#1 mom2maci0113

mom2maci0113

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Being a good mom & wife
    Making baby name list
    Being an Admin on Naming Baby (Facebook page)

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:45 AM

Hello. Our daughter has 2 middle names. Her name is Maci Michelle Ann. (She goes by Maci Michelle quite often though). For her future brother/sister (may already be pregnant, finding out today, if not we are going to start nttp soon), I'm not sure if I want him/her to have 2 middle names/2 first names. Here are some names we've come up with so far. Colin is pronounced Cole-in like Colin Powell. Caasi I'm still up in the air about. It must be spelled this way for personal reasons, I'm thinking most people will say it like Casey and not like Cassie. Which I'm leaning more towards the Casey pronunciation myself. I would really like to call her Caasi-Mae but I can't find a middle name that sounds good with it so thought about that just being her name or using another family name in front of it. As for the boy names, my husband's name is Colin Isaac Blake. So I was wanting to use Colin (as it's his & his dad's name) and his second mn Blake in the boys name (My husband goes by Isaac and doesn't want to use the name he goes by in our sons name for some reason). With that being said I don't think Cannon Colin Blake sounds good so I just went with Cannon Colin since Colin has much more meaning then Blake does. Sorry if this is confusing. Hope yall can help me :) TIA 

Dawson Colin Blake 
Jonah Colin Blake 
Gabriel Colin Blake 
Brendan Colin Blake 
Cannon Colin 

Tessa Caasi-Mae 
Laura Caasi-Mae 
Caasi-Mae 

#2 Laura2013

Laura2013

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:54 AM

Dawson Colin Blake - Dawson is a family surname so I won't go further on this one.

Jonah Colin Blake - Like
Gabriel Colin Blake - LOVE
Brendan Colin Blake - Like
Cannon Colin - No No NO! Cannons I think are those things that we shot things out of. Also Nick Cannon i.e. Mr Mariah Carey!

Tessa Caasi-Mae - Tessa is okay but I think Caasi spelling be so hard to pronounce and I didn't even know what it was. 
Laura Caasi-Mae - See above
Caasi-Mae - Nice.

I have two middle names and I love it but I did change my name at 18 and added two middles names. 

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:15 AM

I automatically say Cassie when I see Caasi.  However, if you use it in the middle name spot then the pronunciation shouldn't present much problem.  

From your boys list, I REALLY like Dawson.  So cute!

#4 Lilah

Lilah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

I think Gabriel Colin Blake and Jonah Colin Blake sound best. The others all end with the letter N, so it doesn't flow well with Colin. I've never really been fond of the pronunciation Cole-in, mostly because it shares a name with the part of the body that waste comes out of. But the first names themselves are great, and the middle names work since they honor family.

For the girl, I've never seen the spelling Caasi before, so I'm not sure how it should be pronounced. I'm leaning toward Cassie, but I can see Casey coming from it as well. I think Laura Caasi-Mae would get my vote.

#5 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

Just going to weigh in on Caasi, I said it like Kaw-sye (like Maasai)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users