• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Gwyneth

Gwyneth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • Interests:I love reading, and writing, handging out with my friends, Drama and listening to music. I can't sing to save my life. I kinda like walking my dog, I love all animals, and travelling.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:15 PM

So guess what, the Duggars are expecting their 19th child, and they're also expecting their first grandchild. WOW!! So I thought I'll put the topic here, because I'm interested on what people think about them. My view is that it's up to them, but if each child has all the love and attention he/she needs them I'm fine with it, but if not I think it's pretty sad.

Found here
http://blog.zap2it.c...19th-child.html

#2 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,407 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, sleeping, watching tv

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:24 PM

I personally think that 19 is wayyy too many...but you're right, its up to them....

#3 Anna.

Anna.

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:48 PM

Wow...it doesn't surprise me they're expecting another though. I think the Duggars do a decent job at caring for all of their children and keeping them under control (at least while filming) but I don't think it's humanly possible to have that many kids and give ALL of them the attention they need. It is apparent that they love their family so if they can afford it, more power to them.

#4 xSirenx

xSirenx

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:52 PM

What I dont understand is how a woman can go through that many pregnancies Imagine what her poor uterus is feeling..If you think about it...15 years of her life she was spent being pregnant lol.

#5 Heather Leigh

Heather Leigh

Superstar Baby Namer

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:59 PM

The kids do seem really well-adjusted and well-behaved from the episodes I've seen of their show. I don't think I could do what she does. She has the patience of a saint!

But that's what it takes. Our pastor and his wife have 7, and she is so much more mellow and calm with her kids than some other moms I know with far fewer kids. In her case, though, she doesn't want any more, because it has taken a toll on her body and her last delivery was rough. But some people have much easier pregnancies and labors. My friend that has 13 said her labors were easy and only last a few hours apiece. Lucky her.

#6 JustJenn

JustJenn

Legendary Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:19 PM

I saw that earlier today as well!
I agree w/ what everyone else has said about if they can care for them, then great for them!

Their child and grandchild will be 5 months apart! WOW!

#7 Heather Leigh

Heather Leigh

Superstar Baby Namer

• Senior Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:26 PM

Their child and grandchild will be 5 months apart! WOW!

My Alex and my little brother are 5 months apart!

#8 JustJenn

JustJenn

Legendary Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

My Alex and my little brother are 5 months apart!

Wow, Heather that is amazing!
I bet they are really close!

#9 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:26 PM

Wow that's crazy, but I am not surprised...

~alyssa

#10 ShortStuff_Shannie

ShortStuff_Shannie

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Texting,dancing,volleyball,meeting people and hanging with friends!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:24 PM

I think that 19 is a LOT! And wont it be a little weird for the grandchild to have a neice/nephew younger than her?!

#11 Heather Leigh

Heather Leigh

Superstar Baby Namer

• Senior Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:55 PM

I think that 19 is a LOT! And wont it be a little weird for the grandchild to have a neice/nephew younger than her?!

No; it's not weird. My daughter, Ellie, is 3 years older than her uncle (my little brother).

Jenn, yes; Alex & Devin are very close - more like cousins or brothers than nephew/uncle. I think it's especially nice for Devin, since his sisters are 20 & 23 years older than him.

#12 JustJenn

JustJenn

Legendary Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:19 PM

Jenn, yes; Alex & Devin are very close - more like cousins or brothers than nephew/uncle. I think it's especially nice for Devin, since his sisters are 20 & 23 years older than him.

That is nice!

#13 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,507 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:14 AM

Hmm.. I just hope all those kids get the love and attention they need/deserve.

-Yas <3

#14 xSirenx

xSirenx

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:49 PM

My sister is 19 years older than I am and she had my nephew when I was 2..So I was an Aunt at the age of 2..Then she had her next son when I was 4..So its not all that weird..I grew up with my nephews like they were my lil brothers lol..I rather much enjoyed it since my next older sister was 11 years older so I was pretty much all alone

#15 Sami Marie

Sami Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Names
    Movies
    Music
    Family

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:37 PM

my friend Katrina "Trina" is 19 and her older sister Jaunty is 38. Jaunty has 2 kids that are Kiana "Kiki" (17) and Kristopher "Kris" (19). Kris, Kiki and Trina are all really close...they are more like brother and sisters then aunt/nephew&niece!
I was 12 when my first niece Marissa was born and 17 when the youngest Catarina was born.

#16 JayGecko

JayGecko

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,761 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Science and Fiction.

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:54 PM

My mother and her brother are 17 years apart in age. By the time she was out of diapers, he was married and had his own kids. When his first marriage fell apart, his wife kept the three boys, and he kept his daughter, and moved back in with his parents and my mother. Mum says it was very strange have her 'neice' there, who was only two years younger than her (and who went to the same school), and in fact, her neice was favoured as she was the only granddaughter of the family. My mother and Uncle are now 49 and 66, and are like any other brother and sister, but my mother still doesn't get on with her neice at all.

EDIT: Urgh. Just had a horrible thought for my Uncle, realising at 16 that his parents still had sex must have been horrifying for him! That's something no one should have to realise, let alone with the proof of a baby! :(

#17 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:57 PM

EDIT: Urgh. Just had a horrible thought for my Uncle, realising at 16 that his parents still had sex must have been horrifying for him! That's something no one should have to realise, let alone with the proof of a baby! :(

Hahaha! How horrible! That would be so gross to realize!

#18 Anna.

Anna.

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:44 PM

^^Hahaha :(

I know a girl who has an aunt who is 5 years younger than she is because her mom and her aunt were over 20 years apart! They are more friends than aunt-neice to one another.

#19 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,507 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:49 AM

Aww!

My grandma and her brother are about 20 years or so apart, and so my dad is 46, and his uncle is a year younger than me and Danni. :(

-Yas <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users