#1 Tormented

Tormented

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

I only have a couple:

- Families who have all their kids' names rhyme or sound similar. Take my brother's kids' names: Lauren and Collin. They're too similar for my taste.

- People who take a name and change the spelling to make it "special" or "unique".
------------

What are yours?

#2 Aliame

Aliame

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

I too don't like it when people try to change the spelling of a name, just to make it different.

I also don't like the JR. III and etc .. family tradition ... JUST BECAUSE names. Like in my family all the first born males have to have a first name of William and ALL THE MALES have to have a Middle name that start with D .. and we all call them by their middle names. Now i just don't understand the sense of that. Good thing i married into my husbands family ROTFL im free from the dreaded D curse..

#3 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

Capital letters in the middle of names. It really annoys me.

eg. Mackenzie I prefer over McKenzie or MacKenzie, etc.

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:03 PM

The only thing that bothers me about naming is when a parent is really selfish about it. And doesn't care about the childs wellbeing. They'll be like "I want my kid to be special, and different from any other kid! They're gunna stand out and be the awesome kid, the best of the class, of everything! And they need a name unlike anyone else... so lets name her Hardibarkerlynpooh Brerreigh. It is totally all chosen for her benefit, and obviously going to make her better off in life!". When in all reality, they never once think of how that'll effect her later on. About how teased she'll be, how hard it'll be to get a job. How she'll look in the nursing home, ol' Hardie :D

Which includes the parents who misspell their kids name to "make them more unique", ie naming your kid Yooneek D:'

Cause I may personally dislike a name, say Dominique. But just because I dislike this name, doesn't make it a bad name in the least! The child can turn out to be a very successful child without huge hassle, and this name doesn't ask for teasing.

~ Haddie

#5 Elle W

Elle W

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Art History, Astrology, Baby Names!, Board Games, Books, CAD, Cheerleading, Cooking, Etymology, Extreme Sports, Family, Fashion, Friends, Linguistics, Marketing, Native Americans, Philosophy, Psychology, SEO, Web Development & Design, Writing

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:03 PM

Blasphemous names.

Names on the opposite gender.

Mmm, that's about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users