• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BellaBoo

BellaBoo

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:The Boston Bruins. Harry Potter. My best friends. Country Music. London. Baby Names :)

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:56 PM

The last thing I need is to be starting another story, but this one is close to my heart so I can't help it.

It's about four Irish-American families in Boston during sometime between the 90's and today. It focuses mainly on the young adults in the families, but also has some of the parents as well. I need names for the children though.

I need names for:

1) Wealthy daughter of a politician who is a first generation Irish American. Went to prep school and a private college. Naïve. Stuck up. Pretty and preppy. Country clubber. 21 years old. Brother named Ronan and Sister Quinn
First names: Sinead, Margaret, Erin, Bevin, Anne-Marie
Last name: McGowan
2) “Bad Girl”. Tough. Dark hair. Works at the bar owned by her father. Wears tight clothes, short skirts. Has a bad reputation but is actually nice. 22 years old. Only child. Doesn't get along with her parents at all.
First names: Shannon, Fiona, Ciara/Kiera, Tara, Colleen
Last name: Hennessey
3) “Good girl”. Comes from a big, well-known family. Only daughter with 4 brothers. Kind of quiet at first. Clumsy. Protected by her brothers and uncle, overlooked by her parents. Dad owns a liquor store where she works. 18 years old (just turned 18). Just graduated high school. Smart. Brothers are Declan, Aiden, Brogan and Corey. Her uncle Mickey (a 24 year old cop) is also a main character.
First names: Alana, Brenna, Rose, Grace, Mara, Ava, Aislin, Cameron
Last names: Callahan, Connolly, Sullivan, Nolan
4) “Bad boy”. Mother left when he was little, father and older brother left when he was about 20/21. Lives alone in his childhood house. Been in trouble with police since he was 13/14 years old. Falls in with the wrong crowd, but mainly because that’s all he knows and no one else will give him a chance. About 23 years old.
First names: Finn, James nn Jimmy
Last names: O’Rourke, Keefe

Any other name suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance!

-Dani

#2 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:17 PM

Out of your choices I like:

1) Sinead McGowan
2) Fiona Hennessey
3) Brenna Callahan
4) Finn O’Rourke

Other Irish names I like:

Girls: Saoirse, Siobhan, Keira, Niamh, Aileen, Eithne

Boys: Seamus, Sean, Declan

#3 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:08 AM

1) Hmm. I like Sinead McGowan. Other names:
-Roisin
-Siobhan
-Kaylee
-Niamh
-Olivia
-Ailey
-Hailey
-Erica

2) Love Colleen, Shannon and Tara.

-Alexia
-Carly
-Bridget
-Jodie
-Phoebe
-Kate
-Adele
-Miranda nn. Mandy
-Caitlin nn. Cate
-Sorrel
-Paige

3) Love Brenna, Grace and Ava. Like Callahan the best of the sn. ;]

-Josie
-Penelope nn. Penie
-Rhiannon
-Anneliese nn. Anna
-Marie
-Sophia
-Amelie nn. Ami
-Naomi
-Nicolette nn. Nikki
-Alexandria nn. Andria
-Christianna nn. Anna
-Bryony
-Emmaline nn. Emmy
-Danielle
-Hailey
-Isobel
-Kimberly nn. Kimmy
-Justine

4) LOVE both Finn and James, but dont like nn. Jimmy.

Maybe O'Keefe?

#4 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:06 PM

1) Wealthy daughter of a politician who is a first generation Irish American. Went to prep school and a private college. Naïve. Stuck up. Pretty and preppy. Country clubber. 21 years old. Brother named Ronan and Sister Quinn
First names: Sinead
Last name: McGowan
2) “Bad Girl”. Tough. Dark hair. Works at the bar owned by her father. Wears tight clothes, short skirts. Has a bad reputation but is actually nice. 22 years old. Only child. Doesn't get along with her parents at all.
First names: Kiera
3) “Good girl”. Comes from a big, well-known family. Only daughter with 4 brothers. Kind of quiet at first. Clumsy. Protected by her brothers and uncle, overlooked by her parents. Dad owns a liquor store where she works. 18 years old (just turned 18). Just graduated high school. Smart. Brothers are Declan, Aiden, Brogan and Corey. Her uncle Mickey (a 24 year old cop) is also a main character.
First names: Rose==I think this name should be really girly since it is the only chance her parents got to name a girl.
Last names: Callahan
4) “Bad boy”. Mother left when he was little, father and older brother left when he was about 20/21. Lives alone in his childhood house. Been in trouble with police since he was 13/14 years old. Falls in with the wrong crowd, but mainly because that’s all he knows and no one else will give him a chance. About 23 years old.
First names: James nn Jimmy
Last names: Keefe

#5 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:38 PM

1. Anne-Marie McGowen
2. Fiona Hennessey
3. I like Alana Grace (one name) Nolan
4. Finn O'Rourke

Good luck!

#6 BellaBoo

BellaBoo

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:The Boston Bruins. Harry Potter. My best friends. Country Music. London. Baby Names :)

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:05 PM

After much deliberation, I've decided on names for the McGowan and Hennessey families.
Ed and Gloria McGowan have Ronan, Orla and Sinead.
Ken and Tara Hennessey have Keira.

I'm still deciding between Finn and Jimmy O'Rourke. He's the son of Billy and Laurie and the younger brother of Will (William Jr.).

The Callahan family is almost decided. The six sons are Francis nn Frankie, Kevin, John, Daniel nn Dan, Patrick nn Pat and Michael nn Mickey. John is married to Kathleen, they have Declan, Aiden, Brogan, Corey and a daughter.

For the Callahan girl, I'd like a name that's girly, since she's the first girl in the family in some time. I'd like an Irish name to go with her brothers. I'd also like something with a nickname. She's a very innocent character, so I'd like a name that reflects that. I was thinking Grace nn Gracie, Rose nn Rosie, something along those lines. This also may sound weird, but she's in a lot of scenes with Finn/Jimmy so I'd like a name that sounds good with whichever one of those names I pick. Any ideas?

Thanks to everyone who commented!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users