We're thinking of trying for baby #2 and I would love to have a working list of names to at least start from. Hubby and I have very different tastes in names and I am also extremely picky.
Criteria for names include...
- Names that cannot be shortened, as I am not a big fan of nicknames (I will consider names that can be shortened, but I have a very short list of approved nicknames)
- Names that are biblical or hold meaning
- I also love unique or "old fashion" names (I refuse to use any name or form of a name in the top 20 list). I come from a family with 3 John's, 2 Kevin's, and 2 Dennis's, needless to say family gatherings can get confusing lol. I also don't want my child to be referred to by their last name in class because they are one of 3 "Megan's".
- I also hate "creative" spellings on popular names or boy's names used on girls
- I'm looking for something other than "T" and "J" names. "J" names are extremely popular with my husband's family and I'm really looking for something a little different.
With that being said my list right now is extremely short after having our first child. Our son's name is Tobias Richard, so I'm looking for names that have the same kind of feel to them or that will sound good with Tobias. We have a very short last name so I'm looking for longer middle name if the first name is short.
Boys: Emmanuel Louis
(Only want to use with Noelle for a B/G twin set in Dec)
Girls: Noelle Alexandria
(Only want to use with Emmanuel Louis for B/G twin set in Dec)
I love the names Emmanuel and Noelle together, and I don't really want to separate them if we don't have twins. Also any good middle names for Silas or Nora? Any other first and middle name combinations are welcome! I also love Gideon, Scarlet, and Evelyn although I can't use any of these names because my hubby doesn't like them.