Photo

Zoe Sakae "life of prosperity"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Baby Name Genie

Baby Name Genie

Baby Name Genie

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:00 PM

Name: Cynthia

I really care about the meaning of my baby's name I have chosen Zoe Sakae which means life of prosperity what do you think of this combination... I am not quite sure please help me.

#2 ~Liz~

~Liz~

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:12 PM

I think it is a nice combination. Zoe Sakae is certainly meaningful. Though, certainly, lots of names are meaningful. My name combination means "the truthful oath of God" for example. Zoe Sakae also does flow well. I normally don't take middle names into consideration much in the name decision process, as so rarely are they used in our lives.

Some cons about the name are of course the different origins of the names. Zoe is very Greek, Sakae is very Japanese. Perhaps it could sound better if you chose names from the same origin, or at least names that weren't so decidedly foreign. I'm glad Sakae is the middle and not the first, then there would be many more things to consider. The pronunciation would throw people off (not a whole lot of people would get sah-kuh-EH on the first shot). Also, I think research should go into a name. Have you typed Sakae into a search engine to see what comes up? I did: two sushi restaurants, the downtown neighborhood directory of a major Japanese city, and the Wiki article of a famous Japanese anarchist. Ouch. Just something to consider.

On the whole, I give Zoe Sakae a thumbs up. *thumbs up*

#3 Antelope

Antelope

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:38 PM

I think it is beautiful! I never say that.

#4 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:38 PM

I loved it!Go for it.
The meaning is BEAUTIFUL and it flows well

#5 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer