9 replies to this topic

#1 Tasha1125

Tasha1125

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

I'm stuck between Analyse Colette and Aureliana Celina. Either way she will probably go by Ana. Which do you like?

#2 HaydensMama18

HaydensMama18

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts
  • Interests:My son, baby naming, singing, dancing, helping others

Obsessed with WWE & TNA

Favorite viners & youtubers: The Gabbie Show, Liza Koshy & Joe Santagato & Shane

My favorite actors are Grace Phipps & Garrett Clayton

Current favorite songs: Anything by Little Mix, Ariana Grande-Boyfriend Material & Anything by Bruno Mars

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

I prefer Aureliana Celina. It's so soft, sweet and feminine. Analyse Colette is sweet as well, but I don't like Anal at the beginning of Analyse. How about other spellings?

Annalyse Colette
Annaliese Colette
Annalise Colette

Like any?

#3 ßlush

ßlush

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Paying off student loans & over-priced coffee.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:27 PM

I like Analyse Colette. However, I prefer the traditional spelling of Annalise.

#4 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

Annalyse Colette. <3

#5 Bunko0

Bunko0

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:16 PM

Definitely Aureliana Celina, if no further changes are to be made to the combos. Analyse is a random verb (Commonwealth spelling), not to mention one with an unfortunate first four letters.

If I may make a few suggestions, I would use Celine rather than Celina so that both names don't have the same ending. Anneliese is the traditional spelling with which people are more likely to be familiar; Annelise is a Danish variant and Annelies is a Dutch variant. I wouldn't use anything beyond that, especially one that starts with "anal." 

#6 Tasha1125

Tasha1125

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

Annalyse is probably what we'll go with if we go with that name

#7 Caillean

Caillean

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:02 AM

If there are no other changes to be made, I would personally alter the spelling.

Either Aureliana Celine....it really does sound smoother if the names don't end both on an a, and there a many possible nicknames, Ana being one of them, Lia another.

or Annalise Colette. I can't help to read analyse (the verb) when I see your spelling, so I would definitely dump the y and put an i instead.Looks much more familiar and does not make people stumble over the correct pronounciation or force here to correct people permanentely ("no, not y, it's spoken like an i...."). Or do you intend for the name to be pronounced like analyse? Then the spelling would make sense, altough it would be a strange name to my ear :)

#8 Tasha1125

Tasha1125

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

No it's said like on-uh-lease

#9 Caillean

Caillean

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

No it's said like on-uh-lease

That is good to know because the spelling suggests otherwise. :)

However, just because you intend for it to be pronounced like that does not mean people will read/recognise/say it that way. Sorry, just in my opinion people will say/read an-ah-lyse instinctively (in fact I think the verb analyse is too well established to read anything else) :blush:

#10 Tasha1125

Tasha1125

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:59 PM

Now that's all I see. My other daughter Anjelica has a name you have to correct everybody on. It's not like Angelica which is what most people think. Its an-hell-ick-uh. I think if I do go with analyse I'll spell it Annalyse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users