of cool; I could get on that.

All of the others though seem super trendy and "I really want my child's name to be unique so I'm trying way too hard".

And Timmy Turner! :lol: Yeah, that's all I get from Cosmo, too. That, and the alcoholic beverage...and magazine. (I would love if people thought of sex tips when they heard my child's name; that's the dream!)

• HxppySxng likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users