What's in a name?
Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:39 PM
This shows what effect your first initial may have on your life and life choices! I'm not sure how much truth there is to it but it's interesting!
The name letter effect is the hypothesis that the probability of certain actions can be influenced by the first letter of the name of the person performing the action. For example, thatt Bill is more likely to move to Buffalo than a city that does not begin with a "B".
- Choice of living location (city, state)
- Choice of spouse (e.g. Omar being more likely to marry Ophelia than Patricia)
- Choice of brand
- Choice of occupation (e.g. a disproportionate number of dentists named Dennis)
- Academic performance in systems that use letter grades (e.g. for Academic grading in North America, students with names beginning with "A" tend to do better than students with names beginning with "D". Studied for MBAs, law students, and undergraduates.)
- Sports performance (e.g. people with names beginning with "K" being more likely to strike out)
- Donations to natural disasters
Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:54 PM
does that mean i'm more likely to move to England than Victoria, BC?
Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:02 PM
I don't think any of them apply to me, but I'm hoping that the Academic performance part has an effect on the girls as they're all 'A's!
Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:13 PM
Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:04 PM
Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:08 PM
Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:29 PM
I don't know if it applies to me because I can't think of anything that starts with V other than Violin!
I do tend to be more competive maybe that's my name driveing me to be Victorious!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users