Photo

Popular names you can't stand, for personal reasons.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 bellaboo5429

bellaboo5429

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:40 AM

I had a bad experience with a guy named Adam. We dated for 2 months and he cheated on me. I was so depressed for about 3 months, so now every time I hear that name, I shutter.

I also hate the name Britney, or Brittney. I don't know why. I just don't like it.

#22 LaRn_aShLeeee

LaRn_aShLeeee

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:11 PM

I seriously hate the name Ian, not just because of Ian, it just sounds, YECK. lol. And Becca is your name in my book XD

I can't stand the name Ian because my husband can't pronounce it right :) I use to dislike Roxie, like passionately. Too many preppy girls were named that. :)

#23 Arose22

Arose22

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:47 PM

I have a whole list of names I don't like on anyone haha. That probably makes me a bad person, and I'm sorry if I offend anyone but here is my list of names I dislike:
-Amanda - I just think this is an ugly name. I have known many people named this and I just hate it.
-Jordan- ugh.... don't like this on a girl or a boy idk why
-Bailey- HATE this name. And again there is no particular reason.
-Erin- I just don't like Aaron for a girl.. and I knew a girl named this and I could not stand her.
-Jolene- because of that TERRIBLE Dolly Parton song.
-Janelle- because of that ghetto chick on teen mom....
-Maddie- just overly used and annoying, if I ever named my child Maddelyn I would avoid the nickname Maddie at all costs.
-Allie- I also hate this nickname as well for the same reasons as Maddie...
-Carly- anyone I have met that was named this has sucked. haha
-Jayden- over used and reminds me of my cousins trashy step sister.
-Aiden- just WAY over used.
-Kohl- my old room mates boyfriend who I hated
-Jacob- I just don't like how this name sounds..
-Kendra- just ew...
I probably come off as a bitter human being from this list, but I just cannot stand these names.. haha sorry!

#24 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:47 PM

I love the name Jase (I prefer this spelling) because of a positive experience with someone with the name. When I was a sophomore in high school there was a guy in my study hall named Jase and he was GORGEOUS. Like movie star gorgeous. And his name was Jase so whenever I hear the name I associate it with him. And I hate how popular the name is getting. :)

Names that are ruined for me people of people I've met. Hmmm.

1. Dylan. I wasn't a fan of the name to begin with, but every Dylan I've met (and there's been about 5) have all been jerks.
2. Shane, my cousin's ex, was also a jerk so that name is ruined.

Those are the only two that come to mind. Of course there are tons of names I don't like, but that's for other reasons.

#25 ShannonElizabeth

ShannonElizabeth

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

I had a bad experience with a guy named Adam. We dated for 2 months and he cheated on me. I was so depressed for about 3 months, so now every time I hear that name, I shutter.

I also hate the name Britney, or Brittney. I don't know why. I just don't like it.

That sucks. :)

Haha. I have a friend named Brittany. And even I don't like the name. I don't know why either.

#26 ShannonElizabeth

ShannonElizabeth

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 830 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

I can't stand the name Ian because my husband can't pronounce it right :) I use to dislike Roxie, like passionately. Too many preppy girls were named that. :)

Haha. That's as good a reason as any. :)
I've never met a Roxie. Weird. :D

#27 ShannonElizabeth

ShannonElizabeth

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 830 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

I have a whole list of names I don't like on anyone haha. That probably makes me a bad person, and I'm sorry if I offend anyone but here is my list of names I dislike:
-Amanda - I just think this is an ugly name. I have known many people named this and I just hate it.
-Jordan- ugh.... don't like this on a girl or a boy idk why
-Bailey- HATE this name. And again there is no particular reason.
-Erin- I just don't like Aaron for a girl.. and I knew a girl named this and I could not stand her.
-Jolene- because of that TERRIBLE Dolly Parton song.
-Janelle- because of that ghetto chick on teen mom....
-Maddie- just overly used and annoying, if I ever named my child Maddelyn I would avoid the nickname Maddie at all costs.
-Allie- I also hate this nickname as well for the same reasons as Maddie...
-Carly- anyone I have met that was named this has sucked. haha
-Jayden- over used and reminds me of my cousins trashy step sister.
-Aiden- just WAY over used.
-Kohl- my old room mates boyfriend who I hated
-Jacob- I just don't like how this name sounds..
-Kendra- just ew...
I probably come off as a bitter human being from this list, but I just cannot stand these names.. haha sorry!

Haha. That's a lot of people! But you don't sound bitter. Don't worry. Haha.

#28 ShannonElizabeth

ShannonElizabeth

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 830 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

I love the name Jase (I prefer this spelling) because of a positive experience with someone with the name. When I was a sophomore in high school there was a guy in my study hall named Jase and he was GORGEOUS. Like movie star gorgeous. And his name was Jase so whenever I hear the name I associate it with him. And I hate how popular the name is getting. :)

Names that are ruined for me people of people I've met. Hmmm.

1. Dylan. I wasn't a fan of the name to begin with, but every Dylan I've met (and there's been about 5) have all been jerks.
2. Shane, my cousin's ex, was also a jerk so that name is ruined.

Those are the only two that come to mind. Of course there are tons of names I don't like, but that's for other reasons.

Okay... You can have the name. :) Haha.

I've met two Shane's, and they were both jerks too. Sometimes I think what you're named has everything to do with your personality. But then... I don't know. Haha.

#29 Anny

Anny

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:05 AM

Mmh, I do have a few names I just don't like, esp. royal one syllable names like Charles, George, James... Idk why, just wouldn't name my child that. But I actually like the feminine variations Charlotte and Georgia,...
Others: William, Micheal, Paul and Florian (jerky exes -.-)

Concerning girls: I kinda dislike the name Emma. I know a lot of people love the name, and I would always say that it isn't a bad name, well it isn't. But still, I don't like it. (I mean no offense)
And Leila/ Layla/ Laila, I think it is way to cute and not very elegant, and it won't age well, IMO. And there are similar ones, like Lilah, Leia, Leah/ Lia. I like them as nicknames, but not as formal names. My friend has chosen the name Laila for her daughter, so it will have to grow on me, it allready started.

And in Germany, some names have become low class names, like Jaqueline, Chantal, ..., and a lot of other English names but with German spelling, like Dustin -> Dastin, Justin, Kevin,...

#30 Len

Len

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

Bethany: 90% of the Beths and Bethanys I have met are aweful. I have ONE cool friend named Beth. I also just dislike the name.
Brianna: Awful girl I grew up with. I hate a lot of variations of this name for that reason... Brianne, Bree, etc.
Kerry/Carrie: One awful ex roommate and one awful girl that I know named Kerry and Carrie.
Leah: Not a fan of the name, but I grew up with two girls on my lax team named Leah who sucked.

Chad: It's such a d-bag name haha. I went to high school with FOUR Chads and they all sucked.

#31 -Regan<3

-Regan<3

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

The only name I can think of is Dennis my mom's ex, he just was not a good guy..

Pretty much I hate him, and I don't like to hate anyone

(I know this name isn't popular btw, I didn't notice the popular part until after I posted..)

#32 VictoriaRose

VictoriaRose

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:24 AM

Rowan. I hate the name Rowan because the only one I ever met was a total jerk. When my god-daughter Lilla was born that was the only problem that I had with her name (other than the fact that people always pronounce it wrong it's LIL-ah not LI-la) is that her middle name is Rowane. It drives me nuts and I never use her middle name for anything.

#33 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:10 AM

:D my name is mentioned, my poor parents, they named me after the province in france way before the Britney phenominon (hence the spelling, they go crazy when people pn it Brit-Nee, its meant to be three syl: Brit-ta-nee) and now its so overused :)

the only names i can think of are Sonia, Monique and Callum all for personal reasons from how they treat people and act.

#34 Kaysee712

Kaysee712

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

Garrett, I actually love this name but it reminds me of a jerk from high school, he liked me, I liked him but he never asked me out because I was a "loser" and he wasn't, then in college he told me he wanted to date me and just toyed around with other girls too and I said sorry I like exclusive relationships so I'm done with this, and I haven't talked to him since.

Lindsay - Every girl I know named this is either, annoying or a total brat.

#35 ShannonElizabeth

ShannonElizabeth

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 830 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

The only name I can think of is Dennis my mom's ex, he just was not a good guy..

Pretty much I hate him, and I don't like to hate anyone

(I know this name isn't popular btw, I didn't notice the popular part until after I posted..)

Hmm... Reminds me of Dennis the Menace. I don't like it either. :/

And that's okay. Hhaa. It can be any name. :D

#36 ShannonElizabeth

ShannonElizabeth

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 830 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

Rowan. I hate the name Rowan because the only one I ever met was a total jerk. When my god-daughter Lilla was born that was the only problem that I had with her name (other than the fact that people always pronounce it wrong it's LIL-ah not LI-la) is that her middle name is Rowane. It drives me nuts and I never use her middle name for anything.

Why did you make her middle name Rowane then..? If you hate the name... ?

#37 ShannonElizabeth

ShannonElizabeth

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 830 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

:D my name is mentioned, my poor parents, they named me after the province in france way before the Britney phenominon (hence the spelling, they go crazy when people pn it Brit-Nee, its meant to be three syl: Brit-ta-nee) and now its so overused :)

the only names i can think of are Sonia, Monique and Callum all for personal reasons from how they treat people and act.

:P Poor you. I'm sure you're the exception. :o Haha.

I don't like any of those names either. I know a Sonia who is a jerk, and I know a Monique who is a bigger jerk.
And I knew a Callum who was my friend, and then turned into a bigger jerk than either of those two. :) Haha. People... :/

#38 ShannonElizabeth

ShannonElizabeth

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 830 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

Garrett, I actually love this name but it reminds me of a jerk from high school, he liked me, I liked him but he never asked me out because I was a "loser" and he wasn't, then in college he told me he wanted to date me and just toyed around with other girls too and I said sorry I like exclusive relationships so I'm done with this, and I haven't talked to him since.

Lindsay - Every girl I know named this is either, annoying or a total brat.

That sucks! :D

Haha. My step-sisters name is Lindsay. And I agree. :)

#39 LaRn_aShLeeee

LaRn_aShLeeee

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

That sucks! :D

Haha. My step-sisters name is Lindsay. And I agree. :)

I also agree. My sister in law's name is Lindsay. She's a total witch 93% of the time....o_O

#40 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:02 PM

Bryanna: Total witch. She acts sooo fake & likes to be country. I'm fine with that but when you live near a city cowboy boots and camo sweaters are not daily wear. Stop talking about your truck and your aunt's horse. Although my big issue is she thinks because her mom's dead her life is 10x worse than everyone else's. Because having two parents automatically means your life is great.
Karissa: I know two of them. One's a cousin's trashy ex that abused my cousin and the other's an underclassman who tries to get my bf to sleep with her. The name screams trashy in my mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users