Photo

What are some Rare/Umcommon/Antique Names?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:56 AM

I need some names to go with Caia and Magnus! Our list so far for boys and girls are these:

BOYS
Mercer
Simon
Elvis
Abel
Archer
Aloysius
Aristotle
Auberon
Balthazar
Constantine
Carlisle
Callum
Croix
Dante
Dexter
Etienne
Gideon
Graydon
Jacoby
Sorrel
Carmichael
Nicodemus
Matthias
Matteo
Henry
Rhys
Santiago
Cyrus
Vaughn
Atticus
Jasper
Jude
Judas
Tobiah
Judah
Tobias
Alaric
Alistair
Alasdair
Roman
Castiel
Jensen
Dean
Mortimer
Cassius
Ignatius
Rosario
Adair
Alphonse
Elric
Benjen
Benjamin
Samuel
Gabriel
Stark
Link
Gray
Renley

Girls
Rosaline
Rosalie
Zelda
Florence
Lolita
Arya
Aria
Aloisia
Sybil
Cosette
Persephone
Rosalia
Calliope
Francesca
Anastasia
Juniper
Imogen
Cordelia
Adelaide
Ophelia
Isolde
Melisande
Marisol
Alouette
Seraphina
Valencia
Arabella
Jocelyn
Rosalba
Claire
Penelope
Eden
Lorelei
Vivienne

Unisex
Ciel
Artemis
Ari
Bellamy

We really like Sophie for a girl and Lyle/Carlisle for a boy, so we really want those as a first or middle name!

#2 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

My favorites from your boy list are Dexter, Jude, and Roman.  They all have an antiquated feel to them, yet they still sound nice on a kid born in the 21st century.  I could see any of these sibsets working well - Caia, Magnus, & Dexter / Caia, Magnus, & Jude / Caia, Magnus, & Roman.

For the girls, I like Rosaline, Rosalie, and Seraphina best.  I love the idea of a Rose-inspired name as a sister to Caia and Magnus... and Rosaline and Rosalie are both usable yet still antique-sounding.  Seraphina also has the regal, elegant sound that your other kids' names do.  Caia, Magnus, & Rosaline / Caia, Magnus, & Rosalie / Caia, Magnus, & Seraphina.

I'm not crazy about any of the unisex names, to be honest... but then again, I'm not a fan of unisex names in general.

Lyle/Carlisle aren't my style, but I like the sound of Caia, Magnus, & Lyle... Caia, Magnus, & Carlisle seems more appropriate stylistically, but I don't know if you mind having two children with C names and one without.  Dexter Lyle, Dexter Carlisle, Jude Carlisle, Carlisle Jude, Roman Lyle, Roman Carlisle, and Lyle Roman all sound great to me!

Sophie does seem a bit traditional and popular in comparison to your other kids' names, which makes me wonder whether Caia, Magnus, and Seraphina would be a better fit, since Sophie and Seraphina share similar sounds, though Seraphina is much more uncommon and elegant-sounding.  Sophie Rosaline is a pretty combo, though!

Hope this helps!

• BabyNameRater likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users