8 replies to this topic

#1 Alda

Alda

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:56 PM

"Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar of Tontitown, Ark., had their eighteenth child Thursday Jordyn-Grace Makiya, who joins the rest of her J-named siblings.

"Jordyn-Grace was born via C-section at Mercy Medical Center in Rogers, weeks before her due date of Jan. 1. She weighed in at 7 lbs, 3 oz and was 20 inches long.

"'Mother and baby are resting and doing well,' says a rep for the Duggar family, whose crowded house is featured on the TLC network show 17 Kids & Counting.

"The newest Duggar has a lot of names to keep straight.

"The other kids who range in age from 20 years to 17 months are Joshua (who married Anna Keller in September and says he is looking forward to the "blessing of children" of his own), twins John-David and Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, twins Jeremiah and Jedidiah, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah and Jennifer.

"Their parents married when Michelle was 17 and Jim Bob was 19. (Her mother had to officially sign permission.) After birth-control pills were blamed for a miscarriage, the couple decided to throw them out. They've had a new baby approximately every 18 months since."

Source: People

#2 Fez

Fez

Epic Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:27 PM

Here are the full names of the duggar children:

Joshua James
Jana Marie (twin to John-David)
John-David (twin to Jana)
Jill Michele
Jessa Lauren
Jinger Nicole
Joseph Garrett
Josiah Matthew
Joy-Anna
Jedidiah Robert (twin to Jeremiah)
Jeremiah Robert
Jason Michael
James Andrew
Justin Samuel
Jackson Levi
Johannah Faith
Jennifer Danielle
Jordyn-Grace Makiya

#3 Capriana

Capriana

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Playing with my kids, reading, writing, crocheting

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:47 AM

Thanks for posting this - I was very curious about what J name they were going to come up with next.

I don't think the article did them justice in terms of why they decided to have so many children. From what I have seen and read about them, their beliefs actually run deeper.

WOW though. I can't imagine having that many. I can barely keep up with my 4! LOL!

#4 Karin Marie

Karin Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Interests:My Husband & Daughters, Being a Mom,Reading, Baby Names, Hello Kitty, Anything Cupcakes & Strawberries, SAHM, Animals, Nature, Writing Poetry, Reading Poetry, Music, Cooking/Baking, etc

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:49 AM

Holy bananas! She had all the other naturally how come Jordyn-Grace was a C-section? When did Joshua get married? Are they all going to marry young & have 18+ babies? Well I give her props for having that many babies & stuff. But I will not be having 18+ kids! Congrads to them on the 18th baby! Lets see when she ends up preggars again!? lol

#5 bebeeg

bebeeg

Administrator

• Community Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 02:06 PM

They are very nice people. Met them at a wedding reception once here in Arkansas. The older kids help with the younger kids. They are all very well behaved. Great family. :)

#6 kittyfrog

kittyfrog

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, and spending time with my family

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:44 PM

Wow. Me and my hubby were talking about them today and was wondering if all their children will have a ton too.... if they do they could have a small country to themselves in a few generations lol.

#7 Raena

Raena

Baby Namer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:11 PM

I give them major major kudos for having so many children and raising them all well, but 18 is a lot of kids. If they have any more, there going to have to move to the K's.

In terms of their kids having large families, I could see the sons wanting large families while the daughters want small families. It seems to work that way...the daughters take care of the younger children so much that they just get fed up with kids and have one or two when they get married. The sons, meanwhile, will want big families like their dads. It's like that with three different families I know. Except one family has 6 kids, another has 7 kids, and the last has 9 kids. Not 18.

#8 fearlessly_enchanted

fearlessly_enchanted

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:I've been naming my children since I was 6. I like the typical things; music, reading, writing, movie marathons, friends & family, shoes, bags, etc.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

Love it! Love it! Love it!

#9 LibraryDenizen

LibraryDenizen

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

Ummm...no. Raena, I'm #3 of 9 kids; I do have a lot of responsibility in looking after my younger siblings, but they are fairly self sufficient and my mom does 70% of the work, with me and my older sister contributing the other 25%. (The remaining 5% never gets done.) Because there's always a baby around, I love kids and I'm looking forward to having a whole bunch of them, hopefully 8+.
I have a friend who is #7 of 15 and loves it, too...and another friend who's the oldest of 4 and feels overburdened.
Bottom line: It really all depends on the family.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users