5 replies to this topic

#1 kentuckydime

kentuckydime

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

My great grandmother has recently passed away this year, and I have been trying to figure out a name to honor her with my first girl. Her full name was Ruby Nell McClure. I have thought about using McClure as a middle name with Katelyn, but was also thinking of any variations of her name that would be honoring her but not necessarily using her name. Names I have thought of are
Jenelle (Nell)
and Claire (McClure)
let me know what you think about those two names, if you think they are close enough to her name. also any other names you can think of that may be a variation of hers. thanks so much!

#2 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,881 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:49 AM

I'm bad about the honoring thing as I like to honor people very directly. But a thought that came up is Penelope! That has Nell tucked in :) And Mc of course could go for McKayla, McKenzie, etc. I adore the name Ruby, so precious! You could do a gem name to honor, Gemma, Jade, etc. Idk how direct you prefer to be, most my suggestions are kinda indirect. But I hope it helps <3

#3 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

I think using Ruby or Nell directly would be a nice way to honor your grandmother. I like Remy's suggestion of choosing another gem name instead of Ruby. This may be a bit of a stretch, but how about Noelle?

#4 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

What about Lenell? I have an aunt with this name and we just call her Aunt Nell :) I also have an Aunt Nelly <3
I like the idea of Penelope as well
Maybe Scarlett? since it's a red, like a ruby?

#5 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

I like the suggestion of Penelope. Also, have you thought of using Ruben if you have a son? I have Ruby honouring a Ruben on my list, so I can definitely see it working the other way round too.
Claire and any Mc names could honour McClure, and maybe Nelson for a boy if you want to use the Nell part?

My brain is not working too great right now, so sorry if these are terrible, or not along the right lines.

#6 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

Katelyn Ruby
Katelyn Jenelle

are both quite nice. I actually also like McClure as a MN, which surprised me, but Katelyn McClue is nice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users