Puppylover12397

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 06:32 AM

Part 1 ~ Part 2~ Part 3 ~ Part 4 ~ Part 5 ~ Part 6

Story CAF Part 7/8

It has been a little under two years since you and [love interest] welcomed your youngest child into your home and while they were a surprise and unplanned, you would not change a thing about your life because having them in it just seems as the world was meant to be. Things have been good at work as well. [Love interest]'s book, -insert title-,  was a roaring success and spent  three whole months on the top twenty of the New York Times Best Seller List and [LI] has even been considering writing a second book about their experience between their time working in restaurants in their youth verse the world of being a food critic and how they both are similar yet differ. Then on your end, you've opened your second restaurant location, its a little less high brow then your first restaurant and focuses on being somewhere that is young child friendly while still offering elegant and delicious food for parents of young children who typically never get to eat at these kinds of locations due to the stigma of having small children in restaurants. It's been a huge success concept wise appeared with its duel menu of kids favorites and then aged up versions of the dishes for the parents. In addition you've recently  had both of your restaurants featured on  [roll], a famous cooking show! (Give Details!) and it's increased business at both locations, not to mention the notoriety, you've moved up from contestant to part-time judge and have been featured on [roll] multiple times as a judge and couldn't be more thankful.

Things have been good, in fact they really can't be better. Your kids are all thriving and seem to have miraculous hobbies and passions galore which has both you and [LI] tickled pink, glad to see your own fervor and passionate spirits have been passed to your kids.

(Roll for hobbies for your kids, talk a bit about the hobby, how did they start doing it? Are they naturals or do they have spend hours practicing to be at the top of their game so to speak.)

--------------

(If You've Never Adopted) In fact with everyone so to and fro, you kind of miss having a little one around, but you consider your age and worry pregnancy now might not be the best of things despite your desire for more children, you decide not to bring it up to [LI] and just go about your business when one day you meet a couple dining at - second restaurant- with their kids and compliment them on just how well-behaved and cute their kids happen to be, you start talking with them, discussing both your own children, career and life as well as theirs and find out that in fact they adopted their youngest child from [roll]. They talk to you about how fulfilling adoption has been in their life and much they adore their youngest child, you send them a free dessert in the end, exchange numbers and plan to set up a play date with your children.

You end up going home and researching a bit about adoption, nothing much comes of it at first, but one day a few weeks later, [LI] notices you on a site and asks you about it and you admit to them that the idea of adoption has been intriguing you since you met - roll for family information - who have been over a few times for playdates and then once or twice for dinner in the past few weeks and becoming quick friends of yours.

You and [LI] go over the pros and cons of adoption and adding on to your family.

(Provide List)

In the end though, you decide that you do want to peruse adoption as you'd like to provide a loving, caring and financially secure home to a child in need and you know you have the room in your heart just gaping for another child to love and care for and cannot think of a better way to fill that space.

-------------

(If You've Adopted Before) - Recently, you and [LI] have discussed wanting more children. You both have always desired a big family, and feel once more that adoption is the right option for you and your family, as in the past it has honestly been one of the most enriching things you have done and couldn't imagine your family without your adoptive children in your life.

In fact, you were even more touched by the thought of adoption when one day you meet a couple dining at - second restaurant- with their kids and compliment them on just how well-behaved and cute their kids happen to be, you start talking with them, discussing both your own children, career and life as well as theirs and find out that in fact they adopted their youngest child from [roll]. They talk to you about how fulfilling adoption has been in their life and much they adore their youngest child. You explain that you've also adopted before and both discuss the joy its brought you both in your lives, you send them a free dessert in the end, exchange numbers and plan to set up a play date with your children.

They become some of your closest friends and you have the over often for barbecues, play dates and family events, as its nice to have another family who understands and isn't awkward about blended families, - roll for family information-. Seeing them with their youngest child really does pull at both your and [LI]'s heart strings more and you both just know adoption is the perfect option for completing your family.

-------

After some discussion you and [LI] decide on [roll] for your own adoption, (explain your decision).

You and [LI] contact an agency and once you meet with them, you have to go over a few choices regarding your application, getting a home visit and having some check ups and the likes, you express some preferences to them afterwards. [Roll for Choices, and give some details such as do you make an adoption book, whats in it, was there any reason you picked that international location, etc). After your discussion you find out it'll probably take anywhere between two to four years for your adoption to process, and that's still just a maybe. Thus, you, [LI] and the kids continue on with life feeling some excitement and waiting on your hopefully coming family members.

It's only a year later though, three years since youngest child was born, that you get a call, you're a little shocked by how soon it is but, you've been matched with a perspective child! You and [LI] are shocked, but more than a little excited by it and are soon provided with a dossier of details.

(Domestic Adoption) - You've been picked by a young teen who has found herself unexpectedly pregnant. She's actually already six months along and expecting [roll]. Her first family choice ended up not working out as they changed their minds on wanting - insert opposite of your adoption choice (closed or open) - and wanted the other one instead which did not work for her. Thankfully, she found you guys and believe you will be a good fit for her baby(ies). The three of you get along well, and share a few common interests - name them - which makes her feel more comfortable with the situation and soon enough you have everything signed and prepped and in just three months you'll be bringing home (a) new bundle(s) of joy!

(International Adoption) - You sit down with your agent and you find out that you've been paired up with [roll] and you couldn't be more excited. It fits exactly into your family desires and you feel pleased with the action of it. Due to lack of space in the orphanage where your child(ren) are being housed they would like you to come visit (country) in a month to finalize details and make sure you get along well/bond with your child(ren), then two months after that you should be able to fly down and bring your child(ren) home, which while unusually fast is sadly necessary due to overcrowding.

During the first month after you find out you set to work, including your kids of course, to setting up rooms for your coming family member(s). [Details below, pick whatever combination works best for your coming family members]

(International Adoption) - After that month  you and [LI] leave your kids with your parents for one week and then his parents for the following week, spending two weeks in -insert country - bonding with your child(ren). You find out their current first name - choose a name or names from country of origin - and what they look like. (Give Details), you fly home after that, but you feel like you've left a huge part of your heart in -insert country - and cannot wait for the next two months to go so you can welcome your newest additions.

Finally the time comes and your babies (are either born and or fly there to bring them home) and you honestly cannot believe it. You've chosen (and or changed) the names for your children and feel that they fit perfectly. (See Names) and once you bring them home you have a small welcome party, just you, your kids, both your [LI]'s parents (and siblings if you have any) come and meet their newest relatives, seeing yourself surrounded by your family, from your newest addition(s) to your parents you feel your heart swells and you know now that your family is complete, and a sense of peace comes over you as you realize that somehow you truly did manage to have it all. An amazing fulfilling career and a family full of so much light and love. You couldn't be happier.

Please list your family - furry members included!

DICE

Food  Shows:

1. The Best Thing I Ever Ate

2. Diners, Drive-ins and Dives

3. Kid in A Candy Store (Dessert Based)

4. No Reservations

5. Unique Eats

6. Delicious Destinations

Judge Show:

1. Chopped

2. Guys's Grocery Games

3. Cutthroat Kitchen

4. Ironchef America

5. Hell's Kitchen

6. Masterchef

Kids Hobbies:

1. a sport (basketball, soccer, running, swimming, bowling, karate, dance, etc.)

2. a musical instrument (piano, guitar, violin, flute, etc.) 

3. art (drawing, painting, photography, etc.)

4. reading/writing (books, poetry, etc.)

5. video games/computer games

6. other (anything  you want to include not listed here)

Adoption of Patron's Child:

1. China

2. South Korea

3. Haiti

4. India

5. Argentina

6. Poland

7. Vietnam

8. Cambodia

9. Sweden

10. Mongolia

Roll for Parents Genders (Twice)

Odd - Female Even - Male

How Many Kids Do They Have?

1. 4

2. 3

3. 3

4. 5

5. 2

6. 4

Parents Names: First Middle Surname

Kids Names: First & Middle

Type of Adoption:

1, 4, 6: Domestic Adoption

2, 3, 5: International Adoption

Domestic Adoption Choices:

Odd - Closed Even - Open

International Adoption:

1. South Korea

2. China

3. Ukraine

4. Ethiopia

5. Your Choice

6. Same Country as Friend Adopted Child

7. Argentina

8. Poland

Domestic Adoption:

1. Boy

2. Girl

3. Girl

4. Boy

5. Same-Sex Twins (Odd-Boys, Even-Girls)

6. Fraternal Boy/Girl Twins

International Adoption:

Odd - Single Set Even - Sibling Set

International Adoption Single Set:

1. Boy

2. Girl

3. Girl

4. Boy

5. Same-Sex Twins (Odd-Boys, Even-Girls)

6. Fraternal Boy/Girl Twins

International Adoption Sibling Set:

1. Boy (2) & Girl (0)

2. Boy (1) & Boy (0)

3. Girl (3) & Girl (1)

4. Girl/Boy (2) & Girl (0)

5. Girl (3), Boy (1) & Boy (0)

6. Girl (2), Girl (1), Boy/Boy (0)

Infant Rooms:

Baby Boy - Baby Girl - Same-Sex Twins - Opposite-Sex Twins

Shared Rooms:

Room #1 - Room#2 - Room #3 - Room #4 - Room #5 - Room #6 - Room #7 - Room #8 - Room #9 - Room #10 - Room #11

Single Rooms:

Room #1 - Room#2 - Room #3 - Room #4 - Room #5 - Room #6 - Room #7 - Room #8 - Room #9 - Room #10 - Room #11

Baby Names:

Domestic Adoption:

First - Boy/Girl Middle #1 - Middle #2

International:

First - Middle Name #1 is prior first name from before adoption - Middle #2 is a name from their birth country.

Children Looks:

International Adoption:

Select Hair/Eye Color befitting general population of location of adoption: ie Black Hair &  Brown Eyes for Haiti, Black Hair & Almond Eyes for China, Blonde Hair & Blue Eyes for Sweden, etc.

Domestic Adoption:

Hair Color:

1. Brown Hair

2. Red Hair

3. Blonde Hair

4. Black Hair

5. Brown Hair

6. Blonde Hair

Eye Color:

1. Blue Eyes

2. Green Eyes

3. Hazel Eyes

4. Brown Eyes

5. Hazel Eyes

6. Brown Eyes

#2 Puppylover12397

Puppylover12397

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:13 AM

My name is Romy Pepper Talbot, I have Blonde Hair and Brown Eyes and I'm Twenty-Three Years Old. I'm an up and coming pastry chef in one of NYC's hottest restaurants - Le Cirque. I graduated at the top of my class at Le Cordon Bleu in France and nothing has ever gotten in the way of my dream to become a world wide known name in the pastry circuit. Not family, not friends and most certainly not love. I have no time for any of those as they're all distractions towards my life goal.

One night while I'm at work my head chef tells me that a patron wishes to speak to me out in the dining room. I tell him I'm  too busy, but he insists I go out and speak to this customer as it is very urgent. I sigh and throw my apron to him before walking out of the kitchen and over to a table where I see one of the most attractive looking persons I have ever seen. They have Red Hair and intriguing Brown Eyes and are dressed to the nines in designer fashion. I do not recognize them and figure they are some prissy rich debutant. As I walk over, a forced pleasant smile on my face the last thing I expect is the cockiest of grins on her face before she point blank informs me of just how terrible she thinks my dessert is.

I'm stunned. No one has ever spoken to me like this or challenged my cooking skills. I retort back and cause a scene in front of the whole room, demanding that she takes back her comment and who does she think she is to insult me in such a way! She simply smiles vivaciously and informs me that she is Althea Laken Godfrey. I'm stunned, she's the newest food critic for the New York Times. I demand that she tries something else that this must have been a fluke. Althea only laughs and walks out. I'm infuriated and storm back into the kitchen. 

Once I get home I research more about Althea and find out everything she loves and hates and it turns out the fennel panna cotta would have never worked as she despises anise. I also find out that Althea is one of the city's hottest bachelorettes, they're Twenty-Two Years Old.  I work tirelessly for hours to create three perfect desserts based on her favorite flavors - Almond, Guava and White Truffle.  I use all my contacts and find out where he lives and at three am that very same night I show up at Althea's apartment.

I knock on her door until she answers and make my demand - that she try my new desserts before they send in their review of Le Cirque. At first Althea is reluctant, but she notices the spark in my eyes and lets me in. I watch her devour my desserts in silence before Althea suddenly asks me to leave. I ask her what she thought, but she refuses to tell me and says that I will find out in next week's paper. I go home feeling worried.

I spend the next week on edge - worried about the paper, but also thankful my boss did not fire me for my altercation in the dining room. When the day finally comes I come into work and am greeted with applause and a giant mash of hugs from my colleagues. The review was spectacular and the highlight of it your desserts. Althea goes into detail after detail and I get flustered as I read the copy of the paper shoved into my hands - I feel my heart flutter and my knees go weak. I only come back to the world when I'm told I have a phone call for me and its from Althea!

I pick up and she does something I never expected her to do... She asks me out on a date! I'm stunned into silence for a few moments, but I do say yes and agree to meet her at her apartment on my next day off. Suddenly, the prospect of love does not seem so frivolous after all.

I have been seeing Althea for a  year, but it has been a whirlwind romance from our very first date! Out first date was magical, Althea showed up to Le Cirque to pick me up from work and she even brought me Homemade Carmels. From there she took me out to do a very upscale date; A Private Cooking Lesson with Tom Colicchio ! We had a fantastic time.

Althea and I just have so much in common - it tuns out that we both come from large families and enjoyed having lots of siblings, we both have a fondness for classical french cuisine and we're both huge fans of the Harry Potter Series! After our date Althea  and I go for a walk through Central Park and the two of us discuss our desires, hopes and dreams together. Althea's love of writing and food and my own wish to one day open my own restaurant. The next thing I notice as we were sitting on a park bench was the sun rising, Althea and I had spent all night out in the park just talking. Since then I take every one of  my days off and spend them with Althea. As much as I have worried in the past that having a relationship might do damage to my career I find that since I started seeing Althea my palate had become better and I'm working harder than before to strive for my dreams because now I have someone to share it with and that someone appreciates my drive and passion.

Our relationship moves fast in that first year and I honestly have no idea how I have lived my life without Althea as a part of it. On the morning of our one year anniversary, Althea wakes me up with breakfast in bed featuring the three flavors of the desserts I fed to him the night we first met - Almond, Guava and White Truffle. There is a Guava filled pancake popper with white truffle shaved onto it and topped with candied almond brittle. I nosh down on it in quite the uncivilized manner given just how tasty the dish is that it is not until I got a for a sip of the mimosa that I notice a box on the breakfast tray and open it up to to reveal an engagement ring! It is a beautiful Vintage Engagement Ring. I say yes without any hesitation and cannot believe how excited I am to be engaged to Althea. However I realize we have so much to do! It takes Althea and I a whole year in and of itself to plan the wedding, but by the time it's done I know it is perfect, the wedding I have always dreamed of.

We've been so busy picking the theme and colors and choosing all the goes into a wedding but we think we may finally have it down, even if it is a little mismatched since everyone wanted something different! I had my dress picked out from the minute Althea proposed, a beautiful Ballgown Wedding Dress. Althea wanted a French Rose, Orange & Pink color theme and we  wanted Tulips for the flower arrangements! Althea picked out the most gorgeous gown - Vintage Wedding Dress. The bridesmaids had the most beautiful in L. We all wanted the wedding to be a Large Affair at Le Cirque. I knew that there was no way that anyone, but myself was going to make my wedding cake and so I worked tirelessly on it until I had a wonderful Elegant Wedding Cake..

Finally the day came and Althea and I were married! My head chef - Sirio Maccioni -  insisted he cook the meal for us and it was spectacular and was focused on Almond, Guava and White Truffles. The meal was divine! My father and Althea's Father walked us down the isle and Althea's maid of honor even cried as we said our vows! The guests were surprised at how the wedding turned out with so many different styles but everyone agreed that it fit perfectly! There were lots of pictures taken! As the day came to a close we all went to take a well deserved rest.

The very next day, Althea and I left on our honeymoon to France.  We spent two weeks having a blast going wine tasting, visiting the Eiffel Tower, truffle hunting, sight seeing around Paris and dining at every restaurant we could!

It has been two years since Althea and I married and went off on our extravagant honeymoon together. We have been living together in his apartment ever since our return back into the city, but recently the two of us  have been considering moving out of the city and onto Long Island so that we could start a family there. We  know this means both Althea and I will need to commute to work from now on, but both of us want our future children to grow up with a backyard and in a community instead of in a city like Hudson and I had and we did not enjoy.

Althea and I visit some different areas on the island and finally decided on Manhasset. We both take some more time and absolutely fall in love with one home, A Seven-Bedroom Home with a ton of beautiful land, it is gorgeous and another reason Althea and I love it is because it has a very large kitchen equipped with all the fancy gadgets I could dream of, a big pool with a water slide and a huge already set up and life filled herb and produce garden, not to mention some apple trees. It is a little out of our price range, but Althea and I decide that it is a worthy investment. Althea and I made a bid and it is accepted the next day, it turns out that the previous owners are going through a divorce and want to get everything settled quickly, so within a month Althea and I are able to purchase the home and even move into it!

Now, that we have a home of our own and not an apartment, both Althea and I have always wanted pets and decide that now is the time to make a move on it and get a pet! We both settle on a Dog, but there is one problem. We cannot agree on a breed! I would like a Australian Shepherd and Althea would like a Shih Tzu. We both try and make a choice, convince Althea while he tries to convince me that our pick is better. Finally, we both come to a unanimous agreement - we'll get both!

It takes us another month to find a reputable breeder for each breed, but the good thing is they have only a medium sized waiting list, but each are currently expecting half a dozen litters in the next two months and they should just be able to fill the waiting list and have two or three puppies available still meaning we can get one despite the short notice. The time comes sooner rather than later and our puppies are born only three days apart and we end up with little ones of the same gender - Boys. Althea and I decide to name them in a matching theme - Space Theme. We are so excited and spend most of our time when we're not at work playing or codling Atlas and Vega

It's a good thing that we got Atlas and Vega because they've been great experience! So much so that Althea and I decide maybe its time to have our first baby. We begin to search for a sperm donor. Althea and I talk about who will carry the baby, and both decide that we would like to experience pregnancy, and draw straws to see who will go first; you win the draw. Althea's brother offers to be a donor for us, and we are both very grateful for his selfless decision. Ennis Jack Godfrey has the same Red Hair as Althea, but his eyes are blue like his mother's. As the pregnancy progresses Althea and I find out that we're expecting a Baby Boy. After Althea and I spend weeks setting up the perfect nursery for our little one and it looks absolutely stunning - It's a boy's blue room covered in lots of soft plush animals and toys.

The time finally arrives and our baby is born! The labor is fast and I actually deliver our little man only six hours after going into labor, thankfully Althea had decided to work from home that day so she was able to be with me through the labor and delivery. If she had been at work when my water had broken - three in the afternoon - she probably would not have made it back in time to be there for our son's birth.

Our baby is perfect with ten fingers and ten toes and healthy as a horse. I cannot believe that Althea and I are going to have such an amazing little person in our life. They're the cutest baby in the world -not that we're biased or anything and he has my Blonde Hair and surprisingly he has Blue Eyes from Ennis. Althea and I have had a lot of time to think about it and decided we really wanted to thank Ennis for being out sperm donor and allowing our baby to be related to both of us and so we decide to give the baby a first name after Ennis - Jackson. The problem is that Althea and I had a much harder time picking a middle name for Jackson- Althea wanted to name them after a famous writer, but I wanted to name them for a famous chef. In the end, we decided to give Althea two middle names, double the honor and inspiration. We picked Louis after Louisa May Alcott - Althea's favorite author and Ramsay for Gordon Ramsay- my biggest culinary inspiration. Our little man is Jackson Louis Ramsay Talbot-Godfrey and as soon as we look at our baby, we know that this is the name for him. Althea and I are absolutely in love with Jackson.

It has been two years since Althea and I welcomed Jackson. Things have been going well and both Althea and I have been recently promoted in our jobs - the only problem is, I'm not very happy at work anymore. I'm tired of working for someone else's vision and want to orchestrate my own dreams and desires for all things culinary. I decide to talk to Althea about it and they support me fully on my passion and drive, offering to help me as much as they can. I speak with my employer - Sirio - and while they are sad to see me go, they understand and implore me for my drive and promise to assist me as I am one of their favorite proteges. They lead me to possible investors, people to talk to for advice and assistance in garnering the location and products I need. It helps that just last year I won a James Beard Foundation Award so people know who I am and trust that I have a lot of potential in the industry.

It takes me the rest of the year, but I draw up a plan, get proper investors and save up enough of my own money to finally buy a place. I even have a name picked out - Thea and Jackson's and it will feature a simple and light French menu and be more about the pastries and desserts than anything else. I've even invented two special desserts for the menu, one for Althea and one for Jackson and it is made of their favorite flavor, Guava for Thea and Peanutbutter for Jackson. Thea and Jackson's  is in Manhasset and I'm a little more than thrilled to have a much shorter commute to work than when you worked at Le Cirque in the city.

It has been a full three years now since Althea and I welcomed Jackson and we feel it might be time to give them another sibling. We  begin to look into adoption. We enjoyed our time in France so much on our honeymoon and thus we have decided to adopt from there. It takes a lot less time and only after two months, but we're matched with a baby and Althea and I could not be more excited. I explain to Jackson that they're going to become a big brother and they are feeling upset and I'm feeling concerned by Jackson's reaction.

As the adoption progresses Althea and I find out that we're expecting another Baby Boy, we inform Jackson of the baby's gender and they are a lot more excited now as they wanted a baby brother and they got one. Due to Jackson's reaction Althea and I decide to let him help out with the nursery and let them pick a theme - Fairytale - though we tone it down to slight theme for Jackson's current favorite author, Hans Christan Anderson. After that you all assemble what you need to make the nursery for the new baby. It takes weeks setting it up, but the nursery comes out just as planned - Nursery- and Jackson is very excited about the baby.

The time finally arrives and our second baby is arriving in the airport for us to pick him up. I cannot wait to hold him in my arms and for him to be truly with us all. In our home and as a part of our family. When the women bringing him lands and hands him to us, I hold our little man ever so tightly and never want to let him go. I do though, I let Althea hold him and our parents and siblings come and see him, give him kisses and welcome him to the Talbot-Godfrey clan.

Our baby is perfect with ten fingers and ten toes and healthy as a horse. I cannot believe that Althea and I are going to have such an amazing little person in our life. Our little man has Blonde Hair and Green Eyes. Althea and I have had a lot of time to think about it and decide to give the baby the first name, Dashiell. Althea and I remember how much of a stress it was picking the middle name for Jackson and decide earlier in the pregnancy we actually flipped a coin and I won the coin flip and picked the middle names - Sirius Garrick. Althea and I are happy with the name as when I look down at our button nosed newborn, it feels right to call him Dashiell Sirius Garrick Talbot-Godfrey.

The moment finally comes when we introduce Jackson and Dashiell and despite all prior reactions we worry for a second that something might go wrong, but thankfully Jackson is all wide eyed wonder and glee when looking to Dashiell. He asks to hold Dashiell and Althea helps them become situated and to hold the baby and the four of us sit together as a family and I feel entirely blessed. I only hope the future holds things as bright as they are now in the days to come.

It has been two years since Althea and I have welcomed Dashiell into our home. As many people say, it has been a lot harder with two than with one, but I expected it and honestly both Althea and Ilove being parents even more than we love anything elsewe have ever done and I can only imagine how Twenty-Three Year me would have felt back then if I told them that. I probably would have laughed at myself.

Things are very good though at Thea's and Jackson's and we have been very good and the restaurant has never not had a fully booked Thursday-Sunday since it opened and just last month Althea  got promoted to senior food critic and editor at The New York Times. The influx of money has been helpful in living in Long Island which is quite the expensive town. We've even been able to add quite a chunk of money to the college funds you have set up for Jackson and Dashiell. As Althea and I have been doing so well, not to mention I feel like the house is a little empty with Jackson starting kindergarten - Althea and I have decided to expand our family with another little one.

We decide this time that Althea will carry the baby's and my younger brother - Jasper Chadwick Talbot- inspired by Ennis' donation to me, decides to donate for Althea to use. He has Blonde Hair, but he has Hazel Eyes. It takes three months for Althea to get pregnant. When we go to a visit to get the first scan and lo and behold you're expecting multiples - Triplets! It seems more than one of the eggs we implanted ended up taking and while at first Althea and I feel a little worried as we never expected multiples, we knew there was a possibility though and look on the brighter side, we have always wanted a big family and this is just makes it a little faster.

As the pregnancy progresses Althea and I find out that we're expecting Three Girls! We inform Jackson and Dashiell about the gender of their expected little siblings and they react, Jackson doesn't seem to mind ore care, he's just excited he'll be even more of a big brother and Dasheill does not really understand which makes sense since he is so young, but he picks up on Jackson's vibe and is also excited. While it might have been nice for them to to be more excited, as long as the boys are okay with it, we do not mind.

Althea and I decide that the babies will share a room for the first year or two to make it easier on us for late night feedings, changing and other things. We set up a beautiful nursery for them - Nursery. While fixing up a room for the girls we decide it would be maybe a good idea and re-do the other bedrooms in the house. We don't want to make Jackson and Dashiell to  feel left out so we let them each pick out themes for their rooms - Jackson picks ends up with a Safari Themed Room and Dashiell gets a Winnie the Pooh Themed Room. Althea and I also redo our room to fit our tastes and it is both simple and elegant. we then decided not to leave out anyone so Jackson, Dashiell and I redid a little area by the stairs for Atlas and Vega - A Little Doggie Pad. Althea, Jackson, Dashiell and I have a very fun time fixing up the house.

The time finally arrives and our babies are born. This time we end up having a planned c-section and all of our family is in attendance, they help us keep Dash and Jackson occupied through the procedure which is thankfully an effortless one, the birth goes fine and takes less than three to four hours and though nurses have to check and look over the babies, in the end they are healthy and content little lasses.

As I look at our babies and hold them for the first time I feel a tug in my heartstrings. Althea and I love them so much already and we could not imagine our life without each and every one of them. Althea and I named them with a coordinating theme, Starting with the letter L, since they were multiples and picked out the names Lavender, Leah and Lydia. Lavender and Leah are identical and have Blonde Hair and Hazel Eyes while Lydia is out little spitfire with Red Hair and Hazel Eyes.

Althea graduated from NYU with a minor in Classical Civilizations and has been in love with history since she was a small child. When we were expecting this time Althea asked if I would be alright letting her pick the babies middle names from some of their favorites they have run into in her studies and past readings. I say yes - I did get to pick Dash's middle names after all - and I just ask Althea to run them by me first and she picked Elizabella Isolde, Silvia Minerva and Severina Aurelia and I have to admit that there is a sort of charm to them and we decide we will use them. Our names fir our little beauties perfectly; Lavender Elizabella Isolde Talbot-Godfrey, Leah Silvia Minerva Talbot-Godfrey and Lydia Severina Aurelia Talbot-Godfrey.

As Althea and I watch Jackson and Dashiell  smile, make faces and wave fingers at the girls while they sleep in their hospital bassinets. I just know that our children will be close and be able to rely on one another which is what I have always wished for as I was not close with any of my siblings until after Jackson's birth. Though I know the coming months with multiple newborns will be stressful Irelish the challenge as I know the benefits will far outweigh the sleepless nights and hectic days.

It has been a little under a year since Althea and I welcomed Lavender, Leah and Lydia into our home and while it's been hectic, Althea and I would not have life any other way. Things have been good at work as well. Althea has just sent off her first book - Gluttony and Where It Can Take You - to the publisher and it has been approved and will be coming out for publication very soon. Then on my end, I recently appeared on Food Network Challenge on the Food Network, It was a Halloween cake decorating challenge and we won with a fully out done cake with Tim Burton based designs and amazing sugar work,  and it's increased business at Thea and Jackson's by tenfold. Unfortunately, a big wrench has been thrown into our life despite all the good news.....My younger sister is pregnant.

Recently Lana Tansy Talbot and come to both Althea and I in a state of a fit. She is pregnant, just shy of two months along, and not only that, but the pregnancy is the product of a one night stand with a guy she barely knows and has no idea how to locate him. Lana is only sixteen years old and knows she is not mature enough to raise her baby. So, as hard as it is for her to do it, Lana wants to give up her baby, the thing is though, she wants Althea and I to adopt the baby. Lana is worried to give her baby up to someone she doesn't know and out of every adult relationship that Lana knows Althea and I's is the most stable and loving one and she wants that kind of family for her baby. I look to Althea and inform Lana that we need to talk and she accepts and leaves, asking me to let her know as soon as we can. The two of us talk, we already have five kids who are six years of age and under, but our finances are stable, very stable as is our relationship with one another, we both want a big family and have always liked the thought of adoption, after all, we adopted Dash from France. We go over some more pros and cons - having four kids so young and close in age, the triplets are a handful and to add a fourth baby into that mix when they'll just have turned two at the time of his or her birth, but this is family and we do want more children. Althea and I spend two weeks debating on what the right choice is, but in the end come to the conclusion that we will adopt Lana's baby. I call her and let her know our choice and Lana is thrilled.

The three of us sit down and outline an agreement with our lawyer present. In the agreement Althea and I will be adopting Lana's baby and will be given full parental responsibilities and Lana will sign away all rights to her baby, the baby will known that they are adopted when the time is right, but they will not learn that Lana is the biological parent until they are eighteen years of age. Lana will not be the one to inform them and their contact will be of the typical familial role. In addition, Althea and I will pay for all medical bills in regards to the pregnancy. You also include a cause that [cousin/sister] enroll in some form of therapy and or support group in regards to young mothers giving up their babies for adoption and dealing with those emotions and she must be in the program from this point until the end of the full year after the baby's birth at minimum. If there is a fee, Althea and I will pay for it. As much as we want a healthy baby, we want to ensure Lana's well being in the situation as well. The documents are signed and we cannot wait to see this process through.

As the pregnancy progresses we find out that we're expecting a Baby Boy. While we hadn't expected any other children since the multiples, we feel that this baby is still a gift in our eyes and the eyes of our family. Althea and I are thoroughly excited for the new baby. In fact, we set up a magnificent baby shower and while we were worried that Lana might be upset or uncomfortable, she seems joyful and truly happy to see that we are excited to be welcoming her baby. Seeing that makes me feel a lot more at ease knowing that Lana is doing okay with the thought of the adoption still, we've such adoption horror stories and considering that this is also within the family the fear that this could all fall apart is very real, however we  are doing our best to be optimistic. While it may make us wait longer for your career, we are at so much peace with it, with our new baby. The next three months breeze by and its time  the multiples birthday party, it has a Ninja Theme. Everyone plays tons of games - share some if you like - and has a wonderful time, though, Lavender got into a little trouble - she was chasing Atlas and tripped, hitting her head and had a little bump, but she was okay - Ennis' who is a doctor, checked her out, but everything else ran rather smoothly. 

After that, the time came and Althea and I set up a beautiful nursery for the baby - Boy Nursery. It looks fantastic and I joke with Althea that after decorating all these nurseries maybe I missed my true calling as an interior designer. We both laugh as we each know that if I were not working in a kitchen, cooking and baking I would lose my mind. It brings a smile to my face knowing how much Althea truly does understand me and the pair of us hang up the sonogram picture we received at the last doctor visit of our coming baby.

As the baby's arrival nearer and nearer, I start to notice Jackson is acting out more and more, just last night they stole Leah's stuffed alligator and shredded it to bits with a pair of safety scissors, thankfully being a parent to five children I make sure to have a bin of backups in your closet for their favorite stuffies, after giving Leah a new stuffed animal Althea and I had a stern talking to with him that night and Jackson seemed apologetic, but just today I received a phone call that they bit another student while at school and are being suspended for a full week. I drive to the school and pick Jackson up, feeling terribly embarrassed as I load him into the car. However, it does not stop there, when I leave him alone for one second to make lunch, I come back to find Lydia crying and covered in purple paint with Jackson's hands covered in paint as well. I'm frazzled, I put Jackson in timeout, but he just seems  gleeful.

I'm at my wits end so I call my Mom and she suggested maybe instead of just simply admonishing Jackson I try talking to him more about why he is doing what he's doing at the next instance if there happens to be one - of course there is one. At the end of the night right before bed, Jackson pulls on Dashiell's hair and makes him cry. I separate the pair and have Althea comfort Dash while I sit Jackson down and try and talk to him, at first I get nothing, but finally, Jackson breaks down in tears and hugs me, asking me not to be mad and that they just want my attention and are worried that with so many younger siblings Althea and I will not want them anymore or love them. It breaks my heart. I promise Jackson that that will never, ever happen that we will love them no matter how many other siblings that they have. I promise Jackson this and make an agreement that once a month Jackson will pick a day just to be for the three of us. The first one will be in two weeks, after Jackson is done being punished for his bad behavior and as long as he continue to behave from now on. It goes smoothly and we all end up having our first Mommy, Momma and Jackson Day enjoying our time going Ice Skating. We dress up in warm clothing and hit the rink and Jackson is a natural on the ice, I fall everywhere, but him and Althea just glide like damn naturals...No...I am not jealous. At the end of the day, Althea and I decide to sign Jackson up for some classes before we leave.

Thank goodness that that is put behind us because just one week after that day Lana went into labor three weeks early! The baby while a little small, is thankfully very healthy. Apparently, early births are common in teen mothers, and it was hectic, but thankfully it went well and only lasted eight hours and Lana even went the whole process sans any kind of paint meds. I honestly have no idea how she did it!

As I look at our baby and hold him for the first time I feel a tug in my heartstrings. He is a handsome little lady, with stunning Blue Eyes and beautiful thick Brown Hair. I love him so much and while unexpected, I ust know this little one was meant to be a part of your family. I thank Lana profusely for bringing this amazing little being into our life, and Althea and I her if she has any first name ideas for the baby and she does, she likes the name Hunter and it fits him perfectly. Althea and I agree to use it and then pick two names in honor of Lana for the baby's middle names, Landry Tanner.  Lana is so thankful and cries tears of joy and the three of us hug one another, Hunter Landry Tanner Talbot-Godfrey in the middle of it all.

The three of us stay there for a bit as we watch Jackson holding Hunter while Dash kisses the baby's head and Lavender, Leah and Lydia watch on with wide eyes while Althea's parents keep watchful eye on their beloved grandchild, the three of us feel so warmed at the sight as the other children accepting Hunter as their sibling and can see how much they truly care for one another.

It has been a little under two years since Althea and I welcomed Hunter into our home and while he was a surprise and unplanned, we would not change a thing about our life because having Hunter in it just seems as the world was meant to be. Things have been good at work as well. Althea's book, - Gluttony and Where It Can Take You-,  was a roaring success and spent  three whole months on the top twenty of the New York Times Best Seller List and Althea has even been considering writing a second book about her experience between her time working in restaurants in their youth verse the world of being a food critic and how they both are similar yet differ. Then on my own end, I've opened my second restaurant location, DLH's Food for All, its a little less high brow then Thea and Jackson's and focuses on being somewhere that is young child friendly while still offering elegant and delicious food for parents of young children who typically never get to eat at these kinds of locations due to the stigma of having small children in restaurants. It's been a huge success concept wise appeared with its duel menu of kids favorites and then aged up versions of the dishes for the parents. In addition you've recently  had both of your restaurants featured on No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain, a famous cooking show! Typically Mister Bourdain isn't one to mix with kids, but he brought his daughter Ariane, and I had my oldest son, Jackson with me and we did a special cooking with kids at both and he said our grown up rendition of mac n' cheese was the best one he had ever had! Since the show  it's increased business at both locations, not to mention the notoriety, I've moved up from contestant to part-time judge and have been featured on Chopped multiple times as a judge and couldn't be more thankful.

Things have been good, in fact they really can't be better. Jackson, Dashiell, Lavender, Leah, Lydia and Hunter are all thriving and seem to have miraculous hobbies and passions galore which has both Althea and I tickled pink, glad to see our own fervor and passionate spirits have been passed to our kids.

Jackson adores Art, specifically, he loves to draw and I'm constantly finding him sketching, at first his doodles were honestly just scribbles and not the best, but he's put in so much time, and always spends his picket money on books for improving drawing and ever since two years ago when we enrolled him in an after school arts program, he has just been thriving and while he may not have an innate intuition at first, he tries for it and really puts forth so much effort that he's improving leaps and bounds.

Dashiell has recently found a love for the violin, he's always been musically inclined, playing with music toys over others when he was small and we tried to start him on the piano when he was five, but he just didn't seem to click with that instrument as much and then, he was in a music shop, picked up a violin and that was it, we've had him signed up for lessons twice a week, every week for the year and half and he still rarely ever puts the thing down, I have to inform him he'll be put in time out just to get him to put it down long enough to eat sometimes since he never wants to stop playing.

Lavender it would seem, while the piano was not for Dashiell, it was just perfect for Lavender, she's seemingly connected in its use and her once a week lessons never seem to be enough for her, she always wants to be banging on the keys and while her skill is minimal currently, I think with her continued fervor it will grow and she'll become quite the musician.

Leah adores computer games, anything to do with some graphic design and playing with the storytelling elements of games gets her all excited and while its not a behavior I would typically endorse, she seems to be learning quite the litany of words and stories, and lessons based upon it.

Lydia is our little prima ballerina, she loves to dress up in her tutu and dance around, attending lessons for it once every week and improving leaps and bounds in it, she's always watching ballet on the television and just the other day she asked for a ballet bar for her room for her birthday.

Hunter looks like he'll be quite the musician himself as well, he has a tiny toddlers toy drum set to which he is always banging on and the last time he came with me to pick Dashiell up from his violin lesson at the music school, he pointed to drum set and asked for one for himself to play with and seemed quite enamored by it. When he's a little older, Althea and I have talked about buying him some big boy drums and lessons for it in a year or two when he's old enough.

Recently, Althea and I have discussed wanting more children. We both have always desired a big family, and feel once more that adoption is the right option for us, as in the past it has honestly been one of the most enriching things we have done and we couldn't imagine our family without our adoptive children in our life.

In fact, we were even more touched by the thought of adoption when one day I meet a couple, Tatum and Charlize Aurelia, dining at -DLH's Food for All- with their kids, Tabitha, Flynn and Dexter, and compliment them on just how well-behaved and cute their kids happen to be, I start talking with them, discussing both your own children, career and life as well as theirs and find out that in fact they adopted Dexter from South Korea. Charlize and Tatum talk to about how fulfilling adoption has been in their life and how much they adore Dexter. I talk to them about my own adoption experience with Dashiell and Hunter, and we both discuss the joy its brought us both in our lives, I send them a free dessert in the end, and we exchange numbers and plan to set up a play date with the kids.

The Aurelias become some of our closest friends and we have them over often for barbecues, play dates and family events, as its nice to have another family who understands and isn't awkward about blended families. Seeing Tatum and Charlize with Dexter really does pull at both mine and Althea's  heart strings more and we both just know adoption is the perfect option for completing our family.

After some discussion Althea and I decide on Domestic Adoption for our adoption this time, we know there are a lot of children in need internationally, but there are so many in the united states and we'd like to stay close to home with our adoption choice this time. 

Althea and I contact an agency and once we meet with them, you have to go over a few choices regarding our application, getting a home visit and having some check ups and the likes, we express some preferences to them afterwards. We want a Closed Adoption because we would rather make it cut and dry and not confuse any child we bring home about the fact that they are a member of our family. We set up an adoption book and include pictures of us all working at the resturants, on vacation in Hawaii and in France, us playing in the pool in the backyard and washing Atlas and Vega. Overall, it's a fun little project. After our discussion you find out it'll probably take anywhere between two to four years for our adoption to process, and that's still just a maybe. Thus, Althea, the kids and I continue on with life feeling some excitement and waiting on our hopefully coming family members.

It's only a year later though, three years since Hunter was born, that we get a call, we''re a little shocked by how soon it is but, we've been matched with a perspective child!  Althea and I are shocked, but more than a little excited by it and are soon provided with a dossier of details.

We've been picked by a young teen who has found herself unexpectedly pregnant. She's actually already six months along and expecting a Baby Girl. Her first family choice ended up not working out as they changed their minds on wanting a closed adoption and wanted an open one instead which did not work for her. Thankfully, she found us and believe we will be a good fit for her baby. The three of us get along well, and share a few common interests - cooking, horror movies and then reading Tolkien - which makes her feel more comfortable with the situation and soon enough we have everything signed and prepped and in just three months you'll be bringing home a new bundle of joy!

During the first month after we find out we set to work, including our kids of course, to setting up rooms for our coming family member. This beautiful nursery! It's just thing for out little princess to come.

Finally the time comes and our little princess is born and we honestly cannot believe it. She's brought over to us and with her Brown Hair and Hazel Eyes, we know the name we picked for her is perfect, she's out little Sloane Amaryllis Joy Talbot-Godfrey and once we bring her home we have a small welcome party, just us, Jackson, Dash, Lavender, Leah, Lydia and Hunter, plus our parents, Lana, Ennis, Jasper come and meet Sloane, seeing myself surrounded by my family, Sloane to my parents and I feel my heart swell and I know now that my family is complete, and a sense of peace comes over me as I realize that somehow I truly did manage to have it all. An amazing fulfilling career and a family full of so much light and love. I couldn't be happier.

The Talbot-Godfrey Families

DW: Romy Pepper Talbot-Godfrey [38] [Blonde Hair & Brown Eyes] [Restaurateur]

DW: Althea Laken Talbot-Godfrey [37] [Red Hair & Brown Eyes] [Food Critic]

DS1: Jackson Louis Ramsay Talbot-Godfrey [10] [Blonde Hair & Blue Eyes]

DAS1: Dashiell Sirius Garrick Talbot-Godfrey [7] [Blonde Hair & Green Eyes]

DD1: Lavender Elizabella Isolde Talbot-Godfrey [5] [Blonde Hair & Hazel Eyes] [IT]

DD2: Leah Silvia Minerva Talbot-Godfrey [5] [Blonde Hair & Hazel Eyes] [IT]

DD3: Lydia Severina Aurelia Talbot-Godfrey [5] [Red Hair & Hazel Eyes]

DAS2: Hunter Landry Tanner Talbot-Godfrey [3] [Brown Hair & Blue Eyes]

DAD1: Sloane Amaryllis Joy Talbot-Godfrey [0] [Brown Hair & Hazel Eyes]

Dog: Atlas [Australian Shepherd, 11]

Dog: Vega [Shih Tzu, 11]

Romy and Althea Talbot-Godfrey; with Jackson, Dashiell, Lavender, Leah, Lydia & Hunter + Atlas & Vega

---------------------------------------

The Aurelia Family

DH: Tatum Flynn Aurelia [39]

DW: Charlize Garland Aurelia [39]

DD1: Tabitha Agnes Aurelia [10]

DD2: Flynn Isabella Aurelia [6]

DAS1: Dexter Ryan Aurelia [2]

(Adopted from South Korea)

Tatum and Charlize Aurelia; with Tabitha, Flynn & Dexter

#3 glitchinggecko

glitchinggecko

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,697 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, NFL, and F1.

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:49 AM

It has been a little under two years since you and Jack welcomed your youngest child into your home and while they were a surprise and unplanned, you would not change a thing about your life because having them in it just seems as the world was meant to be. Things have been good at work as well. Jack's book, was a roaring success and spent  three whole months on the top twenty of the New York Times Best Seller List and Jack has even been considering writing a second book about their experience between their time working in restaurants in their youth verse the world of being a food critic and how they both are similar yet differ. Then on your end, you've opened your second restaurant location, its a little less high brow then your first restaurant and focuses on being somewhere that is young child friendly while still offering elegant and delicious food for parents of young children who typically never get to eat at these kinds of locations due to the stigma of having small children in restaurants. It's been a huge success concept wise appeared with its duel menu of kids favorites and then aged up versions of the dishes for the parents. In addition you've recently  had both of your restaurants featured on Kid in a Candy Store, and it's increased business at both locations, not to mention the notoriety, you've moved up from contestant to part-time judge and have been featured on Masterchef multiple times as a judge and couldn't be more thankful.

Things have been good, in fact they really can't be better. Your kids are all thriving and seem to have miraculous hobbies and passions galore which has both you and Jack tickled pink, glad to see your own fervor and passionate spirits have been passed to your kids. JR is becoming very proficient at piano whilst Archer is already reading at a 3rd grade level!
Luke is very good at drawing, Leo is a yellow belt in karate and Maggie is a whizz on the tablet.

--------------

In fact with everyone so to and fro, you kind of miss having a little one around, but you consider your age and worry pregnancy now might not be the best of things despite your desire for more children, you decide not to bring it up to Jack and just go about your business when one day you meet a couple dining at - second restaurant- with their kids and compliment them on just how well-behaved and cute their kids happen to be, you start talking with them, discussing both your own children, career and life as well as theirs and find out that in fact they adopted their youngest child from Poland. They talk to you about how fulfilling adoption has been in their life and much they adore their youngest child, you send them a free dessert in the end, exchange numbers and plan to set up a play date with your children.

You end up going home and researching a bit about adoption, nothing much comes of it at first, but one day a few weeks later, Jack notices you on a site and asks you about it and you admit to them that the idea of adoption has been intriguing you since you met the Columba family who have been over a few times for playdates and then once or twice for dinner in the past few weeks and becoming quick friends of yours.

You and Jack go over the pros and cons of adoption and adding on to your family.

In the end though, you decide that you do want to peruse adoption as you'd like to provide a loving, caring and financially secure home to a child in need and you know you have the room in your heart just gaping for another child to love and care for and cannot think of a better way to fill that space.

After some discussion you and Jack decide on international adoption for your own adoption.

You and Jack contact an agency and once you meet with them, you have to go over a few choices regarding your application, getting a home visit and having some check ups and the likes, you express some preferences to them afterwards. After your discussion you find out it'll probably take anywhere between two to four years for your adoption to process, and that's still just a maybe. Thus, you, Jack and the kids continue on with life feeling some excitement and waiting on your hopefully coming family members.

It's only a year later though, three years since youngest child was born, that you get a call, you're a little shocked by how soon it is but, you've been matched with a perspective child! You and Jack are shocked, but more than a little excited by it and are soon provided with a dossier of details.

Finally the time comes and you fly to Poland to pick up your newest additions and you honestly cannot believe it. You've changed the names for your children and given them more american first names and feel that they fit perfectly. Once you bring them home you have a small welcome party, just you, your kids, both your and [Jack]'s parents come and meet their newest relatives, seeing yourself surrounded by your family, from your newest additions to your parents you feel your heart swells and you know now that your family is complete, and a sense of peace comes over you as you realize that somehow you truly did manage to have it all. An amazing fulfilling career and a family full of so much light and love. You couldn't be happier.

Georgia 'Gia' Lena Mirosława is 3, Samuel 'Sam' Jakub Stanisław is 1 and Finnigan 'Finn' Kacper Jarosław is 0. Their biological parents were killed, and they had no other family in Poland. They all have black hair and blue eyes.

Delilah 'Dee' Rosemary Hall [39]
Jackson 'Jack' Rex Hall [34]

Jackson 'JR' Ramsey Charles Hall [8]
Archibald 'Archer' James Hall [6]
Lucas 'Luke' Marcus Theon Hall [4]
Leon 'Leo' Maximus Thor Hall [4]
Margot 'Maggie' Acacia Imogen Hall [3]
Georgia 'Gia' Lena Mirosława Hall [3]
Samuel 'Sam' Jakub Stanisław Hall [1]
Finnigan 'Finn' Kacper Jarosław Hall [0]

Harrison 'Harry' Reed Columba [40]
Cameron 'Cam' Lewis Columba [37]

Dexter 'Dex' Ryan Columba [7]
Olivia 'Olly' Faith Columba [5]
Isabella 'Izzy' Cleo Columba [3]

#4 Holloway

Holloway

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:42 AM

It has been a little under two years since you and Cooper welcomed your youngest child into your home and while they were a surprise and unplanned, you would not change a thing about your life because having them in it just seems as the world was meant to be. Things have been good at work as well. Cooper's book, Eating Your Work, was a roaring success and spent three whole months on the top twenty of the New York Times Best Seller List and Cooper has even been considering writing a second book about their experience between his time working in restaurants in his youth verse the world of being a food critic and how they both are similar yet differ. Then on your end, you've opened your second restaurant location, Rose Buds, its a little less high brow then your first restaurant and focuses on being somewhere that is young child friendly while still offering elegant and delicious food for parents of young children who typically never get to eat at these kinds of locations due to the stigma of having small children in restaurants. It's been a huge success concept wise appeared with its duel menu of kids favorites and then aged up versions of the dishes for the parents. In addition you've recently  had both of your restaurants featured on  Delicious Destinations, a famous cooking show!  and it's increased business at both locations, not to mention the notoriety, you've moved up from contestant to part-time judge and have been featured on Masterchef multiple times as a judge and couldn't be more thankful.

Things have been good, in fact they really can't be better. Your kids are all thriving and seem to have miraculous hobbies and passions galore which has both you and Cooper tickled pink, glad to see your own fervor and passionate spirits have been passed to your kids.

Thea is now 9 years old and loves to read, a passion she inherited from both her parents. She loves any and all kinds of books and quite often pulls adult books off of her parents bookshelves.

Eddie is 6 years old and has recently started playing the guitar, his aunt Sadie had seen that he showed an interest in hers when he was over and bought him  one for his birthday this year.

Arty and Att are 4 and Arty has started Karate and absolutely loves it he practices in the living room every night so he can be sure he remembers everything.

Att tried Karate with his brother but didn’t enjoy it, so when Arty signed up for Karate Att decided he would try swimming and now it’s hard to get him out of the water. He takes to it pretty naturally and has even learned to collect toys from the bottom of the pool

Maggie is going on 2 years old now and has a passion for drawing, she loves it when Thea reads to her and her favorite thing to do is to draw pictures of the stories Thea reads her.

In fact with everyone so to and fro, you kind of miss having a little one around, but you consider your age and worry pregnancy now might not be the best of things despite your desire for more children, you decide not to bring it up to Cooper and just go about your business when one day you meet a couple, Audrey Hope and Blake Dean Gaynor, dining at Rose Buds with their kids, Eloise Faith, Felix Henry, Georgia Winter and compliment them on just how well-behaved and cute their kids happen to be, you start talking with them, discussing both your own children, career and life as well as theirs and find out that in fact they adopted their youngest child from Poland. They talk to you about how fulfilling adoption has been in their life and much they adore their youngest child, Georgia Winter you send them a free dessert in the end, exchange numbers and plan to set up a play date with your children.

You end up going home and researching a bit about adoption, nothing much comes of it at first, but one day a few weeks later, Cooper notices you on a site and asks you about it and you admit to them that the idea of adoption has been intriguing you since you met Audrey and Blake who have been over a few times for playdates and then once or twice for dinner in the past few weeks and becoming quick friends of yours.

After some discussion you and Cooper decide on a Closed Domestic Adoption. You and Cooper contact an agency and once you meet with them, you have to go over a few choices regarding your application, getting a home visit and having some check ups and the likes. After your discussion you find out it'll probably take anywhere between two to four years for your adoption to process, and that's still just a maybe. Thus, you, Cooper and the kids continue on with life feeling some excitement and waiting on your hopefully coming family members.

It's only a year later though, three years since youngest child was born, that you get a call, you're a little shocked by how soon it is but, you've been matched with a perspective child! You and Cooper are shocked, but more than a little excited by it and are soon provided with a dossier of details.

You've been picked by a young teen who has found herself unexpectedly pregnant. She's actually already six months along and expecting twin girls. Her first family choice ended up not working out as they changed their minds on wanting - insert opposite of your adoption choice closed - and wanted the open instead which did not work for her. Thankfully, she found you guys and believe you will be a good fit for her babies. The three of you get along well, and share a few common interests - name them - which makes her feel more comfortable with the situation and soon enough you have everything signed and prepped and in just three months you'll be bringing home two new bundles of joy!

Thea and Maggie now share a room, Arty and Att have upgraded to a room with big boy beds, Skye and Sloane will share a nursery, while Eddy gets a room to himself

Delilah Clove Benedict nee Thierfelder

Blonde hair Green eyes

Cooper Thorne Benedict

Red hair brown eyes

Thea Joyce Soyer Benedict 10

Red hair Hazel eyes

Edmund Cole Jackson Benedict "Eddy"  7

Blonde hair Hazel eyes

Arthur Magnus Nero Benedict "Arty" and Atticus Theon Marius Benedict "Att" 5

Blonde hair brown eyes and Red hair green eyes

Margot Dove Connelly Benedict "Maggie" 3

Red Hair and Green Eyes

Sloane Jade Oriana Benedict and Skye Ruth Amaryllis Benedict

Black Hair Brown eyes and Blonde Hair Hazel Eyes 

Venus

Nova

#5 brimariiee

brimariiee

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts
  • Interests:My son, diamond painting, reading, exploring with my family

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:32 PM

Your name is Piper Sage Chamberlin, you have black hair and hazel eyes and you're 24 years old. You're an up and coming pastry chef in one of NYC's hottest restaurants - Le Cirque. You have graduated at the top of your class at Le Cordon Bleu in France and nothing has ever gotten in the way of your dream to become a world wide known name in the pastry circuit. Not family, not friends and most certainly not love. You have no time for any of those as they're all distractions towards your life goal.

One night while you're at work your head chef tells you that a patron wishes to speak to you out in the dining room. You tell him you're too busy, but he insists you go out and speak to this customer as it is very urgent. You sigh and throw your apron to him before walking out of the kitchen and over to a table where you see one of the most attractive looking persons you have ever seen. They have blue eyes and blonde hair and are dressed to the nines in designer fashion. You do not recognize them and figure they are some prissy rich heir. As you walk over, a forced pleasant smile on your face the last thing you expect is the cockiest of grins on their face before they point blank inform you of just how terrible they think your dessert is.

You're stunned. No one has ever spoken to you like this or challenged your cooking skills. You retort back and cause a scene in front of the whole room, demanding that they take back their comment and who did they even think they were to insult you in such a way! He simply smiles vivaciously and informs you that they are Christopher Nash Grenon. You're stunned, they're the newest food critic for the New York Times. You demand that they try something else that this must have been a fluke. They only laugh and walk out. You're infuriated and storm back into the kitchen. 

Once you get home you research more about Chris and find out everything he loves and hates and it turns out the fennel panna cotta would have never worked as the critic despises anise. You also find out that they are one of the cities hottest bachelors, they're 24 years old.  You work tirelessly for hours to create three perfect desserts based on his favorite flavors - chocolate, pomegranate and Aztec chocolate, and caramel.  You use all your contacts and find out where he lives and at three am that very same night you show up at their apartment.

You knock on his door until they answer and make your demand - that they try your new desserts before they send in their review of your restaurant. At first they are reluctant, but they notice the spark in your eyes and let you in. You watch them devour your desserts in silence before they ask you to leave. You ask what he thought, but they refuse to tell you and say that you will find out in next week's paper. You go home feeling worried.

You spend the next week on edge - worried about the paper, but also thankful your boss did not fire you for your altercation in the dining room. When the day finally comes you come into work and are greeted with applause and a giant mash of hugs from your colleagues. The review was spectacular and the highlight of it your desserts. Chris goes into detail after detail and you get flustered as you read the copy of the paper shoved into your hand - you feel your heart flutter and your knees go weak. You only come back to the world when you're told you have a phone call for you and its from Chris!

You pick up and they do the one thing you never expected them to do... Ask you out on a date! You're stunned into silence for a few moments, but you do say yes and agree to meet him at their apartment on your next day off. Suddenly, the prospect of love does not seem so frivolous after all.

You have been seeing Chris for only a year, but it has been a whirlwind romance from your very first date! On said date he showed up to Le Cirque to pick you up from work and he even brought you white lilies. From there he took you out to do a very upscale date; it was to a little hole in the wall with fantastic food and you two had a fantastic time. You had so much in common - we both love kids, have a great sense of humor, and love to travel. After your date he takes you for a walk through Central Park and the two of you discuss your desires, hopes and dreams together. His love of writing and food and your own wish to one day open your own restaurant one day. The next thing you notice and the sun is coming up, you two have spent all night out in the park just talking. Since then you take every one of your days off and spend it with Chris. As much as you have worried in the past that having a relationship might do damage to your career you find that since you started seeing Chris your palate had become better and you're working harder than before to strive for your dreams because now you have someone to share it with and that someone appreciates your drive and passion.

Your relationship moves fast in that first year and you honestly have no idea how you have lived your life without Chris as a part of it. On the morning of your one year anniversary, Chris wakes you up with breakfast in bed featuring the three flavors of the desserts you fed to him the night you first met - chocolate, pomegranate and Aztec chocolate, and caramel. Then you notice a box on the breakfast tray and open it up to to reveal an engagement ring! It is a beautiful Vintage Engagement Ring. You say yes without any hesitation and cannot believe how excited you are to be engaged to Chris. However your realize you have so much to do! It takes you and Chris a whole year in and of itself to plan the wedding, but by the time it's done you know it is perfect, the wedding you have always dreamed of.

You've both been so busy picking the theme and colors and choosing all the goes into a wedding but you think you may finally have it down, even if it is a little mismatched since everyone wanted something different! You had your dress picked out from the minute he proposed, a beautiful Vintage Wedding Dress. Chris wanted a French Rose, Orange, & Pink color theme and you both wanted daffodils for the flower arrangements! Chris picks out the most handsome suit - Red and White Suit. The bridesmaids had the most beautiful Light Blue Dresses and the Groomsmen looked dashing in Steel Grey Suits. Everyone wanted the wedding to be a large affair in a small church. You knew that there was no way that anyone, but yourself was going to make your wedding cake and so you worked tirelessly on it until you had a wonderful Traditional Wedding Cake.

Finally the day came and Chris and you were married! Your head chef - Sirio Maccioni -  insisted he cook the meal for you both and it was spectacular and was focused on chocolate, pomegranate and Aztec chocolate, and caramel. The meal was divine! Your father walked you down the isle and Chris' best man even cried as you said your vows! The guests were surprised at how the wedding turned out with so many different styles but everyone agreed that it fit perfectly! There were lots of pictures taken! As the day came to a close everyone went to take a well deserved rest.

The very next day, Chris and you left on your honeymoon to Barcelona.  You both spent two weeks there having a blast - you tried all the local food, went to the Boqueria market, visited a Cava Vineyard, took a few dance classes, and just toured the area.

It has been two years since you and Chris married and went off on your extravagant honeymoon together. You have been living together in his apartment ever since your return back into the city, but recently the two of you have been considering moving out of the city and onto Long Island so that you could start a family there. You know this means both you and Chris will need to commute to work from now on, but both of you want your future children to grow up with a backyard and in a community instead of in a city like Chris had and did not enjoy.

You two visit some different areas on the island and finally decided on Syosset. You both take some more time and absolutely fall in love with one home, House #4, it is gorgeous and another reason you and Chris love it is because it's spacious, has a beautiful view, and a nice modern layout. It is a little out of your price range, but you and Chris decide that it is a worthy investment. Chris and yourself made a bid and it is accepted the next day, it turns out that the previous owners are going through a divorce and want to get everything settled quickly, so within a month you and Chris are able to purchase the home and even move into it!

Now, that you have a home of your own and not an apartment, both you and Chris have always wanted pets and decide that now is the time to make a move on it and get a pet! You both settle on Cat, but there is one problem. You cannot agree on a breed! You would like a maine coon and Chris would like munchkin. You both try and make a choice, convince your spouse as they try to convince you that your pick is better. Finally, you both come to unanimous agreement - you'll get both!

It takes you another month to find a reputable breeder for each breed, but the good thing is they have only a medium sized waiting list, but each are currently expecting half a dozen litters in the next two months and they should just be able to fill the waiting list and have two or three kittens available still meaning you can get one despite the short notice. The time comes sooner rather than later and your kittens are born only three days apart and you end up with little ones of the same gender - female. You decide to name them in a matching theme - List #6. You both are so excited and spend most of your time when you're not at work playing or codling Meadow (maine coon) and Clover (munchkin). 

It's a good thing that you both got Meadow and Clover because they've been great experience! So much so that you and Chris decide to maybe its time to have your first baby. You begin to try for a baby. It takes six months, but you fall pregnant and you and Chris could not be more thrilled! As the pregnancy progresses you and Chris find out that you're expecting a baby boy. After you and Chris spend weeks setting up the perfect nursery for your little one and it looks absolutely stunning - Nursery #6.

The time finally arrives and your baby is born. The pregnancy was rough as tasting food for work wasn't the same but the natural unmedicated birth went smoothly.

Your baby is perfect with ten fingers and ten toes and healthy as a horse. You cannot believe that you and Chris are going to have such an amazing little person in your life. They're the cutest baby in the world -not that you're biased or anything- and have black hair and hazel eyes. You and Chris have had a lot of time to think about it and decide to give the baby Cooper as a first name. You and Chris had a much harder time picking a middle name for your little one - Chris wanted to name them after a famous writer, but you wanted to name them for a famous chef. In the end, you two decided to give your baby two middle names, double the honor and inspiration. Cooper Anthony Michael Grenon was what you decide and as soon as you look at your baby, you know that this is the name for them. You and Chris are absolutely in love with your little one.

It has been two years since you and Chris welcomed Cooper. Things have been going well and both you and Chris have been recently promoted in your jobs - the only problem is, you're not very happy at work anymore. You're tired of working for someone else's vision and want to orchestrate your own dreams and desires for all things culinary. You decide to talk to Chris about it and they support you full on your passion and drive, offering to help you as much as they can. You speak with your employer - Sirio and while they are sad to see you go, they understand and implore you for your drive and promise to assist you as you are one of their favorite protege's. They lead you to possible investors, people to talk to for advice and assistance in garnering the location and products you need. It helps that just last year you won a ICAP Award so people know who you are and trust that you have a lot of potential in the industry.

It takes you the rest of the year, but you draw up a plan, get proper investors and save up enough of your own money to finally buy a place. You even have a name picked out - Haca and it will feature a simple and light French menu and be more about the pastries and desserts than anything else. You've even invented two special desserts for the menu, one for Chris and one for Cooper and it is made of their favorite flavor, pumpkin (Chris) and mint chocolate chip (Cooper). Haca is in Syosset and you're a little more than thrilled to have a much shorter commute to work than when you worked at Le Cirque in the city.

It has been a full three years now since you and Chris welcomed Cooper and you feel it might be time to give them another sibling. You begin to try for a baby. It takes a lot less time and only after two months, but you fall pregnant and you and Chris could not be more excited. You explain to Cooper that they're going to become a big brother and they are feeling upset and you're concerned by their reaction.

As the pregnancy progresses you and Chris find out that you're expecting a baby girl, you inform Cooper of the baby's gender and they are jealous. Due to Cooper's reaction you and Chris decide to let them help out with the nursery and let them pick a theme of patterns. After that you all assemble what you need to make the nursery for the new baby. It takes weeks setting it up, but the nursery comes out just as planned - Nursery #3 - and Cooper is now very excited about the baby.

The time finally arrives and your second baby is born. This pregnancy went a lot smoother followed by another smooth natural unmedicated birth.

Your baby is perfect with ten fingers and ten toes and healthy as a horse. You cannot believe that you and Chris are going to have such an amazing little person in your life. They have blonde hair and hazel eyes. You and Chris have had a lot of time to think about it and decide to give the baby Amber as first name. You and Chris remember how much of a stress it was picking the middle name for Cooper and decide earlier in the pregnancy so you actually flipped a coin and you go with Chris' choice. You and Chris are happy with the name as when you look down at your button nosed newborn, it feels right to call them Amber Dylan Grenon.

The moment finally comes when you introduce Cooper to Amber and despite all prior reactions you worry for a second that something might go wrong, but thankfully Cooper is all wide eyed wonder and glee when looking to Amber. They ask to hold Amber and Chris helps them become situated and to hold the baby and the four of you sit together as a family and you feel entirely blessed.  You only hope the future holds things as bright as they are now in the days to come.

It has been two years since you and Chris have welcomed Amber into your home. As many people say, it has been a lot harder with two than with one, but you expected it and honestly both you and Chris love being parents even more than you love anything else you have ever done and you can only imagine how your 24 year old self would have felt back then if you told them that. They probably would have laughed at you.

Haca has been very good and you have never not had a fully booked Thursday-Sunday since it opened and just last month Chris got promoted to senior food critic and editor at The New York Times. The influx of money has been helpful in living in Long Island which is quite the expensive town. You've even been able to add quite a chunk of money to the college funds you have set up for Cooper and Amber. As you and Chris have been doing so well, not to mention you feel like the house is a little empty with Cooper starting kindergarten - you and Chris have decided to expand your family with another little one.

However, you experience a little trouble and when you attempt to conceive and so you visit your doctor and they recommend you try a round of fertility treatment injects since it seems your cycle is a little off. You and Chris do as your doctor advises and three months later you find out you're pregnant with multiples! - triplets. You feel a little overwhelmed, but are more excited than you are nervous as you and Chris want to have a large family. 

As the pregnancy progresses you and Chris find out that you're expecting two boys and a girl. You inform Cooper and Amber about the gender of their expected little siblings. Cooper wanted all boys and Amber didn't care either way.  You both were thankful neither were upset. You decide that the babies will share a room for the first year or two to make it easier on you and Chris for late night feedings, changing and other things. You set up a beautiful nursery for them - Mixed Nursery. While fixing up a room for the new babies you decide it would be maybe a good idea and re-do the other bedrooms in the house. You don't want to make Cooper and Amber feel left out so you let them each pick out themes for their rooms - Micky Mouse Bedroom and Red Room. You and Chris also redo your room to fit your tastes Traditional . You then decided not to leave out anyone so you, Cooper, and Amber redid a little area by the stairs for Meadow and Clover - Cat area. You, Chris and your children have a very fun time fixing up the house.

The time finally arrives and your babies are born. Chris was there while my parents watched Cooper and Amber.

As you look at your babies and hold them for the first time you feel a tug in your heartstrings. You love them so much already and you could not imagine your life without each and every one of them. You and Chris named them with a coordinating theme since they were multiples and picked out the names that begin with L: Leo, Lincoln, and Luna. Leo has blonde hair and hazel eyes, Lincoln has black hair and hazel eyes, and Luna has blonde hair and blue eyes.

Chris graduated from NYU with a minor in Classical Civilizations and has been in love with history since he was a small child. When you were expecting this time he asked if you would be alright letting him pick the babies middle names from some of his favorites he has run into in stories/research/history. You ask him to run the names by you and you have to admit that there is a sort of charm to them and decide you will use them. Their full names are Leo Felix Augustus Grenon, Lincoln Cyrus Horatio Grenon, and Luna Juno Felicia Grenon.

As you watch Cooper and Amber  smile, make faces and wave fingers at their little siblings while they sleep in their hospital bassinets. You just know that your children will be close and be able to rely on one another which is what you have always wished for as you were not close with your siblings until after the birth of Cooper. Though you know the coming months with multiple newborns/infants will be stressful you relish the challenge as you know the benefits will far outweigh the sleepless nights and hectic days.

It has been a little under a year since you and Chris welcomed your multiples into your home and while it's been hectic, you and Chris would not have life any other way. Things have been good at work as well. Chris has just sent off their first book - The Voice In My Mouth - to the publish and it has been approved and will be coming out for publication very soon. Then on your end, you recently appeared on IronChef America on the Food Network, and it's increased business at Haca by tenfold. Unfortunately, a big wrench has been thrown into your life despite all the good news.....You are pregnant.

You're totally shocked, you thought the two of you were being more careful, after all your multiples aren't even a year old and have another three months before they turn a year old. While you and Chris want to have a big family, this seems a little quick in succession after you have had your multiples just under a year ago! While the news is disconcerting, you and Chris still feel that you want to have this baby in your life and though it delays for plans you had concerned your career - opening a second location - you don't have as much trepidation about it. You find the thought shocking for a moment because you know that before your life with Chris anything that could have delayed your career would have been devastating to your life.

As the pregnancy progresses you and Chris find out that you're expecting a girl. This pregnancy, while unexpected, is still a gift in your eyes and the eyes of your family. In fact, your dad (Victor William Chamberlin) sets up a magnificent baby shower and it was a total surprise to both you and Chris. It makes you feel a lot more at ease knowing how much familial support you and Chris have at this stage in your life. While it may make you wait longer for your career, you are at so much peace with it, with your new baby. The next three months breeze by and its time for you the multiples birthday party, it has a Three Peas In A Pod theme. Everyone plays tons of games and has a wonderful time, though, Leo got into a little trouble for running off on his own but everything else ran rather smoothly. 

After that, the time came and you and Chris set up a beautiful nursery for the baby - Unisex Nursery. It looks fantastic and you joke with Chris that after decorating all these nurseries maybe you missed your true calling as an interior designer. You both laugh as you each know that if you were not working in a kitchen, cooking and baking you would lose your mind. It brings a smile to your face knowing how much Chris truly does understand you and you rub your hand against your pregnant belly. You remark how compared to your previous pregnancies this pregnancy seems to be a little smoother, less morning sickness, late night cravings and back pain.

As the end of the pregnancy draws nearer and nearer, you start to notice Cooper is acting out more and more, just last night they stole Lincoln's stuffed lion and shredded it to bits with a pair of safety scissors, thankfully being a parent to 5 you make sure to have a bin of backups in your closet for their favorite stuffies, after giving Lincoln a new stuffed animal you and Chris had a stern talking to with them that night and Cooper seemed apologetic, but just today you received a phone call that they pulled the fire alarm while at school and are being suspended for a full week. You drive to the school and pick them up, feeling terribly embarrassed as you load them into the car. However, it does not stop there, when you leave them alone for one second to make lunch, you come back to find Luna crying and covered in blue paint with Cooper's hands covered in paint as well. You're frazzled, you put Cooper in timeout, but they seem gleeful.

You're at your wits end so you call your dad, Victor and they suggest maybe instead of just simply admonishing Cooper you try talking to them more about why they are doing what they're doing at the next instance if there happens to be one - of course there is one. At the end of the night right before bed, they pull on Amber's hair and make them cry. You separate the pair and have Chris comfort Amber while you sit Cooper down and try and talk to them, at first you get nothing, but finally, they break down in tears and hug you, asking you not to be mad and that they just want your attention and are worried that with so many younger siblings you and Chris will not want them anymore or love them. It breaks your heart. You promise Cooper that that will never, ever happen that you will love them no matter how many other siblings that they have. You promise them this and make an agreement that once a month you and Chris will pick a day just to be for the three of you. The first one will be in two weeks, after they are done being punished for their bad behavior and as long as they continue to behave from now on. It goes smoothly and you all end up having your first Mommy, Daddy and Cooper Day enjoying your time at the bowling alley. It's Cooper's first time and he loves learning a new activity.

Thank goodness that that is put behind you because just one week after that day you go into labor a week and a half early! The time finally arrives and your baby comes after a full twenty-three hours of grueling and intense, not to mention painful, labor. Chris was there as always with my parents watching the kids again. It was a rough unmedicated birth, the roughest yet.

As you look at your baby and hold her for the first time you feel a tug in your heartstrings. She has black hair and blue eyes. You love her so much and surprise or not, you just know this little one was meant to be a part of your family. You name them Ruby Snow Valentina Grenon and it fits her perfectly.

The ordeal of a near full day laboring has tuckered both you and Chris out and as you lay together on the hospital bed watching Cooper holding your new baby while Amber kisses the baby's head and Leo, Lincoln and Luna watch on with wide eyes while Chris' parents keep watchful eye on their beloved grandchild, the pair of you feel exhausted and end up falling asleep feeling more blissful then you ever have in your entire life watching your beloved children.

It has been a little under two years since you and Chris welcomed your youngest child into your home and while they were a surprise and unplanned, you would not change a thing about your life because having them in it just seems as the world was meant to be. Things have been good at work as well. Chris' book, The Voice In My Mouth, was a roaring success and spent  three whole months on the top twenty of the New York Times Best Seller List and Chris has even been considering writing a second book about their experience between their time working in restaurants in their youth verse the world of being a food critic and how they both are similar yet differ. Then on your end, you've opened your second restaurant location, Balanced Meal, its a little less high brow then your first restaurant and focuses on being somewhere that is young child friendly while still offering elegant and delicious food for parents of young children who typically never get to eat at these kinds of locations due to the stigma of having small children in restaurants. It's been a huge success concept wise appeared with its duel menu of kids favorites and then aged up versions of the dishes for the parents. In addition you've recently  had both of your restaurants featured on  No Reservations, a famous cooking show! It was nerve-wracking but, a lot of fun and it's increased business at both locations, not to mention the notoriety, you've moved up from contestant to part-time judge and have been featured on Guy's Grocery Games multiple times as a judge and couldn't be more thankful.

Things have been good, in fact they really can't be better. Your kids are all thriving and seem to have miraculous hobbies and passions galore which has both you and Chris tickled pink, glad to see your own fervor and passionate spirits have been passed to your kids.
Cooper is into hockey. Like any sport, it requires a lot of practice but he's a natural.
Amber is into reading. She just recently learned to read and always has a book in her hand.
Leo is into drums. He has a mini children's drum set and it's definitely his favorite toy.
Lincoln is into computer games. Sometimes we let him play games on the computer and that's his favorite place to be, he especially likes Minecraft.
Luna is into magic. She is constantly trying to learn new tricks to show the family.
Ruby is into piano. Like her brother Leo, she has a children's instrument that she's obsessed with but, hers is the piano.

In fact with everyone so to and fro, you kind of miss having a little one around, but you consider your age and worry pregnancy now might not be the best of things despite your desire for more children, you decide not to bring it up to Chris and just go about your business when one day you meet a couple, Logan Douglas and Scarlett Monroe Galla (nee Avita), dining at Balanced Meal with their kids; Olivia Monroe, Felix Ryan, Knox Flynn, and Magnolia "Maggie" Faith; and compliment them on just how well-behaved and cute their kids happen to be, you start talking with them, discussing both your own children, career and life as well as theirs and find out that in fact they adopted their youngest child from Cambodia. They talk to you about how fulfilling adoption has been in their life and much they adore their youngest child, you send them a free dessert in the end, exchange numbers and plan to set up a play date with your children.

You end up going home and researching a bit about adoption, nothing much comes of it at first, but one day a few weeks later, Chris notices you on a site and asks you about it and you admit to them that the idea of adoption has been intriguing you since you met Logan, Scarlett, Olivia, Felix, Knox, and Maggie who have been over a few times for playdates and then once or twice for dinner in the past few weeks and becoming quick friends of yours.

You and Chris go over the pros and cons of adoption and adding on to your family.

Pros: You get to expand the family more without the risks of another pregnancy, you're giving a home to a kid who needs one, and you're financially stable enough to do it compared to years ago when first starting a family.
Cons: You do miss pregnancy and would love to be able to carry another child and you worry if 7 kids will be too much to handle with busy, growing careers.

After some discussion you and Chris decide on a domestic adoption for your own adoption, because there are plenty of local kids who need homes as well.

You and Chris contact an agency and once you meet with them, you have to go over a few choices regarding your application, getting a home visit and having some check ups and the likes, you express some preferences to them afterwards. We decide to go for a closed adoption because we just aren't comfortable with an open one but are prepared to be open with our child when they are older. After your discussion you find out it'll probably take anywhere between two to four years for your adoption to process, and that's still just a maybe. Thus, you, Chris and the kids continue on with life feeling some excitement and waiting on your hopefully coming family members.

It's only a year later though, three years since youngest child was born, that you get a call, you're a little shocked by how soon it is but, you've been matched with a perspective child! You and Chris are shocked, but more than a little excited by it and are soon provided with a dossier of details.

You've been picked by a young teen who has found herself unexpectedly pregnant. She's actually already six months along and expecting a little boy. Her first family choice ended up not working out as they changed their minds on wanting a closed adoption and wanted the other one instead which did not work for her. Thankfully, she found you guys and believe you will be a good fit for her baby. The three of you get along well, and share a few common interests such as photography, hockey, and comedy which makes her feel more comfortable with the situation and soon enough you have everything signed and prepped and in just three months you'll be bringing home a new bundle of joy!

During the first month after you find out you set to work, including your kids of course, to setting up rooms for your coming family member.
Cooper's room, Amber's room, Leo&Lincoln's room, Luna&Ruby's room, and Rylan's room

Finally the time comes and your baby is  born and you honestly cannot believe it. You've chosen the name for your child and feel that it fits perfectly. His name is Rylan William Neo Grenon and he has blonde hair and hazel eyes and once you bring them home you have a small welcome party, just you, your kids, both your and Chris' parents and siblings come and meet their newest relative, seeing yourself surrounded by your family, from your newest addition to your parents you feel your heart swells and you know now that your family is complete, and a sense of peace comes over you as you realize that somehow you truly did manage to have it all. An amazing fulfilling career and a family full of so much light and love. You couldn't be happier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Piper and Chris with Cooper, Amber, Leo, Lincoln, Luna, Ruby, Rylan

and furbabies Clover and Meadow

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Story CAF, Round 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users