Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Names
    Reading
    Writing

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:00 AM

I recently heard the name Emerson and I like it a lot as it goes well with all of my other favorite names (Grayson, Benjamin, Jackson) but I went to look this name up online and continuously found entries as a girl name.  Was I incorrect in my assumption that this was a masculine name?  It is unisex or is it a primarily feminine name?  Thanks for the help, by the way I am not expecting a child I was just curious.  What do you think of this name (Or any name I have mentioned) in general.  Have a nice day/morning/afternoon/night

#2 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:02 AM

I would use it on a boy however many people use it on a girl in some form or another.

#3 Annie S.

Annie S.

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:29 AM

I may not be right on this, but I believe that Emerson was originally a boy's name. It is one if those names that girls have just started to use, and I really like it on both genders.
I think that if you like it on a boy, then use it on a boy. It is a name that some girls are using, but it is still usable for either gender. It is a great name for a baby boy!
P.S. The three others names that you listed are nice too. Benjamin is my favorite of those three.

#4 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:31 AM

Ending in -son, it was originally a male surname. But now the girls have it at #211 on the US Social Security popularity list and the boys have it at #329. That would qualify it as unisex, still completely usable for a boy.

#5 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:59 PM

I adored it for a boy for the longest. But I agree it works well for either gender.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gender, unisex, emerson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users