• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Liz88

Liz88

Baby Namer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:I love spending time with my children and my husband. I don't get to volunteer as much as I would like to in my kids' schools now that I'm having twins but I would like to once I have them.<br />I like to garden, scrapbook, knit, and go to the beach.<br />I'm currently working on getting a blog...I'll update you on that later :D

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:41 PM

I started a story a LONG time ago when I was on bedrest with my 1st set of twins, Bryce and Isobel. Now that I'm having my second set of twins and will likely be going on bedrest sometime soon, I thought I should pick up where I left off. But I never gave my characters names, which is where I could use some help.

Main Character: Pretty, black haired, blue eyed 18 yo back in the late 1700s living in England. Rich family, she's about to marry a duke. Any ideas? Also could use a last name...something sophisticated.

the Duke: Brown haired, green eyed, 24 yo...extremely rugged, but kind. Doesn't like the girl he's about to marry, but he's doing it because his dad told him to. Also need a last name for him.

That's all I'll bug you guys about for now. Thank you so much.!!

#2 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Well, obviously, I love names! They're so fun to look for and to search for the right name for the right character. I love writing, which is why I'm in constant search for a good name. I want to be an author one day, so my fingers are crossed. I also enjoy dance and hanging out with my friends.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:18 PM

Main Character: Genevieve, Penelope, Hyacinth, Fiona, Jane, Lydia, Ophelia, Elizabeth, Charlotte, Corinne, Josephine
Last name: Rosings, St. Clair, Bingley, Buxley, Bridgerton

Duke: Jonathon, James, Fitzwilliam, Colin, Oliver, Frederick, Rupert, Garreth, Benjamin
Last name: Effington, Weston, Audley, Everard, Scarborough, Wickham

Like any?
Need more suggestions?

#3 Liz88

Liz88

Baby Namer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:I love spending time with my children and my husband. I don't get to volunteer as much as I would like to in my kids' schools now that I'm having twins but I would like to once I have them.<br />I like to garden, scrapbook, knit, and go to the beach.<br />I'm currently working on getting a blog...I'll update you on that later :D

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:40 PM

Yeah, thanks!! I really like Corinne and Jane. As for a last name, I like Bingley...but that's a Jane Austen thing. Hmm, Matt suggested Middleton.
For the guy, Rupert sticks out as a definitely possibility.

I'm still not sure about the Duke's last name. Thanks for the suggestions!!

#4 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Well, obviously, I love names! They're so fun to look for and to search for the right name for the right character. I love writing, which is why I'm in constant search for a good name. I want to be an author one day, so my fingers are crossed. I also enjoy dance and hanging out with my friends.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:19 PM

You're welcome!

as for last names here are a few more suggestions:
Ainsworth, Bolster, Cromwell, Loomis, Waldgrave

#5 Guest_KacieH_*

Guest_KacieH_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:35 PM

I like Ramsey for the "Duke"'s last name.
Or Cromwell...that's cool too.

Although once they're married, she'll be Corinne[if you pick it] Cromwell.

hmm....

#6 Liz88

Liz88

Baby Namer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:13 PM

Matt here...my lovely lady is sleeping as peacefully as humanly possible when two little girls don't want to stay still in very confined spaces. I can't say I blame them :unsure:

Libby has been thinking about names for her characters again and was going to post them...at least, I THINK she was going to. She writes post-its for everything she wants to do...and writing this was one of them. Oh well.

She likes:
-Edward
-Hugh
-Julian
-Louis
-Lewis
-James
-William

What do you think?
Thanks for helping her out. She's really excited about writing this story.

#7 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:12 PM

I'm in agreement with her.

my favorites out of those she chose are:
James
William
Hugh
Julian

#8 Guest_toribethh_*

Guest_toribethh_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:46 PM

I love the name James I also really like the name William with the nn. Will
the first name that came to my mind when I read the descrition was Winston with the nn. Win
as for last names I like Harrison, St. Clair, Hughes

Hope this helps!!!!!

#9 Brandon and Vanessa

Brandon and Vanessa

Junior Baby Namer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:10 PM

i like george. it's manly for the duke.
in the women's name department i suck...it's a guy thing i guess.

but james, william, hugh, george...they're all manly man names.
good luck

#10 Emma Jane

Emma Jane

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:16 PM

Main Character: Pretty, black haired, blue eyed 18 yo back in the late 1700s living in England. Rich family, she's about to marry a duke. Any ideas? Also could use a last name...something sophisticated.
names: Martha, Anne, Henrietta, Lucy,Tamsin or Mabell--- Last names Dean, Thompson, Ross

the Duke: Brown haired, green eyed, 24 yo...extremely rugged, but kind. Doesn't like the girl he's about to marry, but he's doing it because his dad told him to. Also need a last name for him.
Names: Humphry, Roger, Theodore, Walter or Silvester --- Last names Ander, Zaterphen, Johnson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users