Planning...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Alyse_*

Guest_Alyse_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

My boyfriend and I at BIG planners. We are not old enoug to get married, but sconce we are planners we have everything after high school planned out on life. EXCEPT for babies names. Twins run in his family(he is one) and I have a few in mine. So...WDYT of our names we have picked out(last name will be Black).

B/B Twins: Adam Beck and Alec Beau
G/G Twins: Aubrey Cate and Austen Claire
B/G Twins: Aiden Eli and Adalyn Elise

B: Beckett "Beck" Rhys
G: Brynlee "Brynn" Reagan

WDYT? Suggestions welcomed. :)

#2 SPKandZAK

SPKandZAK

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

The whole "twins run inthe family" thing is a myth. Identical twins, when one egg splits into two, are purely chance. Fraternal twins are based strictly on the mother. If the mother hyperovulates, drops two eggs instead of one, then you would get fraternal twins. The dad's family has absolutely nothing to do with twins and sometimes hyperovulation runs inthe mothers family, but other times it's just your body. Haha sorry about that rant, I just want you to know your facts.

B/B:
Adam is very cute. Beck is definitely not for me. Especially with the last name Black! Alec and Beau are both nice names, but Alec kind of rhymes with Black. The full name doesn't flow well.

B/G: Aiden is really cute, but super popular. Eli is good name. Aiden Eli Black doesn't have an amazing flow, but it's alright. I love Adalyn! The nicknames Ada and Addy are adorable. Elise is a cute middle name. Aiden and Adalyn are pretty close though.

G/G: Aubrey Cate is cute. I like it. Austen Claire is not my style. Austen is wayy to masculine. Claire is just alright.

B: Beckett is alright. The nickname Beck is horrible though and it sounds really really bad with the lat name Black. Rhys is cute.

G: Brynlee is cute, a's well a's the nickname Brynn. Again, it sounds horrible with the last name Black though! Reagan is cute.

G/G Name Suggestions:
Aubrey Cate and Adalyn Claire
Aubrey Cate and Audra Claire
Aubrey Cate and Audriana Claire
Aubrey Cate and Auden Claire
Aubrey Cate and Aurelie Claire
Aubrey Cate and Augusta Claire
Aubrey Cate and Aura Claire
Aubrey Cate and Aurora Claire
Aubrey Cate and Alexis Claire
Aubrey Cate and Ashton/Ashtyn Claire
Aubrey Cate and Avery Claire
Aubrey Cate and Ariel Claire
Aubrey Cate and Adrian/Adrienne Claire
Aubrey Cate and Annalee Claire
Aubrey Cate and Arden Claire
Aubrey Cate and Aleah Claire
Aubrey Cate and Autumn Claire
Aubrey Cate and Alyssa Claire
Aubrey Cate and Aria Claire
Aubrey Cate and Aimee/Amy Claire
Aubrey Cate and Alison Claire
Aubrey Cate and Addison Claire

Like any?

Names instead of Beckett:
Bennett
Oliver
Brennan
Trenton
Camden
Jude
Braxton
Rylan
Jonah
Grant
Tripp
Holden
Declan
Miles
Brady
Brody
Maxwell
Colin
Hudson
Asher
Jonas
Cyrus
Jace
Ryder
Micah
Easton
Weston
Bryson
Greyson
Nolan
Cooper
Parker
Bentley
Dominic
Kyler
Ryatt/Riot
Felix
Finn
Dawson
Brantley
Malik
Jett
Leland
Cohen
Kellan
Caledon
Milo
Waylon
Brooks
River
Knox
Phoenix
Emerson
Archer
Porter
Solomon
Lionel
Ryland
Ronan
Finnegan
Makai
Jacoby

Like any?

Hope this helped! Congrats and GL!

#3 Guest_Alyse_*

Guest_Alyse_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:22 AM

We like Aubrey Cate and Autumn Claire!:) instead of Bennett we like Brennan, Dominic, and Finnegan(got any names like Finnegan, still with the nickname Finn?).

#4 gcollier_2004

gcollier_2004

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

I found these names that might help you: Befinn, Crofinn, Dagfinn, Muirfinn, Thorfinn, Torfinn, Finley, Finnian, and Griffin. I like Griffin out of all of those!! Good Luck!

#5 Guest_Alyse_*

Guest_Alyse_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

I like Griffin! Thanks!

#6 gcollier_2004

gcollier_2004

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

Your welcome!!! I like it too!!!

#7 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Just to put it out there, I'm not a fan of alliterative names. In my personal opinion, they sound a bit sing-songy. So Beckett "Beck" Black and Brynlee "Brynn" Black are not my personal favorites, just due to the fact that both the first and last names start with B.

Also, I don't think Alec Black has the best flow. Both Alec and Black end in the "ck" sound, which sounds a bit repetitive to me. Adam Black is very handsome though.

Aside from these points, I think Aubrey Cate and Austen Claire are nice combos that sound good with Black. Although Austen with this spelling reminds me of Jane Austen, it sounds too masculine to me.

Aiden Eli and Adalyn Elise are both lovely names, but I think they are a tad too similar for siblings. I love both combos, just separately.

#8 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Hehe, me and my boyfriend are the same way :) I'm honestly a bit more of a planner than he, but he enjoys listening and will give me input while I tell him things. Though technically we are old enough to get married, and we both have secure jobs and a fair income... but eh. We are pretty young anyway ;) I wish twins were as easy as running in the family! Then you could just know... though I suppose the surprise is nice for many! Though tbh we don't want twins together. Way to much work haha! :P Even though you can't plan out twins.. you can still plan out amazing sibling names! <3

So, all these names with his surname, Black? I just want to point out I'm not a fan of alliterative names.. so any B names wont be my style :( Sorry in advance!

Adam is a handsome, traditional name. Its not on my list, but a fabulous boys name! Adam Beck is alright, though as you know I wouldn't be a fan of Adam Beck Black. Alec Beau is nice though. Again, don't care for Beau black. I'm personally not a fan of how they flow together, but Alec and Beau are two very handsome names!

Aubrey Cate is a beautiful name, I like it! I think Aubrey Black clashes slightly, but not too bad. Aubrey Cate Black is lovely. Austen Claire is okay, though Austen is all boy to me, sorry! Its on my boys list. Claire is a lovely name though.

Aiden Eli is alrighty, I love both names individually. Aiden Black sounds very nice though! I really like it. Adalyn Elise is nice. I think Elise is just gorgeous <3 Adalyn is nice, I like nick name Addie/Addy.

Beckett is nice, I'm always back and forth on it. I'm not sure why.. I like it and all, but I guess I just have other names on my list that surpass it. I do like it a lot though!! I love Rhys, its just so handsome! I can't decide if I love it or if I love it, haha. Rhys Black would sound fairly nice. WDYT of Aiden Rhys Black? That'd be nice!!

Brynlee Reagan is also nice :) I do like Reagan though Brynlee isn't my personal style.

Would you like me to suggest non-B names that would flow well with Black? Or are you aiming for alliterative names? My favorite name patterns are subtle ones :) Like names that both mean happiness, or are both the same style (old fashioned, traditional, 1950's names, etc), or names from a book.. you know? :) I think they make awesome siblings! (like Eloise and Harriet would make great siblings, both old fashioned and all. Or Thomas and Sarah, or Bliss and Caroline [both meaning happy]). Idk, wdyt? lemme know and I'll try and suggest things your looking for!

I adore the previous suggestion of Griffin. Griffin Black would be super handsome!

#9 Guest_Alyse_*

Guest_Alyse_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

Suggestions are great!!! We LOVE Aiden Rhys!!!

#10 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

Alrighty! Is there any specific styles you'd like on your list or anything? :)

Kenna
Rosie
Stella / Estella
Talia
Eliana
Layla / Lila
Giana
Alia
Veronica
Alessia
Natalie
Cadence
Tatum
Rory
Hattie
Avery

Ryder
Deacon
Maddox
Gunner
Holden
Nathaniel
Oliver
Toby
Alexander
Camden
Everett / Rhett
Alden
Christian
Declan

I have a few different styles in there.. idk :) Any you like? Or no? <3

#11 Guest_Alyse_*

Guest_Alyse_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

We like Tatum, Avery, Holden, Alexander, Everett, and Christian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users