#1 Bewitching

Bewitching

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Reading, names & my little nieces

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

Hello there! I'm still writing on my story, Aradus, and now I'd like the High King & Queen of the current country to be named. Because their belief system is rather different from ours, peasants only have one name and a surname, whereas the Royals can have up till 10 names and no surname (!!!).

Description
The High King is a tall man. 2.87 meters and he's purple. He's rather handsome for alien standards and he has a big green beard and long green hair. He's a man, who makes sure that there is no injustice and he's the perfect leader to his country. I'm thinking about him having 6 names, because he can. He's around 60 years old (According to their number system) and he have two sons and a beautiful wife. The King is very caring.

The High Queen isn't as tall as her husband, only being 2.56 meters tall and she's a deep ocean blue colour. She's shy and keeps to herself mostly, but is highly loved by the people, as she's so Earthbound and never says no, when people wants to speak with her. She's nice, witty and young. 34 years old. She was the child of The King's uncle, so they're cousins. Which means she's still a royal and will need 3 names, as she's the fifth girl out of 10 children. She got married to The King fairly young. Her hair is a deep lemon yellow and it falls in natural waves. She's smart, witty and talks a lot when only her family is around her.

Considered names

For The High King I've considered: Amdu, Elobe (too close to earlobe?), Sekhae, Psenu.
For The High Queen: Sevira, Alycry, Neetse, Moqa, Erea & Lirann

Thanks for the help! You can read the story, here.

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

I really like Alycry for the High Queen, I'm not 100% sure how you intend for it to be pronounced but it looks very nice and the ways I imagine it (Ah-lee-cree) or (AL-iss-ree) are both very pretty.   Maybe Alycry Lirana Popi  or Alycry Lirana Sevire or Alycry Lirana Reign ...

I also like Amdo for the High King.  Something about him being a very amiable person makes Amdo seem fitting.  Or maybe Abel (unless that is too normal sounding).  Off the top of my head...Abel Amdo Basheq Castos Veridus Nue :)

#3 Bewitching

Bewitching

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:01 AM

I like your suggestion, but Abel is a bit too human. I want the names to be more.. like 3-6 letters smashed together. A little like when you see Egyptian names (sorry!). But I love Basheq, Veridus and Nue.

#4 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

I like your suggestion, but Abel is a bit too human. I want the names to be more.. like 3-6 letters smashed together. A little like when you see Egyptian names (sorry!). But I love Basheq, Veridus and Nue.

No problem, I've gone through similar naming problems for my fantasy characters...glad you like the other names I suggested.  

#5 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

I'll give this a random go...

Accra
Gad
Hoggar
Sahel
Tuareg
Svorza / Sforza
Cavalli
Kya
Bubalus
Ibero
Tamazight
Tibesti
Maghrib
Gafsa

#6 Bewitching

Bewitching

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:34 AM

Katie, thank you for understanding. I'm using Veridus or Verdius as a part of the 1st son's name. I think. I'm still not sure which I will prefer.

Addison, Accra? Really beautiful! I have a love for A names, so thanks! Hoggar - (Bugger?) Or am I having pronounciation issuses with it? Cavalli - Reminds me of some delicious pasta. But I think I'll grow to like that one quite a lot. Bubalus - It reminds me of two Danish things. An actor and lice, though I love it, I won't get past the Danish things. Sorry! The other names, I'll try and scramble with the rest of my names.

#7 Laura2013

Laura2013

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:36 AM

I'm not here to suggest names as I haven't got a clue but maybe you could post this on wattpad?

Also I love Emmanuelle and gonna use it for my story I am currently working on.

Laura

#8 Bewitching

Bewitching

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:27 AM

I'm not here to suggest names as I haven't got a clue but maybe you could post this on wattpad?

Also I love Emmanuelle and gonna use it for my story I am currently working on.

Laura

Wattpad? What is their rules about copyright? Also, I like using blogspot, as I know it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users