13 replies to this topic

#1 Squared

Squared

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:26 AM

I can't seem to find a name that I absolutely adore for this character.

Here is what I imagine her to be like:
5’5, green eyes, long thick brown curly hair with side swept bangs, fair skin and rosy cheeks, long pointy nose and chin, very straight teeth, athletic figure. She succeeds and excels at everything she tries, but is very modest about it and doesn’t brag nor think she’s anything special. She’s very smart, in the top ten of her high school class. She is very talented in the music and arts – she loves to act, sing, and she plays guitar, drums, piano, and saxophone and is in a rock band. She's often accused of being 'fake' and too perfect.
She has a very bright, friendly and bubbly personality. She is feisty and somewhat over dramatic. She is the type of person to just say what’s on her mind without thinking about it first. She’s brutally honest and extremely opinionated. She has a soft spot and is surprisingly compassionate for people and wants to be a doctor when she graduates high school (and if that doesn’t work out, a middle school music teacher)

What do you imagine her name to be? Thanks so much!

- Sarah

#2 ChristieLovestoWrite

ChristieLovestoWrite

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:33 AM

I can't seem to find a name that I absolutely adore for this character.

Here is what I imagine her to be like:
5’5, green eyes, long thick brown curly hair with side swept bangs, fair skin and rosy cheeks, long pointy nose and chin, very straight teeth, athletic figure. She succeeds and excels at everything she tries, but is very modest about it and doesn’t brag nor think she’s anything special. She’s very smart, in the top ten of her high school class. She is very talented in the music and arts – she loves to act, sing, and she plays guitar, drums, piano, and saxophone and is in a rock band. She's often accused of being 'fake' and too perfect.
She has a very bright, friendly and bubbly personality. She is feisty and somewhat over dramatic. She is the type of person to just say what’s on her mind without thinking about it first. She’s brutally honest and extremely opinionated. She has a soft spot and is surprisingly compassionate for people and wants to be a doctor when she graduates high school (and if that doesn’t work out, a middle school music teacher)

What do you imagine her name to be? Thanks so much!

- Sarah

She makes me think about..

"Andrea"
"Marianna"
"Mandy"
"Alyson"
"Eileen"
"Virginia"
"Amanda"

But my favorites are "Andrea" and "Alyson"
Dunno why..

#3 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Well, obviously, I love names! They're so fun to look for and to search for the right name for the right character. I love writing, which is why I'm in constant search for a good name. I want to be an author one day, so my fingers are crossed. I also enjoy dance and hanging out with my friends.

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:49 PM

Here are some names I think fit a character like that:

Delaney
Bethany
Cassidy
Lola
Eleanor
Veronica
Roxanne
Ainsley
Graziella
Avery

Hope these help, good luck!

#4 LexiiGrace

LexiiGrace

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:51 PM

I think of:

Hannah
Ellie
Angie
Maria
Morgan
Hailey
Allison
Diana

Good luck!

#5 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:56 PM

It might be kinda common but Sara immediately came to mind.
Do you have a last name picked out?

#6 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:56 PM

I just looked at it again and realized that it was your name....maybe that's why I thought of it? :(

Maybe...
Margot, Cassie, Lola, Rhonda, Georgia, Pheobe

#7 Squared

Squared

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:20 PM

I still haven't found one I really love. I'm using the filler name Shannon for what I'm writing now, but honestly I don't like it and I think I should change it.

The last name is either Gardner or Drake. Whichever fits the best with the name I choose.

Other characters:
Her boyfriend's name is Kieran Dale and his sister is Emma Rose, her best friend's name is Jacob (Jake) Robert, her dad's name is Dylan and her mom's is Jean.

Her brothers are Damien Wyatt and Zachary Vincent. Her sister is tentatively named Cecily Claire.

Any more suggestions?

#8 Britt2537

Britt2537

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:54 PM

i also instantly thought sara..maybe a brittany, brianne, or rachel

#9 Alexis!

Alexis!

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  • Interests:Bones
    Mysteries
    Baking
    Photography
    Science
    Writing
    Reading

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:32 AM

She sounds like my sister [minus the soft spot and commpassion for people =D]

Soo...what about Amanda Gardner?

Amanda Elizabeth
Amanda Shannon
Amanda Rose
Amanda Grace
Amanda Eileen
Amanda Phoebe

WDYT?

#10 lostladyknight

lostladyknight

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Location:Somewhere east of the Atlantic and west of the Pacific.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:47 PM

Well I don't want to step off on the wrong foot here so I won't give the first name that came to mind. Lol.

She sounds too perfect. And, I think she sounds like a Sam.

What do you think?

#11 Squared

Squared

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:00 PM

I might be liking Rachel, and the Amanda suggestions were pretty good too.

I don't know why people are suggesting Sara (other than the fact that I'm Sarah) but I'm kinda flattered because I'm really no where near perfect. Hmm, is it too conceded to use your own name as a character? lol. I do like my own name...

lostladyknight - What was the first name you thought of? Lol, if it was Sarah, you really woundn't we stepping off of the wrong foot. I want to know everything I can get. And, I would consiter Sam, but that's my brother's name, so I really can't picture it on any girl.

- Sarah

#12 lostladyknight

lostladyknight

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Location:Somewhere east of the Atlantic and west of the Pacific.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:45 PM

I might be liking Rachel, and the Amanda suggestions were pretty good too.

I don't know why people are suggesting Sara (other than the fact that I'm Sarah) but I'm kinda flattered because I'm really no where near perfect. Hmm, is it too conceded to use your own name as a character? lol. I do like my own name...

lostladyknight - What was the first name you thought of? Lol, if it was Sarah, you really woundn't we stepping off of the wrong foot. I want to know everything I can get. And, I would consiter Sam, but that's my brother's name, so I really can't picture it on any girl.

- Sarah

Lol, no sorry.

It was Mary Sue.

It's a fanfiction writer's joke...

#13 Squared

Squared

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:37 PM

Lol, no sorry.

It was Mary Sue.

It's a fanfiction writer's joke...

I know what a Mary Sue is, and yes. That's the point, she's over the top and unrealisticly perfect. Though, I believe Mary Sues are usually what the authors want themselves to be like and, just to let you know, that it not the case here. :(

#14 lucy

lucy

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:I have 5 kids: Samara (Sammi), Kimberley (Kimmy), Lauren (Lolly), Bianca (Bee) and Jessamine (Jem)

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:48 PM

Elisabeth
Rosie/Rose
Daisy
Jordana
Alice
Alissa
Chloe
Phaedra

Or maybe a name that is less perfect than the rest of her. Just to offset the perfection:
Tatty (as a nickname for Natasha or Tatiana)
Cecilia (means blind)
Bertha (means bright, but isn't a pretty name)
Ingrid
Linda

I'll try to come up with some more. I do think you should go with a name that no one would really want to be called, just to have something that isn't so perfect about her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users