Twin Help!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_its_madness_*

Guest_its_madness_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:01 PM

I am having boy/girl twins and me and my husband can't agree on ANYTHING!
I love the name Libby for a girl, but he thinks Libby should be a nickname for something else. I don't like Elizabeth and he doesn't like Olivia, any other suggestions?
Another name we were considering for my little girl is a feminine variation of "donald" that name is very important to me and I'd love for her to have it as a middle name, he doesn't like Dawn and I don't like Dawnielle, any suggestions for that?

For my little man, I LOVE Karter but my husband doesn't like it spelled with a K and I don't like it with a C. What do you think?
Other names we like
Jakob
Noah
Asher
Jude
Dylan
Eli (husband hates this name, but its still on my list because i love it, i won't use it though haha).

Any suggestions would be loved, thank you!

#2 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

I found a name a while a back, spelt like Lybi. I've loved it ever since I saw it and it doesn't look as nicnamish as Libby in my opinion.

I love the names Noah and Jude from your list.

Noah Jude?

Noah Ryan
Noah Isaac
Noah Bentley
Noah Connor

Jude Noah?

Jude Ryan
Jude Eli
Jude Silas
Jude Miguel
Jude Finley

#3 thirdandfinal

thirdandfinal

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:scrapbooking, photography, reading, movies, camping, family time.

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

For variations of Donald but for a girl's middle name, what about Donna?

If you like Eli but he doesn't, you could use Eli as the nickname of either Elijah or Elliot.

I think most any 'nickname' can be used as its own standalone name, in fact reading name books I was very surprised how many names I thought were the 'actual version' were really nickname versions of names. Like I assumed if it's longer, it's the original, and if it's shorter, it isn't. I can't think of an example off the top of my head, but did learn that a lot of names we assume are the actual names, were once just shortforms or nicknames of names.

So you could use Libby, just like there are Julies (my dd is Julieanne but goes by Julie or Jules a lot), or there are Mikes or Cindys or Kates that aren't Michael or Cynthia or Katharine kwim?

#4 Untitled

Untitled

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:52 AM

Liberty is a nice full name for Libby, although my favourite is still Elisabeth.

I'm glad you don't like Dawnielle, I think it's awful! Donna, Donalda or Donella are alternative female names for Donald.

I don't like Carter but if I was going to use it, I would spell it with a C. The K looks harsh and also having names starting with a K is really trendy nowadays.

I like all your other boys names. I would spell Jacob the more conventional way because it is so common I think people would spell it this way anyway and you'd have to correct them. My favourite is Noah.

#5 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:52 PM

Liberty is a nice full name for Libby, although my favourite is still Elisabeth.

I'm glad you don't like Dawnielle, I think it's awful! Donna, Donalda or Donella are alternative female names for Donald.

I don't like Carter but if I was going to use it, I would spell it with a C. The K looks harsh and also having names starting with a K is really trendy nowadays.

I like all your other boys names. I would spell Jacob the more conventional way because it is so common I think people would spell it this way anyway and you'd have to correct them. My favourite is Noah.

I was going to suggest Liberty as a full name for Libby as well...though I think Libby works as a first name on its own fine.

The only other feminine form of Donald I can think of would be Donya...or maybe using same letters and sounds to honor Donald...Ona, Lona, Alona ...

I agree with Untitled about Karter... changing C names to K is a bit trydy at the moment and to me it is kinda cheesy and wouldn't age very well.

Of your boys names I really like Jude!!

#6 Strawberry

Strawberry

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:54 PM

How about Dolanna or Dolina for the feminine version of Donald? Donna is also pretty which someone mentioned.I like your boy list. What about Levi?

#7 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:04 AM

im not sure i can help much on the little g names as im definately not a fan of libby, olivia or elisabeth
(we are expecting twins too and are also finding it dificult with names)

if i were calling my son carter, i would use c, but that is personal preference, with your other names:
Jakob
Noah
Asher
Jude
Dylan

dylan jakob
asher jude
brody noah
-c/karter jakob
jude dylan
they seem to flow well enough and none of the names will induce teasing or continuous misspelling so i think you have chosen some great names for the bubba boy.

#8 Amsel

Amsel

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:37 PM

I like Carter but I hate it spelled with a K, much like I also dislike "Jakob" and prefer Jacob.

Twin names that would be good (the bold are my favorites).

Dylan and Lydia
Dylan and Carys
Dylan and Alyssa
Asher and Serena
Asher and Lana
Asher and Sarah
Jude and Lena
Jude and Susanna
Jude and Serena

As for the "Libby" thing, some names I dig that you could probably use Libby for:

Liberty
Lilibeth
Isabelle (a variant of Elizabeth)

As for a female Donald tribute, you could use Donja / Donia / Donya (rhymes with Sonya / Sonja / Sonia).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users