• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Well, obviously, I love names! They're so fun to look for and to search for the right name for the right character. I love writing, which is why I'm in constant search for a good name. I want to be an author one day, so my fingers are crossed. I also enjoy dance and hanging out with my friends.

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:12 PM

Okay, so I've started my story about the girl who gets raped and ends up pregnant. It's coming along okay, but I need some name help. She (Alice) ends up joining a support group for pretty much anyone who has been abused, or has abused something (drugs, alcohol, themselves, etc.). I need help with names for the people in her group. They're all there for different reasons, all have their own stories. They all help each other as they move on from whatever haunts them. Anyway, I have the personalities, I just need help with names.

Group leader/therapist: A victim of rape by her fiance. Started cutting herself afterwards. Didn't tell anyone until the wedding day, when she left him at the alter. she has overcome her obstacles. Has been helping others for 10 years

Others in the group:
Cutter: She uses knives to cut herself. Her life sucks; parents fighting a lot (physically), sister was kidnapped, she's almost completely alone. She hates what she does, but releases her emotional pain.

Gang Rape: She was gang raped by three guys on her way to a concert. It's almost painful for her to be anywhere near guys. She's especially shut out. Doesn't like interacting at all.

Alcohol abuse: She abuses alcohol. She's addicted to it, has been since she was twelve and her older sister let her try a beer. Very friendly, just has a problem.

Heroin addict: She's addicted to Heroin. very jumpy. doesn't trust anyone. likes to get high to escape the real world. she hates just about everyone and everything.

Sexual abuse by mother: She was abused by her mother when she was younger, and has since moved in with her father. Acts like a boy; doesn't like being feminine.

Bulimic: She throws up after she eats. She was chunkier as a child, teased for it and since the age of 14 had been throwing up after meals. 17 and weighs 89 pounds. Hates feeling inferior in any aspect; tries to be perfect.

Sexual abuse by boyfriend: abuse from her boyfriend started a year before joining the group. Still with him. She blames herself for not being good enough for him.

Sexual abuse by father: He's the only boy in the group. He doens't like being around other guys after what his father did to him for six years of his life (6-12). Very scared of the idea of sex, wants to be surgically changed to a woman.

Beaten and Sexually abused by mother's boyfriend: Beaten and sexually abused by her mother's boyfriend for three years (14-17) until her mother finally listened to her and they moved and she got rid of the boyfriend. Doesn't trust guys older than 13.

Help! any suggestions are welcome. thanks!

#2 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy dancing, foreign languages, and babies + names of course! My dream is to be a mother, and to give my little bean the best childhood ever! <3

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:56 AM

Group leader/therapist: A victim of rape by her fiance. Started cutting herself afterwards. Didn't tell anyone until the wedding day, when she left him at the alter. she has overcome her obstacles. Has been helping others for 10 years
NAMES: Patty/Patricia, Fiona, Emberley, Jen/Jenna

Cutter: She uses knives to cut herself. Her life sucks; parents fighting a lot (physically), sister was kidnapped, she's almost completely alone. She hates what she does, but releases her emotional pain.
NAMES: Greta, Hadley, Marissa, Kiara, Tess, Nicole, Joelle

Gang Rape: She was gang raped by three guys on her way to a concert. It's almost painful for her to be anywhere near guys. She's especially shut out. Doesn't like interacting at all.
NAMES: Jade/Jada, Dessa, Shadow (I know a girl with this name), Dana, Bryce, Luna

Alcohol abuse: She abuses alcohol. She's addicted to it, has been since she was twelve and her older sister let her try a beer. Very friendly, just has a problem.
NAMES: Lainey, Sarah, Sydney, Avery, Lexi, Willow

Heroin addict: She's addicted to Heroin. very jumpy. doesn't trust anyone. likes to get high to escape the real world. she hates just about everyone and everything.
NAMES: Rita, Renna, Louise, Bliss, Nicole/Coco, Mara, Vera, Journey, Destiny

Sexual abuse by mother: She was abused by her mother when she was younger, and has since moved in with her father. Acts like a boy; doesn't like being feminine.
NAMES: Remy, Theresa/Reese/Rhys, Heather, Jacqueline/Jacklyn, Jody

Bulimic: She throws up after she eats. She was chunkier as a child, teased for it and since the age of 14 had been throwing up after meals. 17 and weighs 89 pounds. Hates feeling inferior in any aspect; tries to be perfect.
NAMES: Briana, Heather, Brittany, Kaitlin, Ophelia

Sexual abuse by boyfriend: abuse from her boyfriend started a year before joining the group. Still with him. She blames herself for not being good enough for him.
NAMES: Lynette, Alyssa, Drew, Kelsey, Ollie, Faith, Hailey

Sexual abuse by father: He's the only boy in the group. He doens't like being around other guys after what his father did to him for six years of his life (6-12). Very scared of the idea of sex, wants to be surgically changed to a woman.
NAMES: Everett, Cody, Kayden, Rory/Roran, Thomas, Matthew, Michael, Cole, Samuel, Oliver, Timothy, Taylor

Beaten and Sexually abused by mother's boyfriend: Beaten and sexually abused by her mother's boyfriend for three years (14-17) until her mother finally listened to her and they moved and she got rid of the boyfriend. Doesn't trust guys older than 13.
NAMES: Isabelle/Isabella, Scarlett, Carson/Sonny/Sunny, Fallon, Kail

I hope this helped! Need more?

#3 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Well, obviously, I love names! They're so fun to look for and to search for the right name for the right character. I love writing, which is why I'm in constant search for a good name. I want to be an author one day, so my fingers are crossed. I also enjoy dance and hanging out with my friends.

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:18 AM

NAMES: I like Emberly, but I'd like a few more suggestions.

NAMES: Hadley

NAMES: Jade

NAMES: Avery or Lexi, probably, what do you think?

NAMES: Vera called Bliss (because of her use of the drugs)

NAMES: Remy

NAMES: More suggestions please?

NAMES: I like Lynette, but I'm not sure it fits her really well. More suggestions?

NAMES: Cody or Taylor, which do you think?

NAMES: I like Scarlett, but i'm already using it in another story. Any suggestions close to it?

#4 Emma Jane

Emma Jane

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:31 AM

Names: Renee, Pam, Carly, Hilary or Tara

Others in the group:
names: Mallory, Danica, Jamie, Carrie or Ren

Name: Elly, Wendy, Shay, Demi or Anna

Name: Maggie, Mandy, Penny, Jen or Paige

Name: Kim, Lisa, Nora, Brooke or Kat

Names: Samatha (Sam), Erica (Eric), Willow (Will), Nikki or Veronica (ron)

names: Madison, Emily, Shelby, Peyton or Katie

Names: Sandy, Vivian, Sarah, Sybil or Abigail (abby)

Name: Jackson (Jackie), Oliver (Olivia), Paul (Paula), Cody (Jodie) or Jerry (Mary)

Names: Amy, Rose, Tiffany, Viola, or Zena

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 6,495 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy dancing, foreign languages, and babies + names of course! My dream is to be a mother, and to give my little bean the best childhood ever! <3

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:47 PM

Okays, heres more! (sorry if theres any repeats!)
NAMES: Emberly or Auvrey, Vess/Vessa/Vanessa, Sylvia, Dylan, Lauren

NAMES: Hadley (Very cute! I thought this name fit perfectly myself, lol!)

NAMES: Jade

NAMES: Avery or Lexi...I think Avery fits gorgeously (but I love that name at the moment lols)

NAMES: Both Vera and Bliss are nice, I think Bliss would fit greatly

NAMES: Remy

NAMES: Carly, Gretchen/Greta, Kiley, Becca, Maeve, Hannah, Cary (car-ee), Ella, Marjory, Mallory

NAMES: Natasha, Carys, Cassidy, Starr, Katia, Chastity, Chloe/Zoey, Melanie

NAMES: Cody would be better.

NAMES: Sophia, Raine, Tessa, Teagan, Noelle/Joelle, Tera, Imogen

Are these better? Do they fit perfectly?

#6 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

Name: Esmerelda (Esme)

Others in the group:
Name: Reicher

Name: Jade

Name: Viola

Name:Bliss

Name: Sydney

Name: Gretchen

Name:Katia

Name: Taylor

Beaten and Sexually abused by mother's boyfriend: Beaten and sexually abused by her mother's boyfriend for three years (14-17) until her mother finally listened to her and they moved and she got rid of the boyfriend. Doesn't trust guys older than 13
Name: Emberley

Tossed some the ideas around. Thank you so much for all the help!!!!

#7 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:12 AM

No problem! I'm glad you got all the names you needed! GL with the story!

#8 JTC88

JTC88

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

Sorry if any of these have been sugguested already...!

NAMES: Peyton, Kimber, Tayla, Robyn, Ellie, Rory, Chelsey or Piper

NAMES: Teigan, Hannah, Dana, C.J., Ayler, Lucie, Adeline, Bria or Mischa.

NAMES: Chase, Danielle (Dani), Brogan, Kyler, Kodi, Nolan, Ella, Daveigh, or Richelle (Richie)

NAMES: Brooke, Keaton, Riley, Dylan, Adriana, Ruby, Jentry, Jory, Kellan, Cayson, Kensley, or Wesleigh (Wes/Leigh)

NAMES: Blythe, Addie (Addy), Charleigh, Christy, Shay (Shannon), Carly, Kaylor, Crae (Rhymes with Pay, I know a girl named this)

NAMES: Reed, Janie, Lyndsey, Breckin, Noelle, Jaelyn, Diana, Amberly, Ness (Jennessa), Morgan, or Marisa.

NAMES: Raleigh, Taidyn, Jules, Andi, Bentley, Gavyn, Harley, Jamie/Jamey, Jacey, Jaidey, or Jesse.

NAMES: Ryan, Fiona, Tatum, Livia, Cailyn, Lilah, Annie, Jenna, Fallyn, Indigo, Parker, Georgia (Georgie) or Kestin.

NAMES: Tristan, Lucas, Brayden, Cameron, Logan, Cale, Channing, McKendry, Gage, Landry, Brasen, Ashton, Cason, Owen or Holden.

NAMES: Aspen, Dallis/Dallas, Arden, Baylee, Ali (Alexandra), Brady/Bradie, Emma, or Kaylie.

#9 JTC88

JTC88

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

Sorry, didn't see you got your names! The ones you picked are all great, and fit the characters well. Good luck with your writing! -B

#10 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:11 PM

Actually, JTC888, thank you! I looked back over my names and they weren't what I was really looking for. So I went back over them, looked back over all of yalls suggestions, and FINALLY locked the names in. Thank you all for helping me!!!! I really appreciate it. The story is moving along nicely, almost have 40 pages now, I haven't gotten to the point where these characters are needed, but they'll be popping up soon. Thank you forever and beyond!!!

Name: Robin

Others in the group:
Name: Reicher

Name: Esmeralda (Esme)

Name: Bailey

Name: Aspen

Name: Jacqueline

Name: Gretchen

Name: Sarah

Name: Channing

Name: Vera

Thank you all for bearing with me in my indecision. All the suggestions were very helpful!!!!! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users