16 replies to this topic

#1 bebeeg

bebeeg

Administrator

• Community Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:58 PM

"Emma" (and "Isabella," for that matter) has ended "Emily's" 12-year reign as the top name for baby girls. Jacob kept its spot for the 10th year in the row for boy names.

Source: http://blogs.orlando...-dethroned.html

#2 callumbibumbum

callumbibumbum

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Interests:I am very much into my cars. Have always had a passion for them. I am also a very keen musician, playing the piano and singing. I love to go cycling, especially in the area that I live. <br />I am a Television Producer ... which is difficult at times only being 27 and being the &quot;Boss&quot;, juggling three children and moving house.<br />Emily loves dancing. She is fantastic at it and teaches it as part of her profession. Emily is going to be studying for one year so that she can become an English Teacher. We both love going off-roading . I have a 4x4 that we use every weekend ... our daughters love it.

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:48 AM

Well I have lost out with my name ... but my daughter's takes the title!

#3 Momo Cicerone

Momo Cicerone

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:-Manga/Anime
    -Reality shows
    -Fanfiction (ages ago)
    -Books (Science fiction, Romance, Fantasy, Poetry, Adventure, Suspense, etc)
    -Shopping (shoes -watched too much Sex & the City)
    -Movies (and popcorn)
    -Surfing the internet
    -Video games (ages ago)
    -Dogs (Have an Alaskan Malamute named Zoe)
    -Karaoke (could stay all night long)
    -Drawing (ages ago, already lost my touch)

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:28 PM

Well I have lost out with my name ... but my daughter's takes the title!

:)

#4 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:laughing, enjoying life, soccer, dancing (even thou im no good!)

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:19 PM

Emma and Isabella are much prettier IMO

#5 callumbibumbum

callumbibumbum

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 736 posts
  • Interests:I am very much into my cars. Have always had a passion for them. I am also a very keen musician, playing the piano and singing. I love to go cycling, especially in the area that I live. <br />I am a Television Producer ... which is difficult at times only being 27 and being the &quot;Boss&quot;, juggling three children and moving house.<br />Emily loves dancing. She is fantastic at it and teaches it as part of her profession. Emily is going to be studying for one year so that she can become an English Teacher. We both love going off-roading . I have a 4x4 that we use every weekend ... our daughters love it.

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:34 AM

Emma and Isabella are much prettier IMO

;)

#6 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:52 AM

;)

But Emily is still a gorgeous name!! :unsure:

#7 callumbibumbum

callumbibumbum

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 736 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:03 AM

But Emily is still a gorgeous name!! ;)

I cannot believe she posted that comment. Typical Em.

#8 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:04 AM

I cannot believe she posted that comment. Typical Em.

She needs to feel that her name is loved!! ;)

#9 callumbibumbum

callumbibumbum

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 736 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:13 AM

She needs to feel that her name is loved!! ;)

She knows that I love the name, which is why I asked her to change it to Emily officially.

#10 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:15 AM

She knows that I love the name, which is why I asked her to change it to Emily officially.

Emily is a gorgeous name. It's one of those names that makes you think of sunshine and warm blankets that just came out of the dryer. ;) What was her name originally?

#11 callumbibumbum

callumbibumbum

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 736 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:19 AM

Emily is a gorgeous name. It's one of those names that makes you think of sunshine and warm blankets that just came out of the dryer. ;) What was her name originally?

Hmmm. Warm blankets :unsure: Her name was Kelly Emily, but she despised the name Kelly. I don't know why, perhaps seen as too common. She has always been known to me as Emily, even when we first met in High School, I had no idea. Then I persuaded her to change her name officially to Emily Clare before the wedding.

#12 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:25 AM

Then I am glad you persuaded her to change it. I like the name Emily much more than Kelly!

#13 Jessica J

Jessica J

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:Worship, singing, writing songs, being with friends and loved ones, reading, and watching movies.

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:53 PM

She looks more like an Emily anyway ;)

#14 Jessie

Jessie

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:15 PM

Hmmm. Warm blankets ;) Her name was Kelly Emily, but she despised the name Kelly. I don't know why, perhaps seen as too common. She has always been known to me as Emily, even when we first met in High School, I had no idea. Then I persuaded her to change her name officially to Emily Clare before the wedding.

Aw, I'm sorry, but I find that so sad! While I much prefer Emily Clare to Kelly Emily, her parents chose that name for her. It must have meant something to them. I would be so hurt if my child changed his/her name.

#15 callumbibumbum

callumbibumbum

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 736 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

Aw, I'm sorry, but I find that so sad! While I much prefer Emily Clare to Kelly Emily, her parents chose that name for her. It must have meant something to them. I would be so hurt if my child changed his/her name.

Well my Mum never really liked the name Kelly, but my Dad insisted that it would be first name. But they always called me Emily. I have to say, I did ask my parents if they wouldn't mind me changing my name and they wanted me to be happy with whatever name I chose.
I'm not that mean towards my Mum & Dad.

#16 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:laughing, enjoying life, soccer, dancing (even thou im no good!)

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:34 PM

;)

Oops, Sorry! Emily is (obviously) still a great name!

~A very sorry Maggie!
:unsure:

#17 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,503 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:09 PM

I have to say that i like Emily and Emma equaly. ;) They're both beautiful with a sort of simple elegance. -I think that sounded slightly corny. :P But it's true. Isabella is also pretty, but i prefer Isobel as it's less common. :unsure: Funny how Jacob has managed to keep it's place for TEN years..

-Yasmine <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users