Lily Grace Dashwood
Marcus Finnegan Eldridge
DS/DS: Daniel Benjamin / Ryan Thomas (18)
DS/DS/DS: Milo Adams / Oliver Michael / Jake Francis (15 1/2)
DD: Isobel Taylor (9 1/2)
DS: Liam Nathan (8)
DD: Lena Rose (1)
* Jake and Mia have been dating for almost a year, but no one expected this. I tried to stay strong for them, but now that I'm alone I can't stop sobbing. This is not the way things are supposed to be. They are only sixteen-year olds.
Today, Mia came to dinner. After the younger kids had gone to bed, Jake asked Mark and I to go to the living room. Dan and Ryan were already there. The four kids had very serious faces, and I sensed something was wrong. Mark and I sat down on the sofa, waiting.
Mia opened her mouth but couldn't even speak a word before bursting into tears. I sat down there waiting for the worst: a death, an illness. Jake finally spoke: Mia was pregnant. And Dan and Ryan had known for quite some time too. Jake had gone to them for advice and they had convinced both Jake and Mia that it was best to tell us. I was instantly relieved that it wasn't something horrible and painful, but then a little voice inside my head said: they are only sixteen! Mark was sitting right beside me and didn't know what to say. We both looked at each other for what it seemed like an eternity before we heard Jake's voice again. There was more...
Mia's parents had kicked her out when she told them. She needed a place to stay. Thanks God we cleaned up the garage when spring came. Jake and Mia are going to stay there until we can figure things out.
After I got over the initial shock I assured them everything was going to turn out fine, and that we were going to help them. Mia couldn't stop sobbing, she said she was really grateful for everything and that although they hadn't planned this she knew Jake and her would be good parents. I didn't think it was a good time to talk about adoption, so I just went to make some tea while veryone calmed down.
After the tea we all went to bed.
* Jake and Mia told the kids today. They are all pretty excited. I'm starting to feel excited myself. Although I can't help thinking Jake and Mia are only teenagers.
* Quads. That's what the doctor told us today. Jake and Mia are in shock. Mia keeps saying there's no way they are going to be able to do this. I'm starting to think the same myself, but I don't want to scare them. I called Mia's parents after we came home from the doctor. Her mother picked up but didn't want anything to do with her daughter or the pregnancy. I can't believe someone would be so heartless.
* Today Marcus and I sat down with Jake and Mia to talk about adoption. After all, it's not going to be easy to take care of four babies at the same time. To our surprise, they had already considered the option and had done plenty of research themselves. They are going to keep their options open, but are leaning toward keeping the babies.
* The babies aree growing pretty fast. Mia is already on bed rest. The doctors want to keep her and the quads closely monitored because she's young and the babies are many. Everything is going as wellas can be under the circumstances. Mia's best friend somes at least twice a week to spend time with her; Jake is always beside her unless he's at school; and the kids do everything they can to help Mia and keep her occupied, they are so excited to be aunts and uncles.
Jake and Mia have decided they don't want to know the sex of the babies, so everyone in the family is making bets about it. Jake and Mia say they will be happy with whatever they get as long as the babies are healthy. They have grown so much in so little time. I'm very proud of both of them.
* Mia has been quite down for the last couple of days. I brought her breakfast today and sat down with her to talk for a while. She is very sad and hurt because her mother hadn't called her. It breaks my heart. I told her her mother will eventually come around, after all, Mia is her only daughter and the babies are her grandchildren.
* Today at the doctor's appointment, the ob/gyn couldn't find baby's B heartbeat. We were very scared. Jake held Mia's hand while the doctor searched for a heartbeat and tried to keep her hopes up, but tears ran down his face. After the longest minute of my life, the heartbeat was found. The four babies were alive, but baby B wasn't getting enough oxygen, so they have scheduled a c-section for tomorrow morning. This is completely unexpected, but we all need to stay strong.
* The babies are here! One girl and three boys. Mia wanted all of us to go to the hospital with her but Marc didn't think it was a good idea and I agreed. Dan, Ryan and I went to the hospital with Jake and Mia; and Marc stayed home with Milo and Oliver to keep an eye on Isobel, Liam and Lena Rose. I went with Jake and Mia, while Dan and Ryan waited ouside and kept the other updated on what was happening. Everything happened very fast. Jake and Mia were allowed to see and touch the babies for a few seconds before the doctors ran all the necessary tests. The quads will have to be in the NICU for at least two or three weeks, they are so little!
The best thing happened on the afternoon. Mia's parents went to visit her and the babies. Mia and her mother had a long, sincere conversation and they finally made up.
Jake and Mia decided to call the boys: Lucca Daniel, Bradley Thomas and Colton Francis. The girl's name is Adelaide Grace after Mia's mother (Alice) and me.
This is going to be quite an adventure, but we are all very grateful and happy for these four miracles. Birth Announcements by WiddlyTinks.com