• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Well, obviously, I love names! They're so fun to look for and to search for the right name for the right character. I love writing, which is why I'm in constant search for a good name. I want to be an author one day, so my fingers are crossed. I also enjoy dance and hanging out with my friends.

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:25 PM

Okay, I'm terrible. Why can't the ideas cease? Honestly, I love starting new stories, but this is the second this month. I've been popping out at least one new idea a month for the last four months. I will never get anything finished at this rate! Anyway, I literally came up with this, like, twenty minutes ago. So the idea is that a nice, normal teenage girl goes to a party with a few friends thrown by the most popular guy in their class. She gets raped at the party, by that popular guy, but doesn't tell anybody. Several weeks later, she discovers she's pregnant. In a whirlwind of emotions, she doesn't know what to do. Her parents are really strict and uptight and would disown her if they knew. Her best friend is the girlfriend of the guy who raped her. She isn't sure if she should have an abortion or go through the pregnancy and put the baby up for adoption. She only has two or three people that she can trust, only two or three people she can tell. But she doesn't tell them who the father is. She tells them she doesn't know. Obviously, as the months go on, people at school start to notice and know she's pregnant. Eventually, her parents figure it out, and they kick her out of the house. I haven't gotten much farther than that, so names would be greatly appreciated.

Names needed for:
Main character (possibly Alice): Very bright and strong, but has no idea what to do. Light brown hair and green eyes.
Popular guy: Obviously, not a very good guy. Charming up front, but very devious. Blonde hair and blue eyes.
Best Friend #1: The girlfriend of the raper. Very bubbly and loyal to her friend, but abandons her when she finds out who the father is. Blonde hair and green eyes.
Best friend #2: Closest friend of the main character. She helps her every step of the way and fully supports her keeping the baby. Brown hair and blue/gray eyes.
Guy Best Friend: Oldest friend ot the main character. He's very surprised about the baby and thinks that she should put the baby up for adoption. In the end, the main character ends up with him. Auburn hair and blue/green eyes.
Main character's mother: A stay-at-home mother. Keeps a tight household. Very strict about her children's whereabouts. Brown hair and eyes.
Main character's father: A doctor. Gentler than his wife. Loves his daughter, but still turns away from here when he learns of the pregnancy. Brown hair and green eyes.
Main character's sister: The 'perfect' daughter. She's two years younger than her sister, but is considered to be the better child. She has prefect grades, a perfect boyfriend, perfect friends, and is a perfect liar. Behind her parents back, she sneaks out and gets drunk every weekend. When she finds out about her sister's pregnancy she immediately says she'll tell their parents, but doesn't for fear of her sister telling their parents she isn't so perfect. Dark brown hair and hazel eyes.

Thank you!

#2 JTC88

JTC88

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:18 PM

Okay! Just to throw some ideas out there... Lemme know if you like any!

Main Character: Alice is nice. Very nice. I like it a lot. Or Katelyn, Grace, Hannah, Ellie, Sydney & Brittan.
Popular Guy: Gage, Jack, Carter, Brennan, Brody, Russell, Logan, Cam, Ryan, Wyatt, Parker, Danny & Trent.
Best Friend #1: Kelcey, Danielle, Brook, Randi, Gianna, Tiffany, Nicole, Jessi, Brogan, Ruby & Makayla.
Best Friend #2: Tori, Alexis, Richelle (Richie), Jacqueline, Imani, Brittany, Briahna, Caylee, Leigh & Noelle.
Guy Best Friend: Alex, Chandler, Thomas, Leo, Aidan, Vince, Dodger, Lucas, Brooks, Caden, Sam & Noah.
Main Characters Mother: Kathryn, Tammy, Denise, Rebekah, Dawn, Sally, Robyn, Jane, Jo, Michele & Carla.
Main Characters Father: Brian, Kevin, Dan, John, Ed, Liam, Alexander, Richard, Dominic, Alan, Dillon & Graham.
Main Characters Sister: Allie, Bridget, Jaklyn (Jay), Jaidey, Kiera, Jaycie, Riley, Kyla, Keaton, Lauren, Fiona & Kiana.

Feel free to mix any of those up.. They're just sugguestions! After all, you know you characters better than anyone! GL.

#3 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Well, obviously, I love names! They're so fun to look for and to search for the right name for the right character. I love writing, which is why I'm in constant search for a good name. I want to be an author one day, so my fingers are crossed. I also enjoy dance and hanging out with my friends.

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:01 PM

Thanks!
I liked:
Main character: Hannah and Sydney
Popular guy: Gage, Brody, Cam
Best Friend #1: Ruby and Makayla
Best Friend #2: Leigh and Noelle
Best Guy Friend: Chandler and Noah
Main Character's mother: Tammy, Sally, and Jane
Main Character's father: Richard
Main Character's sister: Allie, Fiona, and Keira

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I really appreciate it. Do have any more for the best friends and the sister? I'm not so sure on those.

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,705 posts
  • Interests:♥ cloth diapers ♥ baby wearing ♥ birth ♥ natural parenting ♥ jogging ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ swimming ♥ hiking ♥ cooking ♥ singing ♥ dogs ♥ spaghetti ♥ baby names ♥

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:06 PM

Names needed for:
Main character (possibly Alice): Very bright and strong, but has no idea what to do. Light brown hair and green eyes.
I think Alice is nice, but Brooke, Jacqueline, Lydia, or Allison (maybe Allison nn Alice) all fit her nicely.

Popular guy: Obviously, not a very good guy. Charming up front, but very devious. Blonde hair and blue eyes.
Kenny, Thomas, Kyler, Drew, Jayden/Kayden, or Alex

Best Friend #1: The girlfriend of the raper. Very bubbly and loyal to her friend, but abandons her when she finds out who the father is. Blonde hair and green eyes.
Samantha nn Sammie, Kelsey, Elizabeth, Alizah, Tess, Kiley

Best friend #2: Closest friend of the main character. She helps her every step of the way and fully supports her keeping the baby. Brown hair and blue/gray eyes.
Natalie, Natasha, Camryn, Chelsea, Shawna, Seleste, Sierra, Andie/Andrea

Guy Best Friend: Oldest friend ot the main character. He's very surprised about the baby and thinks that she should put the baby up for adoption. In the end, the main character ends up with him. Auburn hair and blue/green eyes.
Gavin, Joshua, Lee, Ethan, Michael, Levi, Derrek

Main character's mother: A stay-at-home mother. Keeps a tight household. Very strict about her children's whereabouts. Brown hair and eyes.
Marissa, Caroline, Christine, Cate, Mary, Esther

Main character's father: A doctor. Gentler than his wife. Loves his daughter, but still turns away from here when he learns of the pregnancy. Brown hair and green eyes.
Benjamin, Jack, Kevin, Zachary, Tyler

Main character's sister: The 'perfect' daughter. She's two years younger than her sister, but is considered to be the better child. She has prefect grades, a perfect boyfriend, perfect friends, and is a perfect liar. Behind her parents back, she sneaks out and gets drunk every weekend. When she finds out about her sister's pregnancy she immediately says she'll tell their parents, but doesn't for fear of her sister telling their parents she isn't so perfect. Dark brown hair and hazel eyes.
Amanda, Carly, Lynette, Riley, Jessie, Lauren, Sophia

Let me know how everything go's! If you need more names, what you decide, etc. GL!

#5 JTC88

JTC88

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:41 PM

Glad you liked some of the names! Heres a few more for the best friends:

Best Friend #1: Jamie, Diana, Colby, Violet, Emma, Wesleigh, Carmen, Jory, Cassie & Elena
Best Friend #2: Anabell, Tatum, Rowan, Alexandra, Katie, Mary, Savannah, Marie & Faith
Guy Best Friend: Trey, Taylor, Blake, Madden, Marshall, Conrad, Landon, Elliott, Casey, Jensen, Ross, Jared, Tristan & Myles/Miles
Main Characters Sister: Perry, Sadie, Charlotte, Tess, Ashton, Audrey/Aubrey, Lakyn, Adeline, Arden, Harper & Rachel

Like any of those?

#6 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:20 PM

Thank you both so much! I love all the suggestions, but I think I have it figured out.

Main Character: Allison (called Alice)
Popular Guy: Brody
Best Friend #1: Kelsey
Best Friend#2: Tatum
Guy Best Friend: Marshall or Landon (not sure which yet what do yall think?)
Main character's mother: Esther
Main character's father: Richard
Main character's sister: Fiona

Thanks again! Now I can get started on the actual writing part! Yea! I loved all the suggestions, but I think these are the ones that best fit the characters. I'm not sure about Alice's best guy friends name though, so which do you think is better, Marshall or Landon? I'll probably post more as new characters come into play, but this is all I need for now. Thanks!!!!!!!

#7 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 6,705 posts
  • Interests:♥ cloth diapers ♥ baby wearing ♥ birth ♥ natural parenting ♥ jogging ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ swimming ♥ hiking ♥ cooking ♥ singing ♥ dogs ♥ spaghetti ♥ baby names ♥

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:17 PM

Your welcome :D I think all the names seem to fit the charactors gorgeously! Especially Allison nn Alice and Brody! Not sure why, but I like how they sound with the description....Anyways, I like Marshall better than Landon for him. I've always pictured a Landon to be dark haired/eyed...not clue why. (I actually kinda think the popular guy would fit as a Landon and best guy friend as a Brody, but either way does sound great!) Just let me know when you need more names! I'd love to help! I love how this story sounds! If it works, e-mail it to me! It sounds really, really intresting! Have you thought about names for the baby? Or is she not going to be borne during this story? Good lucks! ~Hayden

#8 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:10 PM

Again, thanks a ton! And yeah, I've always felt that way about Landon too! :D
Anyways here are the final names
Main character: Allison Langley (Alice)
Popular Guy: Brody Roth
Best friend #1: Kelsey Galloway
Best Friend #2: Tatum Boone
Best Guy Friend: Marshall Starling

MC's Family
mother: Esther Langley
father: Timothy Langley
sister: Fiona Langley

As for your question about the baby, I haven't been trying to figure its name out too excessively, only because I want to see what kind of person Alice develops into as she becomes a teen mother. I just know that I want it to be a girl (girls ARE more fun to name) but beyond that...I'm not totally sure where the story is going. If I ever need any help, I'll let you know. :(

#9 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 6,705 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:41 PM

They all sound great! But strangely, one of my best friends names is Allison Langlais (Lang-less)!!! What a coincedence (sp?) that its so close! But it does sound good!
And that does make sense, to wait to name the baby (girls are definetely funner to name, lol)
GL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users