Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:30 AM

Hiya, I'm new but here goes:

I'm not prenant, just preparing in the hopes that I will be eventually. :) . Here are my top first/middle combinations & some info on each:

Mischa Jayne (MEE-sha)(jayn) - Mischa is an extremely rare name in the U.S., and has never reached the top 1000. Jayne was popular for a while, but dropped off the charts around 1950. Together, they have a short/sweet sound (to my ears at least), and a beautiful nickname she can use as a child "M.J." I especially like Jayne with the 'y' because when I see Jane I immediately think of the phrase 'plain jane', but Jayne is soooo much better and more wonderful because it is familiar and new.

Veronica Sarai (veh-RON-ih-kah)(sah-RYE) - Veronica is a name that I have loved forever (mostly for Ronni eor Nicky as a nn), but had a hard time finding a middle name for, since I utterly depise the majority of 1-syllable names (Jayne excluded). Then I found Sarai, which is the name Sarah went by in the Old Testament before changing it to Sarah. It has a fresh sound to me, and I had never heard it before then.

Yes, I am weird, but I want to be prepared. I depise the name my parents gave me, and don't want my child to feel that way about their name. Overall, the type of middle name I'm looking for is subtle, short but NOT trendy or plain. This means that Marie, Anne, Lynn, Claire, Rose, Rae, Renee, Mae, Lee, Nicole, Michelle and all of their variations are out. I wan't something that is a variation of a name like Sarah or Jane. Simple classics with just a hint of freshness rarely used as middle names.

Need middle names for:
Eliza (not Elizabeth, never Elizabeth.) ------1 or 2 syllable middle name not beginning with A or L or E
Dahlia (dahl-yuh, can also be spelled Dalia if that what u like) ------ 1 or 2 syllable middle name not beginning with D or A

Thanks, and I hope I get at least a few responses!
EDIT: I think Elizabeth Taylor was a famous actress or something. And I'd like to avoid names ending in 'a' because it sounds repetive. Sorry, I'm really picky, thanks fora answering though!

EDIT2:

I'm just not sure on one thing. You say you don't like "trendy or plain names or any variation"{Anne, Marie, Rose, Claire}, but then you ask for "variations of a name like Sarah or Jane". Aren't those plain names as well? ;) Isn't that a contradiction? :D
Explain, please, so we'll be able to help! :D

<--Hope I did that right! Okay, so when I mean plain, I mean names the names that come out of it, not the names they are from. Sarah and Jane are definitely plain, but Sarai and Jayne aren't. It is an opinion, I know, but I think that most would agree that they see Sarah/Jane quite a bit more than Sarai/Jayne. As far as Anne/Marie/Rose etc are concerned, the reason I don't want variations of those is that people will look at Rosa or Annie (at least I would) and only see those top middle names. Anne/Marie/Rose and the ones I nixxed are super-popular middle names, I see them everywhere and it kind of ruins them for me. I hope this is a little clearer now.... sorry but I have a specific naming style that is really hard. Thanks for your super-detailed, wonderlicious answer though!

#2 Strawberry

Strawberry

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:33 AM

What about Jayna?
Dahila Victoria
Eliza Taylor

That's all I can think of for now.

#3 luv2bamom1001

luv2bamom1001

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:21 PM

Eliza Greer
Eliza Brynn
Eliza Rue
Eliza Camille
Eliza Celeste
Eliza Chantal
Eliza Giselle
Eliza Mireille
Eliza Janelle
Eliza Jolie

Dahlia Blythe
Dahlia Sloan
Dahlia Janae
Dahlia Carine/Corinne
Dahlia Elise
Dahlia Katrine
Dahlia Lucille

Like any? Dahlia was harder to come up with a good middle name. Good luck!

#4 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:30 PM

Okay, I really, really like Mischa a lot.
Personally, I don't mind "simple" (=plain) names, for the sole reason that -with all those weird naming trends- they are becoming the unusual. But that is just me, as much as I prefer Jane, Jayne is a nice alternative if you love it.

Same for Veronica. It's a name I've always liked, plus I know one Veronica that I really love-- so the name gets a positive name/person association. Sarai is a great alternative to Sarah, which is on of the few simple names that I'm not too fond of. It's got a positively refreshing sound, but I love the fact that it's the original spelling. I love biblical names! (:

I'm just not sure on one thing. You say you don't like "trendy or plain names or any variation"{Anne, Marie, Rose, Claire}, but then you ask for "variations of a name like Sarah or Jane". Aren't those plain names as well? ;) Isn't that a contradiction? :D
Explain, please, so we'll be able to help! ;)

Anyways. Onto the names.

Eliza: It sounds as timeless as Elizabeth but more modern and refreshing. I love it! (not Elizabeth, never Elizabeth.) ------1 or 2 syllable middle name not beginning with A or L or E

Eliza Bronte
Eliza Dove
Eliza Vivian
Eliza Corinne
Eliza Kairi
Eliza Tamar
Eliza Grier
Eliza Nadine
Eliza Marion
Eliza Rome [don't ask me where this came from. I guess I was thinking 'variations of plain names'.. Rose--> Rome. Gosh, my mind works in mysterious ways]

Dahlia: You are one of the few people who have this on their list.. finally someone! It [and Dalia, too] is one of my favourite names ever! It's just too sweet for words :) So elegant and uncommon :D

Dahlia Eve
Dahlia Zoe
Dahlia Bronte
Dahlia Mercy
Dahlia Clarisse
Dahlia Vivian
Dahlia Eloise
Dahlia Elodie
Dahlia Corinne
Dahlia Serene
Dahlia Liv
Dahlia Cecily
Dahlia June
Dahlia Sabine

I don't know if any of these are your style, I just tried to give it a shot.
Also, have you considered Dehlia/Delia instead of Dahlia/Dalia? Somehow, the "EH" sound makes it easier to find a middle name, in my opinion. Or at least, all the middle names that I came up with.. sounded good with Delia! :D

Let us know!

#5 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for your super-detailed, wonderlicious answer though!

You are very welcome! :)
So what do you think of any of the middle names that have been suggested so far? :)

[You can reply by hitting the 'AddReply' button at the top or at the bottom of the page, so you'll skip the hassle of editing your first message ;)]

#6 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:39 PM

It really, really takes me a while to pick up a name, but on first sight these catch my eye:
Eliza Nadine
Eliza Corrinne
Dahlia Eve
Dahlia Zoe
Dahlia Clarisse
Dahlia Elodie
Dahlia Corinne
Dahlia Sabine
Eliza Brynn
Eliza Chantal
Eliza Janelle
Dahlia Blythe
Dahlia Janae
Dahlia Katrine
Dahlia Lucille

I'll have to go back and check pronunication (to avoid same syllables), and I don't recognize some of them. No particular one sticks out to me so far, but if I see a meaning or history thing I like that could easily change. As to the Delia question, I prefer Dahlia because I think of deli meat when I hear Delia... so it is just an association problem.

I'd still love to get more ideas/responses though...

#7 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:23 AM

Eliza (not Elizabeth, never Elizabeth.) ------1 or 2 syllable middle name not beginning with A or L or E
Eliza Ruby
Eliza Brynn
Eliza June
Eliza Grace - Predictable but it works here.

Does it have to be 1 or 2 syllables?
Eliza Josephine
Eliza Margaret
Eliza Juliet
Eliza Isabel
Eliza Sophie

Dahlia (dahl-yuh, can also be spelled Dalia if that what u like) ------ 1 or 2 syllable middle name not beginning with D or A

Dahlia Margo
Dahlia Eden
Dahlia Ivy - Too flowery?
Dahlia Caris/Carys

longer middle names:
Dahlia Violet
Dahlia Celeste
Dahlia Charlotte
Dahlia Scarlett
Dahlia Eleanor
Dahlia Emmeline

0 user(s) are reading this topic