• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

What do you think of Tristan Malachi? Malachi honors someone very dear to me and Tristan is (not intentionally) a nod to my favorite literary character, Tris. So, what do you think of the name Tristan, the name Malachi, and the names together as a combo?

Also, what do you think of number names? The only ones I like are Four (because of Tobias Eaton [Four] from the book "Divergent" by Veronica Roth) and Seven (I just think it's cool... and it happens to be Kenny Chesney's lucky number. I would only use one of these as a middle or a nickname. I don't know, is it crazy and really weird to give your baby a number name? I'm just trying out some different names...

I also like Kaia (for a girl, pronounced Kye-uh) or Kai (for a boy, pronounced Kye)... but, only if I didn't use Malachi as a middle name. I'm not sure Kaia is my style and maybe it's not enough of a name. I think maybe Kyla would be better, but I don't like that either.

I'm trying to honor a Kyle. <3

Thanks.

~ Madi

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

Tristan Malachi is not my style, but it's not bad.

As for number names, the only one I like is Seven, and only in the middle spot and for a boy. I'm picky like that. I do know a kid named Five, and he's a pretty great little almost five year old, haha

I like Kaia, it is my cousin's name. Kai is nice, too. Maybe Kyra to honor Kyle? I also know a Kylene, her name isn't my style but it would honor a Kyle well. And for a boy, maybe Lyle or another -yle name?

#3 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

Tristan Malachi is not my style, but it's not bad.

As for number names, the only one I like is Seven, and only in the middle spot and for a boy. I'm picky like that. I do know a kid named Five, and he's a pretty great little almost five year old, haha

I like Kaia, it is my cousin's name. Kai is nice, too. Maybe Kyra to honor Kyle? I also know a Kylene, her name isn't my style but it would honor a Kyle well. And for a boy, maybe Lyle or another -yle name?

Can you elaborate on why Tristan Malachi isn't your style? It's cool, I'm just curious... :-)

Seven would be as a middle for a girl and Four would be a middle for a boy. Although, I don't think I'm brave enough to use it. Maybe as a nickname totally unrelated to their given name? Maybe if my boy plays a team sport and his number is coincidentally 4, then I could call him that. But if jersey numbers are based on size, I don't think I'd want that. I just like Four because the character is my fave book's nickname is Four (because he only has 4 fears).

I don't know about Kaia. I think it's a cool name, but it just doesn't seem like a full name. I don't like Kyra or Kylene, sorry. Maybe I want to honor my Kyle in a less obvious way, lol. Like I did in Malachi (used the sound Ky). Lyle is a cool name, but I'm already using Malachi to honor Kyle.

Thank you so much, Addy! You respond to a lot of my topics and I really appreciate it. :-)

#4 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

Can you elaborate on why Tristan Malachi isn't your style? It's cool, I'm just curious... :-)

Seven would be as a middle for a girl and Four would be a middle for a boy. Although, I don't think I'm brave enough to use it. Maybe as a nickname totally unrelated to their given name? Maybe if my boy plays a team sport and his number is coincidentally 4, then I could call him that. But if jersey numbers are based on size, I don't think I'd want that. I just like Four because the character is my fave book's nickname is Four (because he only has 4 fears).

I don't know about Kaia. I think it's a cool name, but it just doesn't seem like a full name. I don't like Kyra or Kylene, sorry. Maybe I want to honor my Kyle in a less obvious way, lol. Like I did in Malachi (used the sound Ky). Lyle is a cool name, but I'm already using Malachi to honor Kyle.

Thank you so much, Addy! You respond to a lot of my topics and I really appreciate it. :-)

I just don't like Tristan. I don't like the sound or the meaning (full of sorrows; tumult; outcry). I love Malachi though.

Harper Beckham's middle name is Seven :)

And I'm happy to reply! :D

#5 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

I actually really like Tristan; it is a name I haven't thought about before, but is quite handsome.

Tristan Malachi is great... I would keep it on the list for sure! :)

Kai is a name that I have had on my list before... I think it is one of those cute, short, and sweet names <3

As for numbers, nms, but could be cool... I suppose :)

#6 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

Tristan Malachi is very handsome. I have a soft spot for Tristan, ever since I heard it in Stardust :3 I do automatically want to pronounce Malachi like mal-uh-key instead of with the ky sound at the end, but it sounds much better pronounced the way you do.

As for Kyle names, you have, as you mentioned, already used the ky sound, so that's one way lol. Names like Tyler, Skyler, Kyler, Kylie, Lyla, Lyle, Mya (my-uh) might work, they all have the same sort of sound that ties them together.

Seven is one of my ultimate guilty pleasure names. I have a lot of guilty pleasure names, and Seven is one of the more out there ones lol. I'd use it for a girl in either spot, though I think it would make a gorgeous first. Her nickname would probably be Sevvie :3 Im not enamoured of Four, but it'd be cute in the middle name spot. I can see it being more feminine though, it reminds me of Fleur a little bit.

Hope this helps!
Hannah x

#7 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

I love Tristan Malachi. Both names are totally my style!

I don't mind number nicknames, but I think as actually names it might be too much. Especially if you were to use Tristan and have a nickname like Four...it's a little obvious. Also, I think nicknames that are not derivative of actual names (like Alex from Alexander) should happen organically and not be forced. If you find a number nickname being relevant then I think it'd be a great idea, but if you have a child and just decide to call it "Three" just because...well, that's really your choice.

I like Malachi much better than Kaia or Kai and it would sorta honor a Kyle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users