• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JJ12

JJ12

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

I am writing a futuristic kind of distopian novel. I love most of my names but want some feedback. please let me know what you think.

main character: Thamion Blaze (called Blaze) a 16 year old boy trying to fight evil, but not the way everyone else is, by war, but his own way, "blazing his own trail" dark hair and eyes.

Avelen Chance: 15 year old girl, helping Blaze overcome evil, braze and silent, long brown hair, grey eyes.

Flynn Mason: Blaze's best freind, funny, sneaky, smart kinda geeky but a black belt in karate. reddy brown hair, green eyes. short.

Seth Wallenberg: another friend, kinda snotty, becomes better over the course of the story.

Isaac a young boy who helps Blaze, lives alone on the streets, brave.

Dianika Sharp: a 30 year old woman
Hadrian Blaze: Blaze's dad, taken away when he was young.
other minor characters:
boys:
Jett
Arian
Ryker
Asa

girls:
Diamonde
Starr
Moira
Thea

what do you think? I absolutely LOVE Avelen Chance, but Blaze, Flynn, Seth, or any of the others are open to change. please comment. thanks.

#2 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Acting, Dancing, Writing, Names, Event Planning, Hiking, Fitness, Cooking, Baking, and Exploring new things!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

I love ALL of the girls names, especially Avelen. On the other hand some of your boys names aren't necessarily as "future" like as the rest which gives them a wierd feel when read with the others so maybe something other than Flynn, Seth, and Isaac. Maybe Flick, Soren, and Iahn? Just my opinion!
  • alyssa897 likes this

#3 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

I really love the names you have chosen, however I agree with AliviaJade about the boys names. I love her suggestion of Flick and Soren. I also really like Blaze. I think you should definitely keep that.

Here are some random name suggestions you might like:
GIRLS
Jexa
Genesis
Jessalyn
Aerie
Clover

BOYS
Thaden
Phoenix
Jase
Tynan
Milo
Nero
Baylen
Lorcan

#4 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

I think all of the names sound great.

#5 wallflower_8

wallflower_8

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

I think the name Dianika is a bit out-there, even if it is supposed to take place in the future. Love the other names! I don't agree with AliviaJade about the names Flick and Iahn. Flick doesn't even sound like a name and the spelling of Iahn makes it seem as if you're trying too hard to be original. I'm also a writer, so I completely understand the trouble with naming characters. Good luck!

#6 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Acting, Dancing, Writing, Names, Event Planning, Hiking, Fitness, Cooking, Baking, and Exploring new things!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

BTW Iahn is pronounced like Ion not Ian!

#7 SoonToBeAuthor

SoonToBeAuthor

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Reading :)

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

I totally agree with AliviaJade

I am also gonna be a writer and i totally feel your pain when choosing names ;)
I cant think of any thing at the top of my head right now but ill tell you if i do :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users