• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Emma67

Emma67

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:27 AM

So I'm doing some fan fiction writing and I've decided to write a Severus Snape love story, but as a child. I'm doing this as a request to my friend for a birthday gift. Anyway, but since Snape has always been so hung up on Lily I'm giving him a chance as a kid to find new love.

Anyway so my character at that start of the story is an eleven year old girl and she's a muggle born. She had red hair as a little child, light brown hair from nine-twelve, and dark brown hair from then on. Her eyes are chocolate brown and her skin is pale. I guess you could say I'm basing the character's description off of Mackenzie Foy and Christie Burke (depending on the age). So if my description is a little fuzzy to you go check out a pic of Mackenzie and Christie.

She was sorted into Slytherin like Snape. She's not friends with the "Marauders" and again if you don't know who that is go search it in your search engine, whatever that might be. The Marauders teased her like they teased Snape so that's how they become friends.

Her personality is fiery. She gets mad easily, but she's really carring and nice to those who are different. A lot of the Slytherins won't talk to her because she's a "mudblood" as they call her. She doesn't ever cry about it though she just makes a witty or sarcastic response.

Back to the names, I literally have no ideas....at all. I also plan on posting this question on yahoo and wikianswers, so yeah give me any name ideas you might have for this character.

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

You probably want something that was popular or more common in the UK during the time that she would have been born. Maybe: Cynthia, Robin, Jean, Joan, Lori, Sandy, Helen, Maureen, Irene

#3 astraea_x

astraea_x

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:17 AM

Well, considering Slytherin names are usually reflecting tradition, they are usually older, more classic names (like Regulus, Severus, Lucius, Draco), but since she's unique, you might want a classic name that stands out against the stiff, traditional names of the other Slytherins. I also notice that a lot of names in Harry Potter revolve around Greek mythology (Hermione, Andromeda, Hestia, Minerva), so maybe you want similar? I suggest: Ainsley, Addison, Cassidy, Felicity, Callista, Evangeline, Persephone, Athena, Deirdre, Hadley, Tisiphone (Latin for huntress), Yvonne, Adria, Alexandra, Anastasia, Ariadne, Aris, Artemis, Vivienne, Esther/Asther, Cassandra (Cass for short), Daphne, Diana, Electra, Hermia, Geneva, Lexi, Lydia, Livia, Melanie, Nyssa, Ophelia, Phoebe, Thalia, Veronica, Xena, Xenia, Zoe. Good luck on your fanfiction!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users