3 replies to this topic

#1 const3llati0ns

const3llati0ns

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

I was thinking of some guilty-pleasure baby names when I realized that pretty much all of my favorite girl names could be considered guilty pleasure names!

Can you tell me what you think of these names, and if any of them would really be suited for a child?

Amelia Pond (A character, yes, with a noun as a middle name. I don't think it's as bad as giving my child the first name Apple, though.)
Lottie Dee (Name of one of my characters, and I love it)
Lilith Amelia (Another name of one of my characters. I really love this too).
Ember Reese (Ember has been crawling up my favorite names! I think it's beautiful.)
Destiny Alexandra (Destiny has always strung onto me)
Harmonee Clarisse (I found this version of Harmony accidentally and fell in love with it.)
River Song (Another name of a character)
Xelliana May (I made up the name Xelliana as an alias for myself several years ago, and it always stayed with me. Not that I would name a child that!)
Violet Ray (Violet is falling in my preferences, but it's still up there)
Tyler Denise (I've always liked Tyler on a girl, but I'm not the biggest fan of Denise here....I just couldn't think of anything)

Any thoughts?

#2 kentuckydime

kentuckydime

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

I personally know girls with these names:
Ember
Harmonee
Tyler

I like Tyler for a girl, not a huge fan but it is cute. The little girl I know named Harmonee is the sweetest cutest little 2 year old I have ever met.

Some of my GP names for girls are:
Sutton
Maisie
Lennon
Panther

#3 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

Ember, Harmonee, Clarisse, and Denise are my faves from your list!
River Song sounds very poetic to me, so I like it. Just maybe not for an actual child. ;)

#4 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

Amelia Pond - I love Amelia, but Pond is a little to odd to use.
Lottie Dee - I really like lottie! I think it is too nickname-y to actually use it. I would name her Charlotte and call her Lottie. That would be cute!!
Lilith Amelia - Amelia is precious, but Lilith is creepy considering it's the name of a folklore demon...
Ember Reese - I think it is usable and I LOVE Reese
Destiny Alexandra - I like Destiny! I knew a few of them growing up and always thought it was adorable!
Harmonee Clarisse - Not my style, But I think it's usable for sure!
Xelliana May - haha I think it's cute but not usable
Violet Ray - I love Violet!!!!! It's totally usable and pretty. Ray is not my style but sounds pretty. Violet May would be even cuter in my opinion :)
Tyler Denise - I don't really like Tyler for girls, only because both that I know hate their names because they ALWAYS get mistaken for boys. I'm not a fan of denise either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users