Photo

New Name Options! Thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: New Name Options! Thoughts? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Boy Combo

1. Alphonse Ciel (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Benjamin Ciel (10 votes [62.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

3. Benjamin Alphonse (6 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

Now for a boy we are stuck between Benjamin Alphonse, Benjamin Ciel and Alphonse Ciel. Ciel is "See-El" and is a French name. Thoughts? 

For a girl right now our combo is Everly Francesca but we aren't in love with it. We also like Arietty (Air-ee-etty) but we have no combos for it. Suggestions would be GREAT!

We would prefer an older, uncommon/very underused name in the first spot with a classical "filler" middle name but all suggestions are welcome!!!

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

Not loving the flow of Alphonse Ciel, but both are nice names. Benjamin Ciel got my vote  :wub:  (but Benjamin Alphonse is handsome, too)

#3 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

Benjamin Ciel gets my vote.  I'm not a fan of Alphonse, and Benjamin Alphonse is too long in my opinion. Honestly, you can't go wrong with Benjamin.  It's classic, easy to spell, ages well, and probably one of those names that are too masculine to be for a girl.  I'm not really a fan of Ciel either, but I like it better than Alphonse.  Maybe Benjamin Kyle?   :wub:   I am kind of partial to Kyle as it is the name of a person who is very important to me.  I know I've suggested Benjamin Carlisle before, and I really do like it.  Both names are masculine and I think of a hard-working man when I think of those 2 names... Of course you want your little boy to grow into a hard-working man, lol.  Benjamin Lyle is another option, although I don't like it quite as much as I do Benjamin Kyle or Benjamin Carlisle.

I adore Everly Francesca nickname Evie.  I honestly think it's prefect.  Francesca has such spunk and Everly seems kind of classic sound to it and it balances out Francesca.  The nickname Evie is adorable.  I also liked Adelaide Francesca nickname Addy, but that seemed to be a bit long.  It seems that you like kind of classic-y girl names with a nickname ending in the -ee sound.  I don't like Arietty because it doesn't seem like a usable name, I don't know how to explain it.

#4 neverland

neverland

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:44 AM

Lyra Rose

Lyric Marie

Ember Claire

Waverly Anne

Calantha Noelle

Hmm.. really love Calantha but struggle with a middle name here

#5 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

I voted for Benjamin Alphonse, but Benjamin Ciel works well too!  Here are some middle name suggestions for Arietty:

Arietty Grace

Arietty Jane

Arietty Ruth

Arietty Paige

Arietty Lynn

Arietty Lucille

Arietty Hope

Arietty Brooke

Arietty Lenore

Arietty Noelle

Arietty June

Arietty Belle

Arietty Blythe

Arietty Pearl

Arietty Violet

Arietty Claire

I like Everly Francesca, but I understand if you're not in love with it.  It seems a little long to me, and the individual names don't really compliment each other stylistically, in my opinion.  Instead of Everly, perhaps you could use Evelyn, Eve, Eva?  Or instead of Francesca, maybe you could use Francine or Frances?  Just a thought.

Would you like suggestions for other first / middle name combos?

#6 nessielove

nessielove

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

I think Benjamin Alphonse has the best flow of the three. It's a little long, but that doesn't really bother me. I think Alphonse is so handsome and underrated.

I'm not a huge fan of Ciel; it doesn't roll off my tongue naturally. That's probably just my complete lack of French-ness, ha!

Everly Francesca is very pretty. Though I'm not a huge fan of Everly itself, the combo is lovely.

Arietty is very sweet. Whimsical, even. A nice, classic middle would balance it out nicely.

Arietty Charlotte

Arietty Florence

Arietty Faith

Arietty Jane

Arietty Judith

Arietty Kate

Arietty Rose

Arietty Cora

Arietty Georgia

Arietty Justine

Arietty Nicole

Arietty Willa / Willow

Arietty Simone

Arietty Iris

Arietty Morgan

Arietty Kay / Fay / May

Arietty Mabel

Arietty Hazel

#7 SPKandZAK

SPKandZAK

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

Arietty is really pretty! So is Everly Francesca though!
For a boy, I would pick BC. Although I find Benjamin very boring.

First name option for a girl:
Madigan
Kitara
Moira
Baila (bye-lah)
Zinnia
Calliope
Thisbe
Avila
Calla
Cassia
Romilly