Photo

Am I crazy?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Baby Name Genie

Baby Name Genie

Baby Name Genie

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:56 PM

Name: Christine

My daughter is 10 months old and I am seriously thinking about changing her name. The one we gave her has never felt RIGHT. Am I crazy?

#2 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:58 PM

i don't think you are crazy. if it doesn't feel right and doesn't feel like its houdl be her name, and you think you have the perfect one in mind, then you can change it but make sure it is changed fast. when my cousin was born, his mom was a young teen who had been in an abusive relationship. finally, it was taken care of and she was brought home after his birth, but he forced her to name the baby after him. it was pretty haunting and did not fit such an angelic baby, so my aunt changed his name. the name worked out well and did not at all bring any bad memories. if you have the perfect name to change it to, i would change it because she is not too old yet. the same aunt years later couldn't agree on a name with her husband but there was one he liked that she didn't much. once she was born, she knew the name fit and was perfect for her. i have seen many cases like this, but not as many like you, you should definitely get that perfect name before its too late, but if your just unsure and do like the name but don't know ifyou would like another better, iw ould just try to decide because its not a time for like experimenting or anything or trying out a name each week or whatever. go with your gut, but stick with it whatever it is.

#3 Melissa

Melissa

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:23 AM

People who adopt one year old babies from China do it all the time. The baby is not going to notice...

#4 Lola

Lola

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:33 PM

Not crazy at all! I have friends who did that for their son. They changed his name completely at 8 months old. The kid is 7 now and never blinked. Better now than at 10 years old. She'll not notice at this point in time.

#5 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

Not at al...if you really want to do it,then just do it.

#6 Cece

Cece

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:42 PM

what is the name?

#7 bittersweet

bittersweet

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:50 PM

I don't think there is anything wrong with changing the child's name at ten months...it's not even going to notice. As long as you change it quickly and make sure you and other people don't mix up you will be fine.

#8 Hello

Hello

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:38 AM

Are you the women that had a daughter named Chloe an wanted to change her name???

If her name does not feel right than you can change it especially if you dont like the name!

#9 Sophiea--*

Sophiea--*

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:53 PM

Well this all deepends,
if--you dont think your child's name is right for her/him then you have a right to change it and your not crazy for changing somthing that is not right,that doesent fit,that just doesent suit it.
butt
if--you change it then your changing somthing that is not supposed to change..a name that was specail... a name you saw in his/her eyes and named her/him from the beging of her/his life.

This is a choice YOU have to make yourself..think about it ....and YOU will choose wich decission YOU will make.

sophiea--*

#10 LexiiGrace

LexiiGrace

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

My cousin changed her daughters name at right around ten months. It went from Sophia to Delilah. I think it's perfectly alright. Chances are that if it doesn't feel right now... It might never.

#11 Jessica J

Jessica J

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 691 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:52 AM

Name: Christine

My daughter is 10 months old and I am seriously thinking about changing her name. The one we gave her has never felt RIGHT. Am I crazy?

No, I think that if the names is totally wrong then you should definately change the name before she learnes it

#12 Bella

Bella

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:29 PM

It is perfectly fine to change her name. My only advice would be to do it soon, because if you do it when she starts to really know and recognize her name, it can be hard. I would say it would be best to change it before she turns two. There really isn't a problem with changing it now, though. My little niece was supposed to be Tayla Anne but when she was born, the name didn't fit, so her name was changed.
Best of luck with your daughter!
~Bella

#13 BlackPepper

BlackPepper

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:06 AM

Hi there,

I know of several women who have changed their babies name within the first 12 months.

If you don't love her name, and it doesn't feel right, then change it now, before it is too late and she starts getting confused.

Do you want to share the name(s) with us?

#14 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:34 PM

If you don't like it, then change it!
She won't notice at this age!

#15 Erin (was NameFreak) :-)

Erin (was NameFreak) :-)

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 678 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:10 PM

'Course you're not crazy!!! My great-grandmother wasn't named finally till she was four!!!
What is her name? Here are some suggestions if you're interested:

Roseanna Kate
Dianna Leigh
Parvati Anne
Keileigh Makenna
Elizabeth Mia
Mia Olivia
Ava Madison
Lily Addison
Kirsten Shae
Christina Jane
Arabella Marie